Profile for DictionaryCorner > Reviews

Step Up [DVD]
Dvd ~ Channing Tatum
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Step Up [DVD] (DVD)
Very disappointed that this DVD doesn't work at all. Perhaps the DVD works for another region, but that isn't much use to me!

Save The Last Dance [DVD] [2001]
Save The Last Dance [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Julia Stiles
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 24 May 2014
Very disappointed that this DVD doesn't work at all, perhaps it's for the wrong region. Unfortunately, absolutely useless to me.

Falk Case IHCVX 120 Tractor and Trailer Ride-on
Falk Case IHCVX 120 Tractor and Trailer Ride-on

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing parts!, 2 Jan. 2014
Some bolts were missing, meaning a wheel falls off and it can't be used.
I don't want to return the item, I just want the bolts sending, but there seems to be no option for this on Amazon!

Emjoi AP-9L Epi Slim Travel Compact Epilator
Emjoi AP-9L Epi Slim Travel Compact Epilator
Offered by Smith & Co

5.0 out of 5 stars The answer at last!, 16 May 2012
I have tried everything to get rid of my embarrassing 'tache. Creams and lotions did not work, I thought I had found the answer in a SilkyMit. However, it just made the hair coarse and after a while, I was using it everyday which was really bad for my temperamental skin. I bought this after reading some reviews on epilation and thought it was worth a try. I never write reviews but I thought it might be helpful to anyone who was as desperate and upset as I was. It gets rid of even the shortest and most stubborn hairs. The hairs have got finer and I use it every couple of days. As for the pain, I am hopeful that it is like when start plucking your eyebrows, pain initially but after a while you don't feel it. It is uncomfortable, but brace yourself and it is worth it.

Anna Karenina (Wordsworth Classics)
Anna Karenina (Wordsworth Classics)
by Leo Tolstoy

4.0 out of 5 stars A true Russian Classic!, 7 May 2011
I fell in love with Levin. Anna, on the other hand, less so. The characters, lovable or not, are all brilliantly described. You get a real feel for life in Russia at the time. In fact, Anna was the part of the novel that I least enjoyed and can't say that I was too upset by the ending! This was the first Russian classic that I attempted and was initially daunted by the length. It opened a whole new world of literature for me.

The Idiot (Wordsworth Classics)
The Idiot (Wordsworth Classics)
by Fyodor Dostoevsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 7 May 2011
A beautiful book, which is engaging and unravels the human character. It will make you look at certain issues in another way. A long read but it does not drag!

Crime and Punishment: With selected excerpts from the Notebooks for Crime and Punishment (Wordsworth Classics)
by Fyodor Dostoevsky

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, horse lovers - be aware!, 7 May 2011
I have to say I did find this a hard read. But it was worth it. However, I would not recommend it as the first Dostoevsky novel, start with The Idiot. It is gripping, at times I could hardly bare to read it (the build up to the murder)but I was in such suspense I had to!

The Trial (Classics of World Literature)
The Trial (Classics of World Literature)
by Franz Kafka

3.0 out of 5 stars A Slow Read!, 7 May 2011
I did enjoy it but I did not find it as engaging as Orwell's 1984. The protagonist, I found was not sympathetic character and therefore I did not really care.

Emma (Wordsworth Classics)
Emma (Wordsworth Classics)
by Jane Austen

2.0 out of 5 stars It is no Pride and Prejudice!, 7 May 2011
I love P&P and S&S but I found this long and dreary and lacking the magic of the other two Austen novels I have read. However, it has not put me off trying other Austen novels.

D-Day Deception: Operation Fortitude and the Normandy Invasion: Operation Fortitude & the Normandy Invasion (Military History) (Stackpole Military History)
by Mary Kathryn Barbier

2.0 out of 5 stars Read with caution., 24 April 2011
It strikes me that Barbier wrote this as so many historians regard FORTITUDE as an overwhelming success and she felt the need to be different. Whilst it makes some valid points, I believe that it is bias and regards FORTITUDE to be a waste of time, which is simply not true.

Page: 1 | 2