Profile for sofoklis19 > Reviews

Content by sofoklis19

sofoklis19

The Political Machine 2008 (PC CD)
The Political Machine 2008 (PC CD)
Offered by games-wizard

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but a little slow, 18 Jan 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
It's a nice game. It really makes you think about what is going behind the political scene. In that sense it can be quite entertaining too. For my taste the game play was a little slow but I give it a thumbs up for its originality.

Orchard Toys Great Britain & Ireland Map Puzzle Jigsaw Puzzle (150 Pieces)
Orchard Toys Great Britain & Ireland Map Puzzle Jigsaw Puzzle (150 Pieces)
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 18 Jan 2013
It was great fun 'solving' this jigsaw with my students. They learned many fascinating things about Great Britain and they didn't even feel they were doing a Geography quiz. I strongly recommend it as it is a very sturdy thing and comes along with a huge colourful poster of Ireland and GB with additional information. Great discussion incentive and it is not too difficult for the ages it addresses. Great addition to my classroom games collection! Thank you Orchard!

The Borrowers - Series 1 [DVD]
The Borrowers - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ian Holm

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 17 Jan 2013
I love the borrowers as they bring childhood memories in mind. It's a story full of thrills, horrors and great life messages. I wish there were more children shows like this one so that we could more often submerge alongside kids into the mystery and imagination of good fiction.

Shoebox Zoo - Series 1 [DVD] [2004]
Shoebox Zoo - Series 1 [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Alan Cumming
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling!, 17 Jan 2013
A most engaging and thrilling series. I absolutely loved the plot and was literally hooked on the screen till season one was over. Now I can't wait for the second season. Go shoebox!

Caption It Card Game
Caption It Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Caption It Card Game (Toy)
I bought this game for my ESL classes. It can be used in many educational ways. It can add fun to any language lesson by using its flashcards one by one just to make a funny diversion, or as a full game with more advanced learners. Just loved the idea and it came on time too. thanks.

Orchard Toys What a Performance!
Orchard Toys What a Performance!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game but.., 12 Dec 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my ESL learners. I would have preferred less songs for the 'make a sound' cards. Many of the songs are well-known nursery rhymes but some choices weren't that successful or educationally correct. The cards are not very durable either. And neither is the magic decoder. Which means that you need to monitor the game's use with younger learners. However, the forfeit idea will motivate even the more introvert players and in general I think ESL learners can have fun with this game if you take the time to modify it a bit to your needs and stick to small groups of children. You can totally avoid too much competition too. Which helps build a stress-free environment.

BrainBox - ABC
BrainBox - ABC

5.0 out of 5 stars Super durable, 12 Dec 2011
My students loved this game. The cards can endure serious use by reckless kids and the images are colourful and engaging. It works great for my ESL classes to spend a few minutes of educational diversion. :)

Making Words Snap
Making Words Snap

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better., 12 Dec 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Making Words Snap (Toy)
I bought this for my ESL students but the cards are super small and not made to withstand kid action. It also seems to be a difficult game for beginning learners of English, so it was a failure for my specific needs though I must admit it could succeed with native speakers. sorry to have spent money on it, though.