Profile for Johnhturner > Reviews

Content by Johnhturner

Johnhturner (Sotfold, Hitchin, Herts. SG5 4QE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hope Of Deliverance
Hope Of Deliverance

4.0 out of 5 stars Hope of deliverance, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: Hope Of Deliverance (MP3 Download)
This is an old track, and should be approached with that in mind.

A Perfect Day Photo Wallpaper Wall Mural
A Perfect Day Photo Wallpaper Wall Mural
Offered by WallStickerWarehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect Day in Paradise, what a lovely idea this is!, 25 Aug 2014
My decorator friend, who has had plenty of experience hanging all types of paper, and enjoys doing murals, discussed with me how I wanted the picture to fit my wall. We decided for my room, that it would probably be best to start in the middle. (This may sound mad but we are trying to hang paper over doors) the picture has been taken in such a way that the floor in the picture is the floor in my room (which helps a bit! :-) But only if you hang it right!
We did not use the paste sent with the paper, as this was an unknown quantity, we preferred to use the ready mixed paste that my man had brought with him. (This proved to be a successful idea) between us we agreed to try pasting the paper over the skirting board. This allowed the paper to touch the floor and hence the picture. By looking closely at the composition of the picture, we decided to lose content on the right of the picture, cutting into the corner. This meant that the "drops" fell in manageable areas. (It also turned out quite handy for the scrap offcuts were usable over the cupboard.)
This product arrived safely, tightly packed in a cardboard tube.
Having fought my way into the tube, one finds a very lightweight paper tightly rolled. On examination we found that the drops are split in half horizontally.
After a moment of consternation, we managed to lay the paper out and work out a starting point as described above.
Some paste is provided in a bag, along with a very sharp knife. As mentioned we use neither. I was then thrown out of the room to allow my man to work. Imagine my delight, when two hours later, I am invited to inspect :-)
I have tried to take pictures to illustrate how we worked both with the doors and the drops.
I am delighted with the effect and enjoy waking up to the scene.
I am now considering using a forest scene in my lounge :-)
I have no criticism of the product whatsoever, I would say that the job of hanging it is one for somebody with experience, definitely not a beginners job! I cannot comment on the paste supplied as we didn't use it. That was our decision, and in my opinion a good one, as one works best with the tools one knows.

poster picture clip frame 24 x 18" 457 x 610mm
poster picture clip frame 24 x 18" 457 x 610mm
Offered by corner clip frames

5.0 out of 5 stars When these turned up I was very pleased to see them., 15 Jun 2014
The frames were neatly and safely packed And once undone were easily used And is provided a very convenient way of displaying my pictures stop

Frames By Post 24 x 18-inch Picture Photo Frame, Black
Frames By Post 24 x 18-inch Picture Photo Frame, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars These frames were eagerly awaited to get my poor ignored pictures on the wall, 15 Jun 2014
well-designed well-made easy to use and very satisfactorya good online purchase and am looking forward to getting some mo. W

Frame Company 18 x 12-inch Wooden Picture Photo Frames, Black
Frame Company 18 x 12-inch Wooden Picture Photo Frames, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Need attractive frames, 15 Jun 2014
very neat and easy to use frames well wrapped and securely housing my pictures after a very short delay the pictures were housed and hung.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have read all the advertising and recommendations in the advertising believe it it is true!, 15 Jun 2014
I bought mine with a leather cover it is so much better than the original I hesitate to mention them in the same paragraph.
If there is going to be the slightest opportunity of me getting a read then the Kindle comes with me.
I don't have to worry about having a "book or two with me as I keep a few on file, and Wi-Fi is easy to connect to so I can spend a happy hour selecting and downloading some new books. Which is enjoyable in itself!
The illumination of text is very subtle, this means that one tends to become aware that it is dark and one is still reading!
Yes the battery does last a long time, so much so that I can forget the power lead.
This is a much appreciated much loved gift from my daughters, go girls :-)

The Orlando File : A page-turning Mystery & Detective Medical Thriller (Omnibus Version-Book 1 & Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A cleverly written book about a possible future. A very good read, 15 Jun 2014
as you can probably imagine, based on the illustrations On the cover of the book This Is a "what if" about developments in the study and use of the human Genome.
This is a whodunnit Requiring Some appreciation of the human genome And how it could be abused stop
the characters and their attitudes and subsequent connections seem to be very believable. An absorbing book.

Plantronics C65 cordless DECT headset
Plantronics C65 cordless DECT headset

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a clever device and can replace one or more DECT extensions giving you a headset telephone!, 15 Jun 2014
This is a clever and very neat device which I discovered I had no use for and sent it back.
The suppliers were helpfulness itself and helped me get it back to them.

Plantronics USB Desktop Charging Stand for Voyager Legend
Plantronics USB Desktop Charging Stand for Voyager Legend
Offered by laZook

5.0 out of 5 stars A very neat and robust desktop headset charger - if you are not buying a legend headset at full price!, 14 Jun 2014
This is a very neat little unit and is totally unnecessary if you have bought the headset.
If you are buying the headset, it comes with one of the desk chargers, a charger with flying lead to connect directly to the headset, three different sizes ear buds, a carry case, With internal battery, to charge up your headset whilst stored in your pocket.
And instructions.

HooToo® HT-UH009 Premium USB 3.0 10-Port Hub with Built-in Current Protection, 12V 4A Smart Power Adapter, [VIA VL812 Chipset] and 3.3 feet USB 3.0 Cable Included
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Run out of USB's? Try this baby it is brilliant :-), 14 Jun 2014
until everything is designed to connect via Bluetooth, We will always have a dearth of USB ports!
and in that regrettable situation, We will need delightful products like this one.
One receives a very neat box of USB plug holes! Leads to plug in the power and into the computer, and Bob's your uncle and Charlie is your Aunt you now have 10 more USB ports, each one capable of delivering 900 mA.
Sorry to disappoint but that is it!
Simplicity and neatness itself.
A very pleasing product to have and to use stop

Page: 1 | 2 | 3