Profile for Johnhturner > Reviews

Content by Johnhturner

Johnhturner (Sotfold, Hitchin, Herts. SG5 4QE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The End of the World Running Club
The End of the World Running Club

5.0 out of 5 stars UK disaster, 24 Jun. 2015
A very interesting well described disaster movie in the making. The characterisations were well written the pictures described the destruction of the comments as well as anybody could. The potential are ideologically driven survival communities caused a lot of discomfort as they seem so real. Very good breed of while recommend this book.

iTALKonline Apple iPhone 6 Plus 5.5 inch (5.5") 2014 Black PREMIUM PU Leather Horizontal Executive Side Pouch Case Cover Holster with Belt Loop Clip and Magnetic Closure
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple iPhone 6+5.5 inch waist band or belt pouch, 9 April 2015
I would thoroughly recommend this product. The smooth leather is particularly pleasing and the design is good as it works very well allowing the phone to be ejected by pushing it out from the bottom, and we all know how that feels! :-)
The smooth leather is very neatly and securely stitched with no stray ends and looks very well made. The belt clip is very firm and works well as a clip for the trouser waistband. Extra security is provided by a belt loop ensuring that if you lose your phone you lose your trousers also.
I would thoroughly recommend this product at the purchase price it was very good value for such a nicely made item.
I would definitely consider purchasing from this purveyor of leather goods again, especially if I needed a well made telephone belt pouch.
Product arrived in secure packaging completely unharmed and ready to use.

Equal Rites: (Discworld Novel 3) (Discworld series)
Equal Rites: (Discworld Novel 3) (Discworld series)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you wish to find a science fantasy, well written and carefully thought out which explores all aspects of life then look no fu, 13 Mar. 2015
I had heard about the disc World Series by Terry Pratchett but had never read it. When I decided to read it, imagine my delight to find there are 24 or 25 novels to read! So yes I did, I took the first novel and started to read, to become familiar with the physics of the disc world and to start to understand what might be happening and why. Mr Pratchett created for himself a world, with its own physics with the forces of magic being high on the list. Having described the world, the disc world, pretty thoroughly in the first two books I found myself enjoying this science fantasy as Mr Pratchett's skills opened up and revealed themselves in his writing style. I am on book four and reading about the being called death and his apprentice, the book's progress is interesting as you may imagine. Equal rites is a very pleasant little story about wizards and witches and a woman trying to grow up and develop as a wizard in the "masculine by tradition" Wizard world. Because I have read the earlier books, it is interesting to follow this argument in the disc world. The book covers the process up to puberty roughly and stops there. I have no doubt that the female wizard will appear in a later book. I quite liked her so I will look forward to that.
The themes of the book are quite robust and do give the impression that they will last throughout the series of books, I am looking forward to the development of the different issues Mr Pratchett explores.

The Thought Pushers (Mind Dimensions Book 2)
The Thought Pushers (Mind Dimensions Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Did I just think that? What did you just think that for me?, 31 Jan. 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, the characters seem to be three-dimensional, the science seems to have been thought through very well and the Descriptions of the mind contact seem plausible which allows the whole construct of the stories to work very well.
The concept of mind strength being dependent on nature I think is a reasonable one and likely to be true as in so many other aspects of our lives.
I am looking forward to the next book and would recommend the series highly.

1Wall Stunning Green Forest Green Trees And Sunrise Wallpaper Wall Mural
1Wall Stunning Green Forest Green Trees And Sunrise Wallpaper Wall Mural
Offered by Allwallpapers

5.0 out of 5 stars Picnic anyone, 26 Jan. 2015
This product gives a very good effect very quickly. Simple to put up as long as you are careful.
I did want to put it on the back of the door for a 100% perfect wall picture. Unfortunately we ran out of paper. My decorator didn't advise it as well (sulk).
If you can find a download of birdsong and wind in the trees you will probably have the basis of an outside experience inside :-)
a good product I enjoy daily and it is well recommended, if you don't like it just take it down!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Non-woven !! Top !! Photo wallpaper ! Murals ! Wall Mural Photo ! 350x245 cm - naturee 10110903-18 ! Free glue for each wallpaper !
Offered by OBRAZON

5.0 out of 5 stars My home with murals., 26 Jan. 2015
This was pasted up in three quarters of an hour my decorator friend loves it. We were both impressed by the way it looked and by the way it actually fits the end of my lounge. Having the pieces numbered, including each drop is numbered, is a great idea for the beginner.
I have three murals now and am very pleased with them. I will try and include all pictures with all murals for your comparison purposes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

AMP Messenger
AMP Messenger

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
An absorbing and well-written science romp

Avogadro Corp: The Singularity Is Closer Than It Appears (Singularity Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Jan. 2015
This is the beginning of a very good story

Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White
Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White
Offered by diezahnbuerste

5.0 out of 5 stars High-frequency tooth cleaning made easy, 25 Jan. 2015
This toothbrush works very well the squeaky clean teeth are never far away with the Philips latest diamond clean product.
I like the tooth glass charger base. The top-quality protective case for travelling is very good
I am sorry I try to get excited over an electric toothbrush toothbrush but it is defeating me, a good product works well and is highly recommended by me

Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Electric Shaver with Cleaning Centre
Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Electric Shaver with Cleaning Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a Braun shaver that does everything one feels a shaver should (not least leaving my face in place), 25 Jan. 2015
I treated myself to my first £200 shaver with this Braun series 7 I read many reviews and was suitably impressed by what the shaver does for one.
This is roughly 6 months on I am very pleased with the shaver I have recently bought a pack of eight refills for the maintenance station I have also decided not to ever take the cutter block and foil apart until they need replacing which I will leave as long as possible (probably more than the period they recommend-tight or what? :-)
Now I have my refill cleaning packs I will probably run it a little more often than I usually do so as to try and keep it more clean.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5