Profile for Harmony > Reviews

Originales: 20 Exitos
Originales: 20 Exitos
Price: 17.79

5.0 out of 5 stars More salsa therapy, 9 May 2009
This review is from: Originales: 20 Exitos (Audio CD)
A double helping of Willy Chirino.Like having a double helping of your favourite chocolate dessert.A melt in your mouth treat.

What could be better!

Willy has a unique and individual style that sets him apart from other artists.

In life there are many types of therapy- laughter therapy, shopping therapy but salsa therapy's the one for me.

I have played the romantic track Rumbera countless times reliving the days when I would dance the night away in my red dress and red suede shoes at the Havana.A moment in time I wish I could capture and freexe frame for ever.

Thank you Mr. Chirino

Oro Salsero: 10 Exitos 2
Oro Salsero: 10 Exitos 2
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 9.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Salsa therapy, 9 May 2009
I bought this CD to cheer me up after I had split from my ex.

It's a timeless mix of songs that contrast nicely both in mood and pace.'Just The Two Of Us' was my favourite.Rather ironic as it was 'Just The One Of Me'

Still,the uplifting and tantalising tracks of Willy Chirino had me up on the floor with a smile on my face.

I may be biased but I think Willy's all time classic song Rumbera should be on EVERY one of his records.(It's not on this one)

And when next I go to Spain the music of Willy Chirino will be my companion- guaranteed not to let me down!

Death Walks Behind You - Expanded Edition
Death Walks Behind You - Expanded Edition
Price: 11.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Stepping Back In Time Or Still in Present Day, 12 Jun 2005
I cannot begin to explain the effect that hearing this felt like.Going back 30 years in time to my mis-spent youth but somehow still being very much in the present day.It blew my mind away and the cobwebs too.
I lost my vinyl- still had the sleeve.In my subconscious, I needed to hear it again so the memories would come flooding back.
Driving along with my impressionable 16 year old son, playing Atomic Rooster was unbelievable. How would he respond to it, I tentatively wondered? With disdain perhaps?
Thankfully not. He really enjoyed it and compared it to Maroon 5.He asked me to play it again.What better accolade could you get from the youth of today........
How come the re release in 2004?- chance or something more than a coincidence?
Favourite track- I love them all but love the build up to 'Sleeping For Years'
Go on, treat yourself to this gem of rock history.

Wondrous Oblivion [DVD] [2004]
Wondrous Oblivion [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Sam Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Cricket Lovely Cricket, 7 Nov 2004
Picture a young boy,David, from a Jewish immigrant family, who loves cricket. He dresses the part but he can't play it.
Then imagine a Jamaican family moving in next door who (you guessed it) pretty much live for cricket.
This film is an explosive mix of passion both about the sport itself but also about the blossoming of domesticated Ruth Wiseman (David's mother)
( Quote'' Nobody taught me how to be a woman'')
Wondrous Oblivion is also about the power of friendship and depicts David's rite of passage.
The film manages to successfully blend the stark elements of racism of 60's London with the growing bond, that knows no boundaries, that is established between the Wisemans and the Samuels.
For me, the intoxicating music and dance scenes had me spellbound- Rudy, A Message To You, Sugar Dandy and I Want To Be Free to name but a few of the classics featured.
The melodies bonded the film together to make it a moving masterpiece, all credit to Paul Morrison, the director.
By the way, never had I realised just how sensuous mopping a floor up could be (to know what I mean, you will have to see the film.....)
Wondrous Oblivion would suit all ages (you do not even have to remotely like cricket to love this film to bits.)
Just one last point. Why was this film never on general release in the UK? It deserves to take pride of place among the All Time Top Ten Greats.

Songs About Jane
Songs About Jane
Offered by filmrollen
Price: 2.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 May 2004
This review is from: Songs About Jane (Audio CD)
After hearing Harder to Breath and This love i decided to go uot and buy this album.
Since then This album has been in my Cd player constantly
The blend of RnB and rock create songs that really stand out and offer a wide range of sytles.
The lead singers voice is great and there are no filler songs in this album at all. A great buy overall!!!!
The songs range from rock (this love) to more Jazz and RnB such as 'Sunday morning'
Best Songs: Harder to Breath,This love, Sunday morning, Secret