Profile for kcphoto > Reviews

kcphoto (Ireland)

Ashton D25 Acoustic Guitar Pack - Black
Ashton D25 Acoustic Guitar Pack - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 15 Feb. 2014
Excellent starter kit and very good value for the price. Built in tuner is great too.Overall very pleased with this as someone who was returning to playing guitar after some years away from it.

Storage Options 54585 Scroll Excel 7-inch Android 4.0 ICS Capacitive Touch Screen Tablet

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality control, 10 May 2012
Firstly, this review is no reflection on Amazon's great service but on the product itself.
I ordered this product from Amazon in April 2012 and it arrived promptly as usual. Unfortunately the screen had a fault (a constant pink line all across the screen) and so I returned it. It's the first time I have had to use Amazon's return process and it was hassle-free and my purchase was refunded.
I ordered the newer version of the device (upgraded spec and Android 4.0) from another online provider and found it had a faulty SD card slot - as diagnosed by Storage Options support, who suggested returning it.
It's disappointing as I thought this was a great product for the price but I don't think I will take a chance on ordering one again.
My advice, if you do order one, is to test all the ports as soon as you receive it.
Personally I would be prepared to spend more for a better build quality and quality control after receiving 2 devices that were faulty out-of-the-box.

Epson Perfection V300 Photo Scanner (4800 dpi,USB 2.0)
Epson Perfection V300 Photo Scanner (4800 dpi,USB 2.0)

4.0 out of 5 stars simple scanner, 4 Nov. 2010
Scanner setup was easy , speed and quality is as expected at this price range but is reasonably quick and absolutely fine , if like me you just scan a few sheets of A4. Haven't tried the slide or film scanner yet.

Fallen Angel: The Passion of Fausto Coppi (Yellow Jersey Cycling Classics)
Fallen Angel: The Passion of Fausto Coppi (Yellow Jersey Cycling Classics)
by William Fotheringham

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing story, 7 Sept. 2010
I came to this book as a cycling fan but with very little knowledge of Coppi. It is a great story if you have an interest in cycling but I think there should be enough here for non-cycling fans also, as it is brilliantly researched and written as I would expect. ( I have read this author's Tom Simpson book and it is excellent also).
The social history in this book , the rural poverty of Italy , the war years and its impact on Italy and Europe are intriguing backdrops to this story but it is the rise and "fall" of a hero at the hands of the church and media and social morals of the time that really make this a great read.

Man on Wire [DVD] [2008]
Man on Wire [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Ardis Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 7 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Man on Wire [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I found this to be an intriguing documentary. In fact the amazing story and the great characters make the whole saga seem like a work of fiction. It is an inspirational story and quite an antidote to the constant health and safety and security era we live in today. It's also about a man following and achieving his dream - what's not to like.

The Full English: Pedalling Through England, Mid-life Crisis and Truly Rampant Man-flu
by Mike Carden

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 9 Jan. 2010
I have read quite a few cycling travel books but this was, for me, the least interesting one. There was very little by way of adventure or insight, very few interesting or humorous observations and it had nothing very original to offer.
I liked the effort to combine the history of England and the towns with the trip which may have worked well if the writing was more entertaining.I was totally put off by the annoying trick of giving his bike a name and having two-way (yes, two-way) conversations with it en-route.In my opinion, there are better cycling/travel books out there.