Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Michael Sargent > Reviews

Content by Michael Sargent

Michael Sargent "psychmike2000" (Berkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Summerchill (Gunnhildur Mystery)
Summerchill (Gunnhildur Mystery)

2.0 out of 5 stars It was OK but not very interesting, 18 Dec. 2015
This was my first of this series and I bought it as I am interested in Iceland. The problem I had with it is that we follow the action at all times and there is little or no mystery.

Even Dogs in the Wild: The New John Rebus (Inspector Rebus Book 20)
Even Dogs in the Wild: The New John Rebus (Inspector Rebus Book 20)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just when he thought he was out...., 12 Nov. 2015
...they let John Rebus back in. This features Rebus, Shiv, Fox and Big Ger, yes the gang are all here. I enjoyed the book very much, well plotted, not too convoluted, no outrageous coincidences, a fair amount of action, all in all a very satisfying read. Another winner from Ian Rankin.

The Crossing (Harry Bosch Book 20)
The Crossing (Harry Bosch Book 20)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another fine Bosch book, 26 Oct. 2015
I'm more of a Bosch fan than I am of Micky Haller. In this book Bosch is the main character which suited me just fine. There are no great surprises in the story; the bad guys are revealed to us on page 1, but although it isn't particularly gripping or suspenseful it has kept me well entertained for the last few days. PS The jazz songs Harry plays are on Spotify, so you can listen to them whilst reading the book for added atmosphere.

Archangel
Archangel

4.0 out of 5 stars Well up to his usual high standard., 5 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Archangel (Kindle Edition)
Another excellent story of one man let down by the establishment. Not unlike others I've read by the author, but he does it very well.

Storytone
Storytone
Offered by SEDIVA UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Approach with caution., 5 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Storytone (Audio CD)
Neil seems keen to record and release every song that comes into his head. Here's a bunch of them. A bit of quality control might have been a good idea. I only paid under £2 for it, but still feel slightly ripped off. It is a long way from After The Goldrush or even Harvest Moon.

The Bone Tree (Penn Cage, Book 5)
The Bone Tree (Penn Cage, Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars A tremendous achievement. 5 stars despite reservations!, 29 April 2015
I've just finished it. Having read Natchez Burning, the first in this trilogy when it came out, I bought this one on release too. Trouble is, after however many months it is between the books, I found it hard to pick up where Natchez Burning left us, despite the author's efforts. Certainly don't read it without reading Natchez Burning first. Also, as a UK reader, I'm frankly not that bothered about who killed JFK, so that aspect of the extremely convoluted plot dragged a little. But, having said that, I struggled to put it down and was quite shocked at one of the brave moves the author makes in this book. I do think this book is a tremendous achievement and will have no hesitation in buying the last of the trilogy. And despite my reservations, I still think it worth 5 stars. Otherwise I'd have given it 6.

K&F Concept® Lens Mount Adapter, Olympus OM Lens to Fujifilm X-Pro1 Mirrorless Camera
Offered by dcmall

3.0 out of 5 stars it works up to a point..., 2 April 2015
Had hoped to be able to use my Zuiko mount 17mm lens, but once mounted because of the converter the focal length was lengthened to be within the range of the zoom my fujifilm xm1 came with. It is ok for longer lenses and it sturdy and good value in that respect.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite impressed, 25 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
It was easy to install and is easy to use. They have recently made it more obvious which programmes are free and which you have to pay for, which had been confusing. I wouldn't say it is an essential buy, but it beats watching TV on the laptop.

The Morning Lasted All Day
The Morning Lasted All Day

5.0 out of 5 stars More please., 22 Nov. 2014
Great value compilation from an under-appreciated band. Includes a few unreleased tracks and one new one. Let's hope there is more to come.

The Burning Room (Harry Bosch Book 19)
The Burning Room (Harry Bosch Book 19)

4.0 out of 5 stars A welcome return., 22 Nov. 2014
A welcome return for an ageing Harry with a trigger happy young partner. There's not a lot of action, but it moves along briskly enough, before a somewhat surprising ending. Not the greatest Bosch book, but I certainly enjoyed it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4