Profile for Catherine > Reviews

Content by Catherine

Catherine (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
New Womens Pink Italian Palazzo Trousers Baggy Pants Loose Fitting Wide Leg Lined Sugar Crisp Ladies Fashion 12
Offered by Sugar Crisp (Vijay Fashion Ltd)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful palazzo trousers, 23 July 2014
Up until this purchase, I had never heard of palazzo trousers before. I can not really fault this garment at all, but there are a few pointers to note. The colour does seem paler than pictured (no problem for me). It fits perfectly, I purchased a size 12 because the description stated loose. Well they are loose and comfortable. Do note though that I am only just over five feet, and I think they may be too short for a taller person, they are a perfect fit for me. The waist band is comfortable, fits snuggly, not too tight, not too loose. The material is very nice and feels cool on even though they are lined. Another nice bonus feature for me is that I think the material type means they don't have to be ironed. Great purchase, excellent seller and service.

Rosewood Lane
Rosewood Lane
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly very good, 18 Jun 2014
I just love horror thrillers like this and this one didn't disappoint. The only reason why I gave only four stars and not five is because the end was a bit cliché. I don't know why they persist in doing this. The acting was reasonably good and the paperboy really nasty and I love his black eyes. Not over the top like some films tend to be, just enough bloodshed. I watched this on prime time and the quality of the film was good until the latter part of the film were it became slow. I think it is worth a watch, there are a number of films similar to this theme and this one is one of the best.

A Tale of Two Sisters
A Tale of Two Sisters
Price: 2.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Could've been better, 27 May 2014
Started off very well, but became too confusing with far too many twists and turns so that you didn't know what was going on. The cover of the film isn't a true representation, so don't be misled by that. The ending was okay, but it turned out not very original and this was a shame because it had potential to be a very good film. Worth a watch.

Shelter
Shelter
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a good film, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Shelter (Amazon Instant Video)
If you can get past the bad acting and sometimes poor script, you will like this film. What would you do if you had a shelter to accommodate ten people during a catastrophe? We're not told what the catastrophe is, our only attention is drawn to the people in the shelter and how they are selected. There are flaws in the plot, but if the hatch is closed immediately after the ten are selected, there would be no story. The performances of the actors does get better whilst we move further into the film and we become well acquainted with them and can feel their apprehension. I would've preferred a better ending that gave an insight into what had occurred to cause the shelter to be built. This film is much better than lots of B movies out there. I say give it a chance.

the After - Season 1
the After - Season 1

5.0 out of 5 stars More please!, 29 April 2014
Brilliant pilot, really well done. I always love the plot of being trapped in a lift and discovering something truly menacing is going on. Loved the characters and the chaos they found themselves in. Good ending, but surely there must be more to follow? Please, I am already hooked!

Kyle XY - Season 1
Kyle XY - Season 1
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely breathtaking!, 26 April 2014
This is by far the most superior season of the whole series. It wasn't trying to be too complicated. It was mysterious and captivating. Matt Dallas plays Kyle beautifully, sensitively portrayed. Not to mention the fact that he is absolutely gorgeous and that smile of his is to die for. I loved the idea of his innocence and how even his desire to Amanda is so pure. The Trager family are perhaps the best fictional family I have ever witnessed. This first season is spellbinding. As it goes on into further seasons, it starts to lose its way a little by being too complicated and an annoying additional character.

Watched this on prime time. Highly recommended. Definitely on my purchase list.

Kyle XY Season 4
Kyle XY Season 4

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 April 2014
Okay I would've given it a complete 5 star and it was worth it, except for one thing. I really did not like the addition of Jessie in this series. She was distracting and ruined the beautiful, innocent relationship between Kyle and Amanda. I liked the chemistry between these two characters: Kyle being strong and compassionate whilst still retaining that innocence, and Amanda talented and beautiful and the weak damsel in distress. By bringing Jessie into the series, it complicated matters not only for her being the "other" woman in Kyle's life, but more importantly the show was no longer dominated by the brilliant Kyle. He wasn't the "only" one. It sounds like there was an episode 10 missing which might've rounded things off better. This was a series that needed another season but there was a danger that it was becoming overly complicated and too many additional characters being brought into it. It was best when it was just the family and Declan and Amanda. Overall a great series, highly imaginative and original.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2014 6:13 PM BST

Collector's Guide to British Dolls Since 1920
Collector's Guide to British Dolls Since 1920
by Colette Mansell

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 April 2014
I purchased this book hoping to locate some of my childhood dolls.

However I found it didn't really help. It's not really that well presented, the layout is poor and it covers far too many eras.

I really wanted to focus on the 1960s and 1970s dolls and there just wasn't enough coverage of this.

SEASON 3
SEASON 3
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 11.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series, 25 April 2014
This review is from: SEASON 3 (DVD)
I have just finished watching this on Prime time. I absolutely loved this series, so moving and so refreshing when experiencing the innocence and beauty that is Kyle. Truly one of the best series I have seen. Why four stars and not five? Well I did not like the introduction of Jessie. I preferred it that Kyle was on his own and just found Jessie an annoying addition. She came between Kyle and Amanda, a relationship that was truly wondrous. I was hoping they would round off this series by at least implying that Kyle and Jessie were related, like brother and sister. I watched Season 4 on prime time and of course there was no true ending. This series could have gone on for another season at least. I would've liked to have witnessed a conclusion and hopefully see Amanda and Kyle together again, perhaps marry. I know there are fans of Jessie on here, but this is my opinion and I am sure that the series would've been better without her in it. This series was about Kyle - and no Jessie did not "own" the third season or "fourth" season at all. The entire series belonged to the wonderful Matt Dallas who portrayed Kyle as if it was written especially for him.

I think it was starting to get a little too complicated towards the last season and this was why Jessie should never have been brought in. Fans of Jessie should also remember that Kyle had already stated that Amanda was the only one for him. Also Jessie was infatuated with Declan when she was brought into the show, it was only when she was "fixed" that she started to focus on Kyle.

A magnificent series spoilt by the presence of an unnecessary character who tried and failed to dominate an otherwise perfect show.

Would You Rather [DVD] [2013] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Would You Rather [DVD] [2013] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Jeffrey Combs
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 11.33

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, 10 Feb 2014
I felt the plot was a good idea, but suspect that most people given such an offer would be cautious. Iris's brother needs a bone transplant, but she hasn't got the money to help him. So she takes up the offer of a stranger to try and win a competition. Some of it was just to hard to swallow, pardon the pun, but a vegetarian starting to eat meat like that without puking...no way, sorry. The ending was disappointing, and made the whole idea pointless. The first hour of the film is very good though because you don't know what to expect, but then as it goes on, it just fails to deliver. Worth a watch, but not one to add to a collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4