Profile for Catherine > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
100 Feet
100 Feet

4.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing, violent ghost story., 12 April 2016
This review is from: 100 Feet (Amazon Video)
An excellent ghost story at times very violent and disturbing. There was one particularly horrific scene that is especially disturbing and rather stomach churning. I prefer horror films like this, so much better than the usual horror films that are so often churned out e.g. Hostel and Saw. So many women (and even men) are victims of domestic violence and for them it is horrific; but what could be worse? Well this film shows you what could be worse by showing the victim being abused by the ghost of her dead husband. It certainly left me with an unsettling feeling and four stars instead of five because (SPOILER)

of what happens to a certain someone in the film who through no fault of their own gets mixed up in this awful mess.

Extant Season 2
Extant Season 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series - shame about Amazon!, 6 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Extant Season 2 (Amazon Video)
Brilliant series - nothing wrong at all with it. But the one star is because this series was pulled when I was about to start watching the fifth episode. What is all this about? Not happy at all. Not enough good programmes or films to continue the renewal of this - and certainly not in a rush to do so now that you have taken off the best viewing you have on here. You will lose customers because of this. Bad Amazon. Bad.

Bedlam
Bedlam

3.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing viewing, 10 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Bedlam (Amazon Video)
Very disturbing viewing where the sick are treated far worse than any murderer. Always read the small print before signing anything! Expect no happy endings here. A powerful film, well acted. Graphic images of torture and violence upon sick and vulnerable people.

Joshua
Joshua
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant film. Surprised that it is being compared to ..., 27 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Joshua (Amazon Video)
Brilliant film. Surprised that it is being compared to "The Orphan," because it is nothing like that film. It's not a typical film about a boy being jealous of his baby sister, it has much more depth to it than that. I felt the film had a surprise ending and it summed up everything perfectly.

Contracted [DVD]
Contracted [DVD]
Dvd ~ Najarra Townsend

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique zombie film, 2 July 2015
This review is from: Contracted [DVD] (DVD)
Much better than the other film similar to this "Thanatamorphse" (sorry that is probably the wrong spelllng). Which was an altogether disgusting film, lacking script or sense. This on the other hand is another kettle of fish. More intelligently put together, not over the top, enjoyable and the special effects are good also. The cause of the "illness" isn't explained, but then that is typical of a lot of films. A good horror film with a good cast and acting. It was believable. Not your typical horror film, but then I do get tired of the usual slasher type horrors. It is well worth watching.

Grindstone Road
Grindstone Road

5.0 out of 5 stars Good film, 18 April 2015
This review is from: Grindstone Road (Amazon Video)
This is not really a horror film, but it is good nevertheless. For once we have a film that has a happy ending, a good ghost story and although it was a bit predictable towards the end, a very satisfying watch. Definitely worth watching, and I have just watched it the second time around, and found I liked it even more. I don't want to give anything away to spoil someone's viewing but it does have a "feel good sensation" about it. A good supernatural story. It's one of the rare viewing occasions when we get a movie like this that contains a good conclusion and doesn't rely on gore.

Pompeii
Pompeii

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant epic!, 6 April 2015
This review is from: Pompeii (Amazon Video)
Brilliant epic! I found this film totally mesmerising, one of the very best disaster movies. Could find no fault with it myself. Keifer Sutherland is a good baddie in this film and I love his different accent. Great love story between Cassia and the slave Milo, and it is captured in time as we see them at the end locked in embrace. The fighting is brutal and portrays bravery and cowardice perfectly. It's an exciting film, and wasn't expecting it to be so good. Atticus, the character and the actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje who plays him is on top form. He's one of my favourite actors in fact, but until now I haven't known his name. I think the whole production team ought to be congratulated. Special effects were amazing.

Dark Floors
Dark Floors

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Lordi and their make-up is incredible, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Dark Floors (Amazon Video)
I saw this film for the second time on Amazon Prime. I love Lordi and their make-up is incredible. The storyline is perfect, an autistic little girl who it appears the baddies want very much. Good special effects and enough to satisfy horror films. I would say it is one of the best horror films around because it has all the right ingredients. Good overcoming evil, the sentimental addition of the child and a father's love for that child. I think it's worthwhile watching the second time, because I didn't quite "get it" the first time around. I found it far more enjoyable watching it again and it made sense. I loved the ending "Sarah, I don't feel cold anymore."

Detour
Detour
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad film, some parts of it a bit predictable ..., 27 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Detour (Amazon Video)
Not a bad film, some parts of it a bit predictable but I have seen far worse. One of the better movies on Prime and definitely worth one watch at least. Not really what I was expecting, I wouldn't class it as horror really. The acting is okay and the story. The ending is satisfactory and doesn't leave things in the air, a good conclusion.

LADYCARE DISCREET MEDICAL DEVICE FOR MENOPAUSE
LADYCARE DISCREET MEDICAL DEVICE FOR MENOPAUSE
Offered by STOCKEXPRESS

1.0 out of 5 stars Stomach pains, 1 Oct. 2014
This product does not work, in fact I have been feeling worse using it. Very bad hot flushes and I am having stomach pains as well and feeling sick. I am stopping this now and will see how I cope tomorrow without it. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Too expensive and a gimmick.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5