Profile for silverarrow > Reviews

HTC Micro USB Car Charger for Desire HD/HD7/Trophy 7/Desire Z/Desire
HTC Micro USB Car Charger for Desire HD/HD7/Trophy 7/Desire Z/Desire
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

2.0 out of 5 stars wire could stretch longer, 16 Feb 2013
I bought this to power my HTC One X+ in my car mount iBolt In-Car Charging Dock Kit for HTC One X - Black due to the iBolt not including a power lead in the box. I drive a Ford Focus, so nothing too exotic - the cable struggled to reach from the power socket to the dock which really is not very useful given the main purpose of this product! I ended up buying an Amazon Basics cable AmazonBasics USB Cable 2.0 A-Male to B-Micro 6 Feet / 1.8 m to do the job properly.

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4.0 L IS USM Lens
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4.0 L IS USM Lens
Offered by BOKUTRA

5.0 out of 5 stars great walk around lens, 16 Feb 2013
As my first L series lens, I spent weeks debating between this and the 70-200mm F4L Canon EF 70-200mm F/4.0 L IS USM Lens which I had borrowed for a weekend previously and enjoyed using. The final factor for me was that this is a true walkaround lens from Macro shots to portrait and is fairly compact in its size when compared to the 70-200. I use mine on a 500D, so with the crop factor I have enough flexibility on the focal length to very rarely reach for another lens. The build quality is fantastic, has a great weight to it but not too much to become a chore. The USM is super fast and silent, and the fact that there is a full time manual focus ring without switching the AF off is great, a function i wasn't used too on my 'kit' lenses. Before venturing out for the first time I invested in a HOYA pro 1 filter to protect the glassHoya 77mm Pro1 Digital Protector Filter. The images that result from this lens are great quality, the difference between this and a kit lens is plain to see. Don't hesitate any longer, buy now!

Hoya 77mm Pro1 Digital Protector Filter
Hoya 77mm Pro1 Digital Protector Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the investment, 16 Feb 2013
I bought this filter to mainly protect the glass on my first L series lens (24-105 F4). The filter has a reassuring weight to it, and after reading reviews of less expensive filters i opted for this one to prevent the ghosting of light sources on my photographs. For me my filter wont be coming off my lens, but if you need to remove, the packaging that the filter comes in is good enough to use as a case.

AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories Black
AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 15 Feb 2013
This may not have the prestige of a brand, but at the end of the day its just a bag! I bought mine on a lighting deal, so fantastic value for money. There is plenty of room for my kit - 500D with battery grip+ 24-105, 1100D body, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 55-250mm, 430EX Flashgun & 50mm F/1.8. There is one velcro strap supplied which I use to secure my 500D with the 24-105 F4 lens mounted. Some of the straps feel flimsy but I think this is stronger than it looks reading other reviews. I havn't used it fully loaded up on any long trips yet, but think it will do me well for my needs.

Case-Mate Tough Case for HTC One X - Black
Case-Mate Tough Case for HTC One X - Black
Offered by DeviceFun

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth the money, 15 Feb 2013
Have previously used Case Mate tough on my HTC desire and was very happy with it, so bought this for my One X+. The materials used are good quality, and after a few drops not a scratch to my phone, or the case. Well worth the investment.

iBolt In-Car Charging Dock Kit for HTC One X - Black
iBolt In-Car Charging Dock Kit for HTC One X - Black
Offered by iBOLT Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality phone mount, 15 Feb 2013
was debating whether the extra investment would pay off, but glad i did pay a bit more for this. The plastics used are good quality, the removable part that allows phone cases to be left on is a good design feature. The suction mount works well, I have not had to re mount yet - something I used to have to do a few times a month with a previous cheaper product. In the box is an alcohol wipe to prepare your dash if you want to mount to that which is a nice added bonus. I'm using mine for a HTC One X+ which fits well using with a case mate tough case B007IZ6FAY (also recommended :)) 5 star if a usb cable was provided in the box, bit of a joke really for this price not including it.

Ellie-Bo Indoor Galvanized Rabbit Guinea Pig Enclosure Run with Roof Net, 6 Pieces

4.0 out of 5 stars rabbit tastic, 15 Feb 2013
Bought this for our two rabbits to give them a run about indoors. Plenty big enough for a temporary run, as per quite a few reviews there are no instructions but its straight forward to build - took about 5 mins with two people. The plastic mat that secures to the bars for indoor use is good quality, but our rabbits took an instant shine to eating through it - trick is to give them something else to chew on! Delivery was faster than promised. 5 star if the design could fold shut without dismantling but you cant have it all for this price! Would recommend.

Nikon COOLPIX S9050 Compact Digital Camera - Silver (12.1MP, 15.5x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD
Offered by Direct savings

4.0 out of 5 stars Capable point and shoot with some advanced features as well, 11 Nov 2012
I have been using this camera for a few weeks now; I also have a DSLR but needed something more compact to carry around. After opening the box I was impressed at the feel of this camera, it has a satisfying weight to it, not too heavy but not too light. The buttons are placed intuitively and the dial on top allows quick changes between the main modes. The flash neatly stows away in the top of the camera and pops up at the push of a button when needed. The zoom is quick and easy to operate, with the control switch integrated into the shutter button, and has a great reach with 15.5x.
Some of my favourite features of this camera are the burst mode (can be selected with the main dial) which is very useful when capturing a moving subject. One push of the shutter and the camera automatically fires a burst of 5 shots. There is a special effect mode that shoots selected colours in the frame and renders the rest of the image black and white. I like to use this effect, but with my SLR it requires some image editing in photoshop - with this camera it does it as you take the picture, very cool!
I do not take video that often, but this camera has a very capable video recorder, which can be accessed immediately from shooting stills as there is a physical shortcut button - so no messing about finding the mode in a menu. It records in full 1080p, so when coupled with a HDMI cable (unfortunately not in the box) you can watch your videos in full HD on the TV.
The bundled software has some neat features that allow for easy transfer of images from the camera and has some basic editing functions that you would expect. The most useful but simple tool I have been using is straighten, which allows me to fix horizons in landscape pictures so they are perfectly horizontal. There are also some `in-camera' editing options, which allows you to edit pictures without transferring to a PC first.
All in all, this camera is easy to use out of the box as a point and shoot, but also has some advanced settings to keep a keen photographer amused. It does not have a mode to take full manual control of shutter speed and aperture, but I can use my SLR for this so suits my needs fine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2012 11:08 PM GMT