Profile for A. Kambani > Reviews

Content by A. Kambani

A. Kambani

Page: 1 | 2
The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life (Official UK Edition)
by Timothy Ferriss

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 minutes in early picked up a ton of useful stuff, 20 Nov. 2012
Another excellent book by Tim Ferriss and indeed the one I've been waiting for him to publish! Within minutes of picking this up on my Kindle app this morning I learned a bunch of useful things and will be tweaking my recipes and eating habits to incorporate what I'm learning. Beyond that I'm also diving in to the language learning section so I can master Spanish before my trip next year.

Epson Stylus SX130 Compact All-in-One Printer (Print, Copy and Scan)
Epson Stylus SX130 Compact All-in-One Printer (Print, Copy and Scan)

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of money, 31 Oct. 2012
I always read other bad reviews of this printer and thought - it can't be that bad. I mean Epson is a reputable company and surely they wouldn't create and sell such a junk product. Unfortunately, I'm finding out the hard way. Ink cartridges are expensive and run out instantly. Contacted tech support about the issue and they couldn't care less. The printer is slow, unresponsive and full of ridiculous issues. Something as simple as changing an ink cartridge is a huge challenge. It says there's low ink and I pick up the cartridge (officially bought off Epson for a pretty penny) and can see there's loads of ink in there. Yet, it has in built software that says it can't print unless it is certain it has ink. I can see the ink!!! Ugh never buying Epson again. Nightmare.

The $100 Startup: Fire Your Boss, Do What You Love and Work Better to Live More
The $100 Startup: Fire Your Boss, Do What You Love and Work Better to Live More
by Chris Guillebeau

5.0 out of 5 stars Well rounded advice on getting started, 26 May 2012
Chris has rounded up some of the best advice out there for starting your first business. It's nice to have someone relate these things in to terms that your average Joe can understand and implement. Important topics such as finding a crossover between passion and something people will be willing to pay for are covered and the expansive use of case studies, although brief in their nature, really serves well to illustrate the point and encourage others to do the same through an attitude of "if they can do it, then why can't I?"

Premier Housewares 6-Piece Nylon and Stainless Steel Kitchen Tool Set with Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and much cheaper than what I could find on the high street, 18 Nov. 2011
Can't fault this set of utensils. They seem of a very good quality considering the low price. Have been using for a few days now without issue.

Busch & Müller Ixon IQ Up To 40 Lux LED Front Light
Busch & Müller Ixon IQ Up To 40 Lux LED Front Light
Offered by faguru

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bike light that was perfect for dunwich dynamo night ride, 16 Nov. 2011
I used the B&M light for my nightride that leaves at 10pm and arrives the next day at around 5-6am at Dunwich Dynamo. Riding for 120 miles, I must have used this light for at least 65% of that ride and it lasted perfectly. Illuminated the road ahead, plenty of light, no chance of hitting any potholes etc. Great bike light!

York Fitness Vinyl Kettlebell, Black, 20 kg
York Fitness Vinyl Kettlebell, Black, 20 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for getting workout at home, 4 Aug. 2011
Product comes with a few sample exercises but I'll mainly be using it to do 75 reps three times a week as recommended in the four hour body. Can't fault the Kettlebell. Unfortunately, it did get bashed in transportation making a small dent but this makes little to no difference and I'm mainly impressed that the post man didn't punch me for delivering this heavy thing to my door.

Duragadget Water Resistant Neoprene Sleeve for 13.3 inch Laptops - Black
Duragadget Water Resistant Neoprene Sleeve for 13.3 inch Laptops - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but a little small for my 13.3 inch laptop, 11 Jan. 2011
The item is good quality and completes its job. What I would say is that if you have a 13.3 inch laptop you may want to upgrade to the 14 inch laptop sleeve. But with a push my Sony Vaio fits in there.

Argentina (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Argentina (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
by Danny Palmerlee

5.0 out of 5 stars No better guide out there, 25 May 2010
You really can't get better than the Lonely Planet. It provides an excellent basic level of knowledge about a country so from there you can go on to do your own exploring. It is of course helpful to combine the guide with hostel owners knowledge and tips from fellow travellers as well as your own common sense.

Bicycle Maintenance and Repair (Bicycling Guide to Complete Bicycle Maintenance & Repair for Road & Mountain Bikes)
by Todd Downs

2.0 out of 5 stars Please pick another maintenance book!, 12 Nov. 2009
I have referred to a total of 5 maintenance books throughout learning everything I know about bikes and looking back I can tell you one thing for certain: this was the least helpful.

For a start the black and white pictures are not at all helpful or clear. The instructions lack depth and clarity. It is hard to navigate, you have to shift through different pages to find all the information you want where as it could be organised in one concise section.

The layout of the pages is really outdated and this makes it hard to follow the steps of the repair. I could go on and on with the faults with this book but all I can say is that it is relegated to the back of my bookcase gathering dust.

Books I prefer far more are:
The Bike Book
Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance
Or Mell Allwoods book thought that is only available on Amazon.com

One of the other commenters remarked:
"My Mountain Bike has lasted seven years with careful maintenance but with this book, it will last (hopefully) a further seven years" - to make a frequently used bike last 7 years, let alone 14 years you would need some seriously overhauling of the bike not just "careful maintenance" - good luck using this book to figure that stuff out!

The Student Cookbook (Cookery)
The Student Cookbook (Cookery)
by Hamlyn

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but really lacks in taste, 29 Nov. 2008
This book is a typical student cook book with some good little meals that anyone could follow, you really don't have to be smart to follow the recipes.

But... if you just stick to the basic ingredients that it uses the meals really do not come out that tasty. I have had countless tasteless meals out of this book - if you have a bit more skill in the cooking department I recommend looking further afield and trying some cook books such as Nigella Lawson or just finding the relevant information on the internet - there are hundreds of cooking websites out there.

Page: 1 | 2