Profile for Uldis > Reviews

Uldis

Transcend 8 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card TS8GUSDHC6
Transcend 8 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card TS8GUSDHC6

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast!, 28 July 2010
Class 6... the thing needed for smooth video with the Veho Muvi VCC-03 micro DV camcorder.
Why they don't include this with the camera, but another that won't work?... beats me!

Veho VCC-A001-ESP MUVI Extreme/Action Sports Pack for MUVI or MUVI Pro
Veho VCC-A001-ESP MUVI Extreme/Action Sports Pack for MUVI or MUVI Pro
Offered by Refresh Cartridges

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but ended up using the included clip, 28 July 2010
There's a lot of straps and thingis, but of the two real mounts, one is already included with the camera (so now I have two) and the other one is too "soft" for action sports: the camera moves at the end.
Still, it's very cheap, so for the sake of flexibility I would say go for it.
Who knows? maybe you just needed that little thingy to attach it?

Veho VCC-003 Muvi Micro DV Camcorder
Veho VCC-003 Muvi Micro DV Camcorder
Offered by Decold

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little thing!, 28 July 2010
Read all (ok, most) of the reviews before buying thye camera, and followed the advice of going for a Class 6 memory card, 16GB in my case. No juddery recordings, smooth video always.
I haven't ahd any issue with battery lasting less than the memory but also haven't filled up the memory yet, about 2 hours of recording in multiple clips and it's still fine.
Observations:
- file sizes are huge!
- copying time is slow. This is not a flash drive, which is geared to fast data file transfers. It's geared to fast writing on the memory card, but as for transfer to computer, it's very slow. It's still ok, because it needs to be charged at the same time, so... whatever.
- initially I thought of turning it on, pressing the record button and then turning it off. Big mistake, as it needs the record button pressed again to save the file. In my case I just lost all the recordings for that session. Following sessions went ok because I was careful to press the button to stop.
- I don't know how they do it but it's fairly immune to vibration. Went on a roller coaster in which I had to have my arm out to be able to get a proper angle, and it was a wild ride! Though the video would be useless due to how much my arm was moving about but no, the video came out amazingly well.

It doesn't have any bells and whistles but that's exactly how I want it.
Thinking on buying another one to be able to record front and back at the same time.