Profile for Pete > Reviews

Catholicism
Catholicism
by Robert Barron

5.0 out of 5 stars Catholicism by Robert Barron., 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Catholicism (Hardcover)
I chose this because I had heard that his Video series was good and this is the book from the disks. I found the book easy to read, instructive and provocative. It certainly challenged some of my ideas and made me think. It persuaded me to buy the videos, which I also found excellent. I would recommend it to anyone, Catholic or not, who wants to find out the basis of Catholicism, dispel a few myths and be challenged to develop their ideas (and perhaps their faith).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony CFDS05 Digital CD Radio Cassette Player with Headphone Jack, 27 Feb. 2014
We are very pleased with this unit. We wanted a portable radio and CD player, so the tape cassette is a bonus and we have been able to replay some old favourites on it. The sound is surprisingly good (we didn't expect concert hi-fi) and although the controls take a few minutes to work out, they are in fact very simple and easy. We would recommend this unit.

Ladies Warm Fleece Winter Gloves Thermal Thinsulate Lined & Wrist Strap Black
Ladies Warm Fleece Winter Gloves Thermal Thinsulate Lined & Wrist Strap Black
Offered by M-Trading

3.0 out of 5 stars Ladies warm Thermal Fleece Winter gloves., 27 Feb. 2014
The Gloves came very quickly. They are stylish and warm and for this reason I have given them three stars, not two! Unfortunately the sizing is not in any way a useful guide. I needed what would normally be medium and I ordered large. The gloves which came are stupidly tight. Since they were ordered as a present, they were a disappointing disaster. I would NOT recommend buying these.

Verbatim 43757 DVD+R 8x DL Matt Silver 25 pack
Verbatim 43757 DVD+R 8x DL Matt Silver 25 pack
Offered by ECOTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars Verbatim DVD+R 8x DL - 25 Pack., 27 Feb. 2014
So far, so good! All the disks I've used so far (about 10) have worked exactly as I expected - both record and play-back. They came well within the expected time, well packed and undamaged. I ordered them because a previous order of 10 also performed well - after I learnt how to operate my recorder! If you need 8.5 GB disks, I would recommend these.

Silent multimedia PC! CSL Sprint H5787u (Quad) incl. Windows 7 - computer-system with AMD A8-6600K CPU 4x 3900 MHz, 1000GB SATA, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS Mainboard, Radeon HD 8570D 2 GB - the ultimate media system for pure entertainment
Offered by CSL Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars CSL Sprint H5787 with Windows 7, 27 Feb. 2014
I chose this computer because it had Windows 7 pre-installed and good specification. I need it as a general purpose computer with desktop publishing and photo / video editing. It was delivered well packed and very quickly, and it had clear set-up instructions in a number of languages, including English. It had only three sample programmes installed as well - all useful for setting up - Norton anti-virus, a Microsoft Office sample and Windows essentials - no rubbish! The unit is very neat and quiet. It was very easy to set up and to add, transfer and configure the programmes and data I needed. It is also very fast and responsive and has easily managed everything I've asked of it so far. It would probably also cope with gaming! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is not bothered about flashy cases, but who is looking for a modern Windows 7 desktop machine.

The Weekday Missal (Red edition)
The Weekday Missal (Red edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Weekday Missal, 15 May 2013
The Missal was delivered quickly and well packaged. It was a good price and was exactly as advertised. Any missal takes time to learn the layout, but having said that, the layout is clear and reasonably easy to follow. I am sure it will be servicable for a number of years and I am very pleased with it.

High Quality Fabric Shower Curtain Size: 200cm x 200cm -Extra Long and Wide - White with small Diamond Pattern. Weighted Hem.
Offered by Norwood Trading Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabric shower curtain, 20 Jan. 2013
The curtain was delivered very quickly and efficiently - thank you! It works well, looks good, and does exactly what we wanted. Because it is fabric it hangs properly and is easy to draw across, but it does have to be washed regularly. We tried a plastic curtain before which was stiff, hard to draw across and looked horrible.

Four Ways to Forgiveness: Four Ways to Forgiveness
Four Ways to Forgiveness: Four Ways to Forgiveness

5.0 out of 5 stars Four ways to forgiveness, 20 Jan. 2013
This author is one of my favourites and I really enjoyed this book. I expected an exploration of different ways of forgiving. This was not exactly how it was - I should have known! - but the stories were very enjoyable nonetheless.

a for Amazon - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
a for Amazon - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift certificate, 20 Jan. 2013
The range of illustrations is a bit limited, and I got the 'a' when I meant to get a different illustration. Of course it didn't really matter and the certificate itself is fine. The four-wise fold is untidy but it is possible to print it double-sided on card and only fold it once.

New Ladies Thermal Lined Soft Leather Warm Winter Dress Gloves M/L Black
New Ladies Thermal Lined Soft Leather Warm Winter Dress Gloves M/L Black
Offered by VIZ-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Ladies thermal lined leather gloves., 20 Jan. 2013
The gloves were ordered just before Christmas and came very promptly - thank you! However, although I ordered Medium/large for a lady who normally would take meduim/small they were much too small. Luckily they fitted my daughter who is very pleased with them. For medium, you need to order large - or perhaps extra large!

Page: 1 | 2