Profile for C. Clifford > Reviews

Content by C. Clifford

C. Clifford "cclifford21" (UK)

Cooling Fan (Xbox 360)
Cooling Fan (Xbox 360)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not fancy, but it does the trick..., 27 July 2007
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cooling Fan (Xbox 360) (Accessory)
After I got hit by the three red lights of doom I decided to invest in a cooling fan to hopefully prevent this from happening again. I chose the Logic3 Cooling Fan mainly because of the price but also due to the fact I hadn't found any reports of the fan melting like other similar products.

I recieved the fan yesterday and so far I'm happy with it, I do however have two concerns which brought my rating down to three stars.
The first is how flimsy the product looks and feels, it doesn't have a very solid feel and I was worried in case I broke it taking it out the packaging!
The second is how hot the fan gets, the amount of heat it throws out the back isn't a bad thing (at least it's working properly) but after approx an hour it was getting worryingly over-heated.

On the whole its not a bad piece of kit, I didn't think it was too noisy, the console itself was definitely cooler and when I changed games the disk didn't give me third degree burns on my fingers when I took it out.

The Exorcist [DVD] [1973]
The Exorcist [DVD] [1973]
Dvd ~ Ellen Burstyn
Offered by MediaMine
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Horror, 12 July 2006
This review is from: The Exorcist [DVD] [1973] (DVD)
Without question The Exorcist has to be the definitive horror movie, if you only get to watch one horror film in your whole life make sure this is it.

I've seen alot of horror over the years but I can honestly say that only The Exorcist has everything, a chilling story based on true life events (the real facts of which are yet to be fully uncovered), stomach turning special effects, brilliant acting and of course features the ultimate villain: The Devil.

The reason I titled this review "Perfect Horror" is because that's what this movie is. Even if you don't look at The Exorcist as a horror movie but instead study the film for what it really is you'll inevitably find that this is movie perfection. The casting is spot on, personally I can't imagine anybody but Linda Blair playing the possessed character of Reagan. All of the characters are well rounded and interesting, Father Karras (played by Jason Miller) being one of the more memorable as he battles with his own personal torment resulting from the death of his mother. The makeup and special effects are excellent and very cleverly done, making the young girl's gruelling ordeal all the more believable.

The Exorcist has always been hailed as being the most disturbing and terrifying movie ever made, and I would probably have to agree. The film deals with some very sensitive subject matter that even today is rarely touched upon, the thought alone of a defenseless young girl being possessed by Satan is a difficult matter to deal with - but when the grim reality is thrust in your face with all the subtlety of a freight train, its not pretty.

Although this movie was made over three decades ago, it still remains as shocking and frightening as ever. I would highly recommend that you take the time to watch The Exorcist, even if you're not a fan of horror you will still find this to be a thought-provoking and deeply moving piece of movie history.