Profile for Kate > Reviews

Content by Kate

Kate (London)

BANANAGRAMS®: The Insider Secrets to Help you Become Top Banana! (Collins Little Books)
by Mark Nyman

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 May 2016
This year our daughter Anna won the Bananagrams Challenge and became the 2016 UK Top Banana - and she attributes her success to this wonderful book. It's filled with clever tips and two-letter words we never knew existed. Anna played "Zo" on her winning board having learned that this is a kind of Tibetan yak.... "Ai", a three-toed sloth, is another of her favourite words! This book is a perfect gem to peruse - which nearly anagrams into "spot our game perfecter" - but not quite (there's a reason why Deej Johnson, master of the anagram, was chosen to write it!). Deej Johnson has a witty and intelligent style of writing that makes the book fun, and funny, for 9 year olds like Anna and older people like me... If you love Bananagrams, we can't recommend this book highly enough.

Beyond The Sea
Beyond The Sea
Offered by Media Vortex

5.0 out of 5 stars Faaantastic!!, 27 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Beyond The Sea (Audio CD)
I received the album this morning and I have been playing it non-stop! I mainly bought the album for the Nina Simone track from the Mueller TV ad and for some of my other favourites that I know such as Dean Martin's Sway, Chris Montez, Rosemary Clooney etc. But I love the entire album which rarely ever happens these days, compilations can be such a rip off! It plays so well and I have been dancing around to it. Can't wait to play it in the car and when my friends come around this Friday. Pure sunshine, can't stop smiling!!