Profile for Sukumar Natarajan > Reviews

Alesis DM Lite Digital Drum Kit
Alesis DM Lite Digital Drum Kit
Price: 180.95

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought this for my son, 12 Jun 2014
This is a pretty decent set with practically everything needed for the budding drummer. However, I thought the pads were not very responsive - i.e. they have to be struck quite hard to produce sound.

Nonetheless, for what I bought it for (a 3 year old wanting to bang on drums and us not wanting to alarm the neighbours or indeed pull our hair out) it does the job really well.

Confusion: Espionage and Deception
Confusion: Espionage and Deception
Price: 39.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice one, 12 Jun 2014
A chess-like game with some very nice pieces. The only thing we had trouble with was figuring out whether an "up" arrow meant forward or backward on each other's pieces! Once that is done, it is a very easy game to play. I also like the idea that each game starts with the pieces in a different order (it has to do this of course otherwise there is no deduction left to do!). We've only played one full game so far and need to play more to figure out strategy etc.

As someone who has played quite a few board games I can strongly recommend this for anyone who likes simple rules but reasonably complex gameplay with a strong theme informing what is essentially abstract gameplay.

Childrens 1-5 Years Plain Coloured fully adjustable Elasticated Clip on Braces / Suspenders - Yellow
Offered by Sassy You
Price: 5.75

1.0 out of 5 stars One buckle came apart in 5 seconds, 15 May 2014
This seems to be an extremely poorly made product. The "buckle" that snaps on to the child's trouser, of which there are three (two in the front and one at the back) is made out of 3 pieces of metal. They interlock in such a way so that one acts as the "press" and the other two with "teeth" two hold the trouser. The press has a springy action to secure the buckle. Unfortunately, the buckle came apart as soon as we tried it on. My wife actually managed to put it back together, but it came apart immediately after.

I have sent the item back for a refund. It is possible we got a duff piece, but given that this is meant to be put on children, I am not in the least impressed by the quality of construction.

To Wake The Dead (Dr Gideon Fell Book 9)
To Wake The Dead (Dr Gideon Fell Book 9)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A riveting read, 26 Aug 2013
You can't go wrong with Fell. Well worth a read. If you liked The Green Capsule then you're likely to like this one too.

SwitchEasy TONES Plastic Case for iPhone 5 - White
SwitchEasy TONES Plastic Case for iPhone 5 - White
Offered by Titan M
Price: 5.68

2.0 out of 5 stars Starts off great but wears off quickly, 17 Jun 2013
Bought one each for my wife and myself. Seemed very good quality till a month or two in use when the thin bezel added to the front (that prevents the screen from touching a surface when kept facing down) started to come apart. This has happened in both pieces so looks like a manufacturing defect related to poor gluing. I paid nearly 18 for this when it originally came out and expected *much* better performance. The last thing I need is for the product to be coming apart in my hand!

Still on the hunt for a suitable alternative, but very cautious after this experience.

Lala Deen Dayal: 95+ Indian Photographic Reproductions
Lala Deen Dayal: 95+ Indian Photographic Reproductions
Price: 1.97

1.0 out of 5 stars There is a reason this costs 1.97, 24 April 2013
As cheap books go, this couldn't get cheaper. There is a smattering of text at the beginning of the book which looks like it has been adapted from the Wikipedia entry for Raja Deen Dayal. Each page contains about 2 photos neither of which has a title or description (though the contents page does have the titles). This is utterly useless as all you have are a bunch of photos about whose contents you know nothing. The photographs are fine as you can double tap them to see them a little fuller, though clearly these are not at a high resolution. This may be more to do with Kindle and ePub than the publisher, but worth pointing out for a book of this kind nonetheless.

Avoid and try buying "Raja Deen Dayal: Artist-Photographer in Nineteenth-Century India" by Deepali Dewan & Deborah Hutton instead. I know I will.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars No use if you have a CF card, 11 Jun 2012
I have a CF card on my dslr and I hooked it up via the usual USB connector on the USB port on this connector. Does not work. The message suggests it is because it needs "too much power" but that cannot be true. Very disappointed.

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black (Retail Packaging)
Offered by Annzon Vendor
Price: 18.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little mouse, 6 Dec 2010
Before buying this I had also purchased one of the Logitechs. Both are good - the Logitech is a little more ergonomic with a shape that fits into the curve of the palm. The microsoft has a nice rubbery grip though not as form fitting. The Microsoft really does work on almost any surface - I even used it on my jeans! The little slot for carrying the transmitter is neat - it also serves as a reminder to turn off the mouse. Good buy overall.

Blu-Ray Disc Storage Cases - 11mm Spine - (25 Pack)
Blu-Ray Disc Storage Cases - 11mm Spine - (25 Pack)
Offered by Media Replication
Price: 12.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 10 April 2010
Bought these to replace some missing covers. Received from the seller well on time and have not had a problem.

Trans StoreJet 2.5 320GB Portable Hard Disk Drive Mobile
Trans StoreJet 2.5 320GB Portable Hard Disk Drive Mobile

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and powers off the USB Cable, 25 Jan 2010
Strongly recommend this to anyone needing a small portable drive. Comes with a 2-headed USB cable which you can use to power it off both recent USB ports (using one of the USB heads in a USB 2.0 port) and older ones (by plugging both heads into 2 available ports so the drive can pull enough power out). As I have only used it with one port on my Macbook I cannot really comment on how it works on computers with not enough power in their USB ports but I see no reason why it won't work. Not needing an extra power brick like my other external HDDs is a great boon as I had run out of power sockets!

And oh - it looks quite neat too as it has a rubberized exterior that makes it non-slip.

Page: 1 | 2