Profile for yordanova > Reviews

yordanova

Razer Mamba 2012 Elite Wireless Gaming Mouse, 6400dpi, 4G Dual Sensor
Razer Mamba 2012 Elite Wireless Gaming Mouse, 6400dpi, 4G Dual Sensor

2.0 out of 5 stars just one feature, 9 May 2012
I bought this mouse for its advertised premium quality and many reviews saying how great it is. Honestly, I don't know what people find in it, really.

The mouse itself has just one cool feature - it is ergonomic. Previously I used the Apple's Magic mouse, which is a nightmare when we are talking about ergonomics. These are where my 2 stars come from.

Now why not more stars?
1. I use a Mac and I need my mouse to be integrated with it. This mouse doesn't have the following features:
a. It doesn't have the bounce effect when I scroll to the top or to the bottom of a page.
b. It doesn't have scroll acceleration
c. It doesn't have horizontal scroll (I have to press Shift on the keyboard to scroll horizontally, and that doesn't come very natural)
d. Two of the side buttons cannot be associated with any action, because I'm on the Mac. I have to download some hacking software to do that, which is kind of geeky.
e. There are no actions I can do with the mouse - with the magic mouse I could zoom into a page, browse pages back and forward, etc - with the mamba I can't do any of these.
2. The scroll feels somehow wooden, the experience is not smooth at all. When I scroll the pages it feels more like I'm pressing the Up button on the keyboard rather than a smooth flowing of the page content.
3. The battery is so easily drained. My magic mouse used to go on for months and I never felt the need to turn it off. The battery of the Mamba can't complete even a whole working day. It is a wireless mouse, but you would used it physically connected practically all the time. The funny thing is that the mamba is 3 times bigger than the Magic mouse and have 20 times less effective battery.
4. Why anyone would need that station - I can't believe we are living in the 21 century and the mouse doesn't even have a bluetooth. I know that many computers don't have build-in bluetooth and their owners don't care whether the external device is one bluetouth or another thing. It would've been nice to at least have the option for bluetooth when paying the price of almost 100 pounds. I knew about this even before purchasing and I thought it'd be ok, but the truth is that it's really annoying, especially for people who'd like to keep their desks clean.

Finally, the mouse is truly beautiful (I believe no one will deny that), however that is all it has. If I hadn't thrown away its beautiful packaging I would definitely go for a refund.

4ft (120cm) Indoor LED Multicolour Fibre Optic Xmas/Christmas Tree with stand
4ft (120cm) Indoor LED Multicolour Fibre Optic Xmas/Christmas Tree with stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 3 Nov. 2011
I saw the other review of this christmas tree even before I purchased it and I was concerned. So I took a chance and it paid off.
I honestly don't understand what is the problem with this tree - it looks great, it has plenty of branches where you can hang baubles and the kids love the magic of the optic fibres. What's not to love?

I have only one recommendation for improvement - it is for the manufacturer, not for the seller. Please make the LED lights not that bright or put an option to turn them off.

Ravensburger The World's Tallest Buildings Jigsaw Puzzle (2000-Piece)
Ravensburger The World's Tallest Buildings Jigsaw Puzzle (2000-Piece)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ravensburger is the best puzzle manufacturer ever!, 11 July 2011
In my case I had a missing piece, so I wrote a letter to Ravensburger. They offered to exchange the entire puzzle with another one with 2000pc. So I wrote them back and told them which puzzle I like the most. And last week I received it.
It's an amazing experience. I instantly ordered two more puzzles :)

Creative Inspire T3130 (2.1) Speaker System with Subwoofer
Creative Inspire T3130 (2.1) Speaker System with Subwoofer

2.0 out of 5 stars good subwoofer, bad speakers, 22 Jun. 2011
The subwoofer is good, although it's a bit quiet. Ideal for apartments, where your neighbors are very close and you don't want to disturb them.
The speakers on the other hand you can directly throw away - the main problem is that they crackle badly at low frequencies. The TV speakers are better than that.