Profile for H. Hogh > Reviews

Content by H. Hogh

H. Hogh "sci-fi fan" (Guildford, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Shower Handle with Filter Cartridge. Removes 99% of chlorine in both hot and cold water. Combats scale and bacteria (even staphylococcos aureas) - Proven to help eczema sufferers. Fits any hose and works on any shower, even power showers. Great for homes with minimal water pressure. Ideal travel filter. Free standard delivery.
Offered by Aquatiere

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit and use, 5 Aug 2014
The water in my area smells of chlorine and my daughter suffers badly from eczema, so ready to try anything!

Pros:
- very easy to install, takes 2 mins
- easy to use
- waters is noticeable cleaner (doesn't smell of chlorine anymore)
- filter can be changed
- good value for money

Cons:
- reduces water pressure. Our pressure was pretty weak to begin with, and this pretty much halves it - not great.
- makes the head heavier, not a huge issue, but is noticeable.

All in all, I consider it a good investment, our daughter's eczema has lessened, and for that I'm willing to make do with the lower water pressure. Would buy again.

Abco Tech Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker & Handsfree speakerphone - - Compatible with all Bluetooth Devices, iPhone 5 Siri and All Android devices (Blue)
Offered by Abco Deals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and versatile, 5 Aug 2014
Bought this for my hubby to use in car. He has a dinosaur stereo, and wanted to play mp3's, so this was a cheap, easy solution. Works perfectly and he now listens to his favourite tunes on the commute.

SODIAL(R) Key Pete Strong Magnetic Key Holder Hook Rack Magnet - Black
SODIAL(R) Key Pete Strong Magnetic Key Holder Hook Rack Magnet - Black
Offered by A Brilliant Planet

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun storage of keys, 5 Aug 2014
Can hold my large bundle of keys - but only if stuck on completely flat iron surface (my filing cabinet). Doesn't work on my whiteboard (it will stick but cannot hold my keys). It's a fun way to store keys in my office though.

Emartbuy® Trio Pack For Tesco Hudl - Purple Bullet 1 Amp USB Car Charger + Purple Metallic Mini Stylus + Purple Flat Anti-Tangle Micro USB Sync / Transfer Data & Charger Cable
Offered by emartbuyuk

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart and cheap, 5 Aug 2014
All items came as described and pictured. I bought it for use with Tesco's Hudl tablet and so far has worked fine. The lead is not that long, and in the end I used a different one so it could reach my daughter (sitting on the backseat). But if just used for charging, then this is fine - and MUCH cheaper (and prettier) than the official Hudl version.

My Little Pony Bright Hair Snap Clips Sleepies
My Little Pony Bright Hair Snap Clips Sleepies
Offered by SLGK Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty & cute, 5 Aug 2014
These are very detailed and pretty - better than I expected. The plastic the pony is made of is a bit thin - I think they will not last beyond the My Little Pony craze my daughter has. But for the prize, they are perfect.

Trunki BoostApak Travel Backpack Booster Seat (Pink)
Trunki BoostApak Travel Backpack Booster Seat (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent travel solution, 20 Aug 2013
I bought this to use for short trips abroad (to visit family) and it has been a godsend. My daughter wears it when we go through the airport, which allows us to travel with only hand luggage (shortening the whole experience, a plus when travelling with young children!). Having a car seat at hand affords much greater flexibility, being able to take a cab or travelling in a friends car - it has worked brilliantly. My only concerns are that you have to install it on the left back seat to fit the red shoulder holder - and it took me a while to figure it's use out - so make sure you practice installing it a few times before you go off on a holiday or such. Once you go the hang of it, it's fine. Also, it is not a seat where a child can sleep (the child will flop to the side, just as in a regular booster seat) - so suitable for shorter journeys.

Pro's:
- allows you to travel anywhere in a car
- storage inside is a definite plus - I usually put in toys to use on the plane, very useful.
- sturdy enough and easy to flip open and use at a moments notice
- tired child can also sit on it when in long airport cue
- Stylish looking and practical

Con's:
- need to practice the installation a bit before use, to get the hang of it
- the shoulder bit, not immediately obvious how to use it - the wordless instructions (whilst surely great for international purposes) could use a few words to explain the drawings, I certainly did not 'get it' straight away
- not particularly cheap

All in all, I have been very satisfied with it, and have had many uses for it - more than I expected, I'm very happy I purchased it and would recommend to anyone travelling with small children for occasional use (not as a main, every day car seat).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2014 12:13 AM GMT

USB Mini Desktop Power PC Laptop Fan Desk Table MAC by BuyinCoins
USB Mini Desktop Power PC Laptop Fan Desk Table MAC by BuyinCoins
Offered by TOPCITY

5.0 out of 5 stars small & cheap, 19 Aug 2013
As the summer got hotter and hotter, and therefore my office too, I decided on purchasing a small fan to help keep me cool. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and here's my pro's and con's
Pro's
- it is very cheap
- It is small, about 15 cms across and tall, smaller than lunch place
- it is light and can be tilted
- cover ensures you don't accidentally poke your fingers into it
- It doesn't look completely the same as on the picture. The foot stand is a bit more sturdy than the picture here looks like
- Easy to work - plug in USB cable and switch on, easy-peasy

Con's
- Button to turn it on is at the back, a bit annoying - I have to turn it around, then reposition it again each time I want it switched on
- it is a bit plasticky - however, I do think that for the price of it, this is OK
- it is neither loud or quiet, but you do notice the sound, at least to begin with. OK for me, I usually have the radio on or play music in my office, but could be annoying to someone else or if you share office space.

All in all, for use on the occasional hot day (a rarity here in the UK), this is a good solution - cheap enough that you can offset the noise of it with the comfort. Sturdy enough to last through the two weeks in question. Light and looks nice - not intrusive on the desk.

Entities: The Selected Novels of Eric Frank Russell
Entities: The Selected Novels of Eric Frank Russell
by Eric Frank Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure genius!, 12 Jun 2013
This is a great selection of Eric Frank Russell's most well-known work. His best known novel is probably 'Wasp', which I thoroughly enjoyed. Here, my personal favourite is 'Next of Kin' which made me laugh out loud (whilst on the beach, yes, I probably looked like a nutter). In my view an underrated author, so I was pleased to find this gem of a collection.

Cruzer Fit 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-016G-B35)
Cruzer Fit 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ33-016G-B35)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny but with no loss of memory space, 12 Jun 2013
I'm not a memory expert, but I have had many USB drives and use them all the time. This one is great, it has 16GB of space but is absolutely tiny and at an affordable price. In fact, it is small enough that it is all too easy to loose, but I keep it on my keyring so I always have USB drive ready. There is a small metal look at one end (not on the cover, but on the memory stick itself) which can be attached to a keyring or similar but doesn't protrude or take up any real space - a great little feature in my view. the cover sits snugly enough that I haven't lost it even yet...all in all, good value for money and excellent choice if you want something that doesn't take up space.

Lost and Found
Lost and Found
by Oliver Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bedtime reading., 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Lost and Found (Paperback)
I frequently read this to my 3-year old daughter, who loves the story. It is a gentle story about friendship, and she understood the premise of the story with ease. The pictures look great and the book is made of thick, quality paper. There are no scary creatures, violence of any kind - which makes it an excellent choice of bedtime reading, when you want your little one to calm down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4