Profile for Simon > Reviews

Timex Sport Ironman Fullsize Multi-function Triathlon 30 Lap - T5E931
Timex Sport Ironman Fullsize Multi-function Triathlon 30 Lap - T5E931
Price: 27.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch great - strap rubbish, 22 Jan 2013
I like the watch itself, the featues are the standard ironman features, including an 'occasion' feature which is basically a diary alarm, not sure if or when I will use it but hey. 3 separate alarms which is great, can set one for daily one for weekends and one for weekdays, perfect for me. The alarm is just about the right volume, wakes me up but not the better half.

So why only 3 stars ?
1.5 stars knocked off for the strap, its rubbish. I was quite gentle with it but the strap broke with the first 2 days and that was before it saw any real action, managed to replace the pin eventually but I am nervous that it'll just break again when I get to use it in anger.
Previous ironman watches had another stopwatch feature, 'Countdown and then start' I found this useful for sailing, sadly this feature is no longer there, so from a personal view it loses another 0.5 star.

Summary : Watch is great, not perfect but the strap is rubbish.

StarTech.com M/F Replacement PS/2 Keyboard to USB Adapter
StarTech.com M/F Replacement PS/2 Keyboard to USB Adapter
Offered by Vebox Direct Computing
Price: 2.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Take care, 14 Sep 2012
I wanted an adaptor that would allow me to use a PS/2 keyboard via a USB port, the product description claims that this is what it does. It doesn't.
Looking back on other reviews, I did not pick up on the word 'replacement' in the title.
Not worth arguing about, so its in the bin.

5 Star Whiteboard Drywipe Magnetic with Pen Tray and Aluminium Trim W900xH600mm
5 Star Whiteboard Drywipe Magnetic with Pen Tray and Aluminium Trim W900xH600mm
Offered by Pitts Presentation Products Ltd
Price: 21.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Whiteboard, 2 Feb 2012
Arrived 2 days after I ordered it and was well packaged,so that the board itself was protected.

Fixed to the wall with the screws supplied which are man enough to hold it, these fixings are hidden by the supplied corner covers which gives a neat finish. Its had plenty of use since I bought it, mainly with the kids drawing pictures of me on it. Apart from that art work I have no complaints with this aspect of the board.

Magnetic backing works well all around the board, in other words there are no dead spots.

The only issue I have is with the plastic corner covers which are great if they fit properly, but 50% of them dont so I had to resort to gluing them in place which is far from ideal. Having said that, after having one for 3-4 weeks I went and bought a second.