Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Listen with Prime Shop Men's Shop Women's
Profile for GT Turbodiesel > Reviews

Content by GT Turbodiesel

GT Turbodiesel "Turbo" (Co Tyrone, Northern Ireland)

Battersea Shield (Re-Issue)
Battersea Shield (Re-Issue)
Offered by EliteDigital UK

4.0 out of 5 stars A divine look back from the 90's - exceptional!!!, 14 July 2007
Let me tell you I had purchased this mini album in 2006 and it is a gem!! ALL the tracks are that good. I couldn't think of anything bad to say about these three tracks. Completely blown away.

Its as if they took a backward step into their early years and said... 'It doesn't matter what people say about developing new found sounds. Our early material sold just as well, so lets make an album like or early work." Hey Presto! full use of the spectacular orb sounds and not have overblown radio samples a la Orbsessions Vol 2.

It works very well I completely like 'Matron' and 'Insane' and they couldn't have produced it better without a litle help from your man Jack Dangers. It sounds magnificient with a know-it-all who has really come up with fresh ideas for sound under his Meat Beat Manifesto group.

Insane totally rocks my boat. Totally insane and totally enjoyable. Made me cry with so much laughter!!

A good all-rounder of a mini-album. Hope they continue producing work with Dangers. They really need his ideas at the moment!

Orbsessions Vol.2
Orbsessions Vol.2

2.0 out of 5 stars So much more abstract than in previous years....., 14 July 2007
This review is from: Orbsessions Vol.2 (Audio CD)
hookay, I received this album on my birthday, and I expected some sort of unusual, but likable sound when I pressed play on my remote.

D.A.D.O.E.S? and 2026 are extremely good tracks and once you have bought their Vol 1, you can get into these gems. You know it starts to sound good when you have heard the first three tracks that more or less 'jump' out of the speakers.

'Ralphs Cupboard' is actually taken from their Cydonia Promo and renamed from 'Ralf' to 'Ralph's Cupboard' instead. Why change the name? It kind of throws you off a bit.

'Ba'albeck' is also taken from the Cydonia Promo and renamed from 'Freely Wheely' to 'Ba'albeck'. What is with the name changing!!?? I actually thought those tracks were going to sound different and had thought they were new tracks. But same versions, different track names. It is very annoying!!

Of course the buck doesn't stop here... once you develop more into the album, it kind of sounds out of focus and besides, I know that Orb use a lot of radio samples in their work, but tracks 4, 5, 7, 10 and 11 are very hard to listen to. Track 4 was ok at first, but then the sound loop disappeared!

If I have to be critical, it is because I thought Vol 1 was way better than Vol 2 because of the amount of radio samples used throughout the album. Its as exactly as the last reviewer said; it could have been FSOL's work. Completely unrecognisable, and lazy enough to include some Cydonia Promo versions.

Here's hoping 'The Dream' can fare better.