Profile for sjs111 > Reviews

Content by sjs111

sjs111

Page: 1 | 2
The Rush Cutter's Legacy (The Greek Village Collection Book 15)
The Rush Cutter's Legacy (The Greek Village Collection Book 15)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Another visit to our Greek friends courtesy of the wonderful writing skills of Sara Alexi, 13 Dec. 2015
Old friends and new foes
Another visit to our Greek friends courtesy of the wonderful writing skills of Sara Alexi. We explore the history of characters who had formerly been on the peripheries of other stories and we are drawn deeper into the interwoven strands of these colourful characters. Sara's descriptions of the locations are, yet again, vibrant. Thank you Sara.

The Priest's Well (The Greek Village Collection Book 12)
The Priest's Well (The Greek Village Collection Book 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Short novella left me wanting more!, 8 Jun. 2015
I have read all of Sara's Greek Village series, of which this is the latest novella. Sara's story telling is well paced and descriptive; I can feel the sun on my face and see the places she describes! The characters from previous novels are featured here, in a small way, but the new ones keep me intrigued too! Great twist at the end, didn't see THAT coming! Great work Sara!

Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World’s Happiest Country
Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World’s Happiest Country

5.0 out of 5 stars had me in stitches!, 8 Jun. 2015
Funny and heart warming, we can all identity with some of these situations! Laughed till I cried!

The English Lesson (The Greek Village Collection Book 11)
The English Lesson (The Greek Village Collection Book 11)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracker from our Sara!, 8 Jun. 2015
Taking a new twist, this is Sara's first novella on the Greek Village series. We see the return of well loved characters and the introduction of some new; and the start of a love interest. As usual, Sara keeps you guessing all the way through with her vivid descriptions, well paced writing and innovative stories. I finished this book 2 weeks ago but am still playing the ending over and over in my head!

The Reluctant Baker (The Greek Village Collection Book 10)
The Reluctant Baker (The Greek Village Collection Book 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracking novel from Sarah, 27 April 2015
Always a pleasure to lose myself in Sarah Alexi's books; the descriptions are so vivid and the characters feel like old friends.

Ravensburger Mickey's Birthday Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 Piece)
Ravensburger Mickey's Birthday Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 Piece)

5.0 out of 5 stars Most appropriate for a birthday present!, 15 April 2014
Purchased for me by my teenage sons for my birthday, this is a lovely puzzle featuring the main Disney characters. Good quality product which kept me entertained!

Ravensburger Wonderful World Disney 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle
Ravensburger Wonderful World Disney 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Tricky - a good challenge!, 15 April 2014
Love the Ravensburger Disney puzzles so was happy to see this new one on Amazon. Included in the box is an information sheet about the characters on the puzzle and the year their animated film was released, which was a nice touch. The round puzzle means that the whole puzzle is made up of a series of circles - a fact I had not appreciated when I ordered it. I thought it would just be cut "across", like a standard puzzle, but the different shaped pieces, to fit in with the circle, really make your brain work! Great quality product, would definitely recomment.

Successful Minute Taking and Writing - How to Prepare, Organize and Write Minutes of Meetings and Agendas - Learn to Take Notes and Write Minutes of Meetings - Your Role as the Minute Taker

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, clearly written - a must have for the novice or expert, 19 Jan. 2014
I thought my minute taking skills were pretty good so I did not know how useful this book would be for me, however there are some great points about layout, I love the examples of alternatives to "said", the exercises are relevant and not too long. I also thought the section about the chairperson and ways to suggest better "chairing" were very helpful. I would thoroughly recommend this book and I look forward to more by the same publisher.

The Way Science Works (Science Museum)
The Way Science Works (Science Museum)
by Dorling Kindersley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reading and illustrations for my 11 year old son, 13 Jan. 2012
I purchased this on impulse whilst mooching through Amazon and have been really pleased with it. My 11 year old son loves Science and I wanted to get a book to encourage this. It has great illustrations and clear explanations without being too "high brow". This book is now a firm favourite and is the one he chooses to read in bed before lights out. I have enjoyed reading it with him, it really has been a good purchase.

Me and My Sewing Machine: A Beginner's Guide
Me and My Sewing Machine: A Beginner's Guide
by Kate Haxell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice for my 11 year old daughter, 13 Jan. 2012
My 11 year old daughter has been wanting to haul the sewing machine out of the garage and "have a go" for ages! The in-laws helped her get the machine running and I purchased this book based on its clear layout and good reviews. My daughter read the book through and in a weekend we made the skirt for our forthcoming holiday. The instructions are clear and apart from a couple of instances when we had to read through a couple of times, it was relatively easy. I was suprised that an 11 year old could mitre corners and put a zip in with no prior experience. We were also helped by a delightful fabric shop owner who ensured we had all the correct equipment before starting. Can't wait for the next project now! This book with its easy clear layout, good pictures and "non technical" wording has really inspired my daughter. A great purchase.

Page: 1 | 2