Profile for Bx > Reviews

Content by Bx

Bx

Page: 1 | 2
Proxima Direct® 36 Watt UV Nail Gel Lamp Light Gel Curing Nail Dryer with OULAC top and base coat Nail Gel Polish and Cuticle Pusher, Ideal for Shellac Nail Varnish (White)
Offered by Proxima Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and does a good job, 12 Dec. 2014
Easy to use and does a good job. Note that when you are finished and have set the top coat your nails will be sticky, just wipe over with some acetone based remover and they'll go shiny. My manicures now last two weeks!

Bluesky UV Gel Soak Off Nail Polish, Red Vixen Number 40525 10 ml
Bluesky UV Gel Soak Off Nail Polish, Red Vixen Number 40525 10 ml
Offered by bbbeautylounge

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Dec. 2014
Good colour red as it's not TOO pure red

Bluesky Caramel Grey Gel Polish 10ml
Bluesky Caramel Grey Gel Polish 10ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought with a UV lamp and my nails last 2 ..., 12 Dec. 2014
Bought with a UV lamp and my nails last 2 weeks with this, I did chip one last week but as I have all the stuff I re-did it at home!

Silverline 868714 Re-Threader 3.5 mm
Silverline 868714 Re-Threader 3.5 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool!, 24 July 2013
Had a few metal back boxes that were stripping the threads when screwing the socket fronts on which meant I had to spend some time getting the old screws out and replacing the back box or the bracket with the thread in it. I switched to using this tool to thread the holes beforehand and it solved the problem. I don't use a back box anymore without using this - and it was quite good value. Better than a tapping kit which some forums suggest as it's less fiddly because it has the rubber handle.

Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S2 II GT-I9100, Galaxy S2 II I9100, Galaxy S2 II 9100G, EB-F1A2GBU
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 24 July 2013
Bought as a second battery and I tend to swap the original one and this occasionally so that they are both charged. This lasts as long as the original battery so meets the requirement.

Viscount Traditional Bath Shower Mixer & Basin Tap Pack Chrome
Viscount Traditional Bath Shower Mixer & Basin Tap Pack Chrome
Offered by The Home Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 24 July 2013
Good value and looks great. Only problem is that the water on the bath tap comes out at a bit of an angle, not a problem for splashing or anything but ideally it's be straight down! Happy with the purchase though.

Aico EI141RC Mains Ionisation Smoke Alarm with 9V Battery Back-up
Aico EI141RC Mains Ionisation Smoke Alarm with 9V Battery Back-up
Offered by LP Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit, 24 July 2013
I tried a couple of other makes but they needed the wiring to be fitted inside the ceiling. For this model you screw the housing to the ceiling, fit the wiring into connector blocks and slide the unit on, very simple and easy to fit.

Country Cottage Conservation: A Guide to Maintenance and Repair
Country Cottage Conservation: A Guide to Maintenance and Repair
by Bevis Claxton

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but no real detail, 19 April 2013
Easy to read with good pictures and a few good diagrams. Nothing is covered in any detail and you sometimes get the impression the author would be happier living in a draughty old cottage in preference to a warm one just to maintain "how things used to be done". I'd prefer to learn more about how to make an old building more liveable, and I'd like to have seen things in more detail throughout. Like a couple of these books I've read now they are a bit to "lifestyle" and a bit light on real detail.

Electric Wiring for Domestic Installers
Electric Wiring for Domestic Installers
by Brian Scaddan

4.0 out of 5 stars Used the book for a house re-wrire, 19 Jan. 2013
I bought this to make sure I had all of the details for a house re-wire correct. It covers everything that I needed. It covers cable types, cable runs, consumer unit, earthing etc. and is fairly easy to read and follow. Occasionally I used the book to give me most of the information I required and a guide to google the rest.

Old House Handbook: A Practical Guide to Care and Repair
Old House Handbook: A Practical Guide to Care and Repair
by Roger Hunt

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but limited, 19 Jan. 2013
Unfortunately this book misses out on a lot of detail. As a guide to where you might like to do some additional research it's OK and the photos are great. It's certainly not a book to work from as each section is too short so I wouldn't say it was a Practical Guide.

Page: 1 | 2