Profile for Mr Graham Morris > Reviews

Content by Mr Graham Morris

Mr Graham Morris (Newbury, Berkshire United Kingdom)

Sony DVP-SR170 Multi-Region DVD Player
Sony DVP-SR170 Multi-Region DVD Player
Offered by K.K. Electronics

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap DVD, 7 Mar 2014
Nice quality, but the picture stuck on one DVD that plays fine on other players. Good for the price though.

Caldura 17 litre Compact Mini Fridge (Black)
Caldura 17 litre Compact Mini Fridge (Black)
Offered by Savers UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful little fridge, 7 Mar 2014
I like this fridge. We use it in the bedroom for early mornings as we have a shared kitchen. It's not as silent as I thought it would be, but it's great.

Durex Extra Safe (18 Pack)
Durex Extra Safe (18 Pack)
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 22 Aug 2013
These are great. I bought a pack of these things recently and me 'n' the missus have been at it like rabbits ever since. What's more, we ain't even having a baby yet. Great stuff.

2x Command Medium Hooks with 4x Command Strips (17081)
2x Command Medium Hooks with 4x Command Strips (17081)

4.0 out of 5 stars They seem to work!, 22 Aug 2013
Bought them in April. It's now August and my curtains are still hanging. So it looks like they work well!

Rockburn 2 inch Polyester Pro Guitar Strap - Spider
Rockburn 2 inch Polyester Pro Guitar Strap - Spider

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a guitar strap!, 3 Nov 2011
This is great. You strap it on to your guitar and it stops it being heavy and meaning you have to hold it in mid-air. What an invention! Brilliant. Suppose I ought to learn to play the damn thing now!

Samsung E1080i Sim Free Mobile Phone (discontinued by manufacturer)
Samsung E1080i Sim Free Mobile Phone (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Digi-Fun

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 3 Nov 2011
I bought this as a second phone to use for international roaming in the UK and it works just fine. Has an excellent battery life, meaning I can be away for a couple of days and not need to take a charger. If you just want a phone and nothing more, then I see no reason to spend any more than this.

Johnny Thunders And The Heartbreakers - Dead Or Alive [1984] [DVD]
Johnny Thunders And The Heartbreakers - Dead Or Alive [1984] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Thunders

4.0 out of 5 stars Overdubs marr an otherwise priceless DVD, 12 Feb 2004
As someone who was actually at the Lyceum on the night that in 1984 that Johnny Thunders performed with the Heartbreakers once more, this DVD was a must for me.
Great though it was to re-live that night, there were a few disappointments with the production. Apart from the rather bizarre snippets of Johnny at the airport or acting in his French movie, the gig itself was severely truncated.
Part of the joy of Johnny for me was his unpredictability, and on this night he began the gig so completely 'out of it' that his singing was terribly off on 'Personality Crisis', and from that moment guitarist Walter Lure took over for much of the first half of the set. On the DVD, the vocals have either been quite obviously overdubbed or the sound is from a completely different gig altogether (possibly the 1976 Gig featured in brief snippets on the disc).
Personally, I would have prefered a more honest film, and the singing on these tracks be left as it was. After all, it was all part of what Johnny was about, and, indeed, part of the attraction.
The disc definitely improves in the second half of the gig, once Johnny manages to put together some vocals! Everything clicks into place with 'In Cold Blood' and from that moment on it is possible to properly re-live a great night and enjoy the whole Thunders live experience without obvious overdubs (even if Walter Lure does look rather fed up with Johnny's ramblings at times).
I took my camera to this gig, and while I was unable to spot myself in the crowd at any point it was cetainly fun - and slightly surreal after 20 years - spotting my own camera flashes at moments that match the stills in my photo album.