Profile for Tebutebu > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
TARA THUNDERBOLT and the Sky Dancer Cat
TARA THUNDERBOLT and the Sky Dancer Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 27 July 2015
I have read many fantasy stories which are quite interesting but don't have much to offer other than the nice story. This one however, is much different. I was pleasantly surprised that it is not just a fantasy story but an inspirational book as well.
The story is centered around Tara, a young adventurous girl clearly with a mind of her own. Her father has disappeared in strange circumstances and she has questions that need answers. In order to find these answers, she has to discover who she is and embark on a life journey. She is accompanied on this quest by a cat who happens to be a Sky dancer.
Tara discovers that finding the truth takes courage and that allowing fear to paralyze you means you miss out on achieving things. She learns that going through the wisdom fire is essential in unearthing the truth.
This is an intriguing fantasy story that would get your imagination racing. I found it very inspirational; the story teaches key life lessons that not only children/ teenagers need to learn, but stuff that even some adults need to pay attention to as well. For example acknowledging that the journey of life is not going to be easy or always happy but that courage and faith sees one through.
The author of this book is a skillful storyteller and introduces many characters that bring this story alive. I enjoyed reading this book and recommend it highly.

Adult Coloring Book Stress Relieving Patterns: Natural Stress Relief and Balance Coloring Designs for Adults (Adult Colouring Books, Adult Coloring Book ... Flowers, Adult Colouring Book for Ladies 1)

WHERE THE UK Went Wrong [1945-2015]: A Personal Journey
WHERE THE UK Went Wrong [1945-2015]: A Personal Journey

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting perspective, 21 July 2015
I found this book really enlightening especially because my knowledge of UK history is not up to scratch as I would want it to be. This book has helped me to fill some gaps in my knowledge. The author's insight into the history of the UK thus far, was very informative. He explains the positive impute that the Labour party and the Conservative parties have made to the growth and prominence of the UK. At the same time, he highlights a number of things that could have been done better by these parties. As he said at the beginning of the book, successive governments have betrayed the British people by subjecting them to poor education, housing crisis, low employment etc.
I loved learning about the nationalisation of government organisations like the railway, the emergence of the NHS, National Insurance, Labour unions, 11plus exams and much more.
I enjoyed Alastair Macdonald Hart's insight into the historical events of 1945-2015, which he backed up with lots of relevant data. This is a good book, which has been well written and I highly recommend it.

Can Do: A Collection of Inspirational Quotes for Teens and Young Adults
Can Do: A Collection of Inspirational Quotes for Teens and Young Adults

5.0 out of 5 stars Great motivational quotes for life and living, 20 July 2015
Although this book is meant for teenagers, I found it quite useful myself. I like the fact that this book is not lengthy and full of fluff. This makes it is easier to get teenagers to actually read it, otherwise the book will get thrown under the bed and forgotten. The inspirational quotes are really helpful and ideal for any teenager to read and meditate upon. My favourite one in this book is this:
"to do a common thing uncommonly well brings success"
I found the book cover quite attractive too; great motivational quotes for life and living.

The Power Handbook: Adventures in Effective Assertiveness
The Power Handbook: Adventures in Effective Assertiveness

5.0 out of 5 stars I Enjoyed This Book, 19 July 2015
I found this self-help book very useful. I always like books that incorporate lots of powerful short statements. However beyond that, I liked the fact that this book is easy to read and understand.
The advice and strategies offered are practical and realistic.
I learnt a lot from this book; it reiterated some things that I had forgotten. The section that discussed the ability to say `no', was particularly useful for me. This is something I have always struggled with, but I got a new and better perspective from this book. My personal take-away from this book is that "I have the right to say no"
I also like the fact that the author uses nice stories to buttress the points being made. I enjoyed this book and recommend it.

A Guide to Teenage Depression
A Guide to Teenage Depression

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enlightening, 16 July 2015
This is a highly informational book about a topic that many parents need to pay attention to. It was a real eye opener for me. I discovered a few symptoms of depression which I would not ordinarily have classified as such. The book explains why parents need to watch the behaviour of their children and track it, if they have any concerns in order to spot signs of teenage depression. According to the author, teenage depression goes beyond just having a bad day, and many teenagers will keep their feelings secret from their parents. For examples feelings of self-doubt and worthlessness, decline in grade etc. could also be a sign. I found the chapter on bullying very interesting and educative. Some of the statistics included in the book were also enlightening.
I think this book is well written and really useful and I highly recommend it.

Time Winders: A Romantic Adventure Across Time
Time Winders: A Romantic Adventure Across Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, Vivid and Compelling, 15 July 2015
I never thought that I would enjoy reading about time travel, but I enjoyed this book. From the very first page right to the end, the story draws you in. We are instantly thrown into the world of Tanya and James, who find themselves working together to catch a criminal. They have been brought together in the most unconventional way, and have to work in precarious circumstances after escaping a time device. Although they seem to be a mismatched pair, they become a good team and are firmly immersed in the world of Jumpers, Winders and Side Winders.
I found reading this book a breeze because it flowed naturally. It was funny how Tanya moved conveniently from one era to the next.
As James and Tanya continue to work together, Tanya discloses some secrets of time traveling to James.
The author adds a romantic twist to this story making the book even more unique. As love slowly sneaks up on them, there are decisions to be taken and sacrifices to be made. I think this is a good story; very entertaining. Those who are interested in this genre of books would love this one. It is gripping, vivid and compelling.

The DANGER! Kids: Explosive Action Adventure
The DANGER! Kids: Explosive Action Adventure

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Exciting, 10 July 2015
First of all, I like the title of the book `Danger Kids'; I found it intriguing and immediately wanted to know more. The book has been brilliantly written by an author who has a great sense of humour and understands what it is like to be a kid.
Five kids decide to start their own detective club just for the fun of it. Kevin, Mike, Army, Smooth and Sal were on the search for adventure, when they accidentally stumbled on a real life situation that gave them more than enough adventure than they bargained for.
This is a good book that children can read quickly and enjoy; I enjoyed reading it myself. I also like the fact that there is a moral to the story, so the reader goes away with a vital lesson learnt.
It is a fast moving story that grabs your attention from the word go. It is well written and flows naturally. I enjoyed the many characters that the author introduced and the twists and turns in the book. The author of this book skilfully draws the reader in with his unique style of writing. I highly recommend this book.

Rory McIlroy: The Inspirational Story of Golf Superstar Rory McIlroy (Rory McIlroy Unauthorized Biography, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom, Golf Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but nice, 7 July 2015
This is a nice story about one of the popular golf players of our day. It was nice to learn that Roy was introduced to Golf by his dad as a child. No wonder he has become so good at it. It was nice to read about his personal life and the fact that he is a UNICEF Ambassador for Ireland. This is well written by the author.

Cristiano Ronaldo: The Inspirational Story of Soccer (Football) Superstar Cristiano Ronaldo (Cristiano Ronaldo Unauthorized Biography, Portugal, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Champions League)

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting to read, 7 July 2015
This is a brilliant account about the life of this inspiring footballer. The author takes nice a peek into Ronaldo's personal life and draws out interesting facts.
Although this book is short, it covers all the important aspects of Ronaldo's life, from his difficult and unusual childhood to his adulthood. I particularly liked reading about the philanthropic work that Ronaldo does, it was nice to read that he believes that giving away feels just as good as receiving. Many times we focus on the negative things that our football stars do, so it was good to read about all his excellent work. This is a good book for any Ronaldo fan.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20