Profile for nelladean > Reviews

Content by nelladean

nelladean

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 31 Dec 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Bought two for my sons. They were both delighted for the first 5 minutes, until both cars stopped working. The switch on/ off switch on one failed to engage at all, and the second just kept stopping despite putting in 2 new sets of batteries. A waste of time and money in my experience.

Funghi Forays
Funghi Forays
by Daniel Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 12 July 2012
This review is from: Funghi Forays (Paperback)
I've always wanted to try collecting and eating wild mushrooms but without the time and money to go on a proper course, I thought I'd always be limited to the common field mushroom. For a start, I was convinced that many, if not most, mushrooms were poisonous. This book dispelled that myth, and opened by eyes to the huge variety of edible mushrooms that can be found almost all year round. The best bit is the way it is divided into habitats; instantly it becomes so much easier to identify what species you've found, or to know the right spots to go looking. It's well-illustrated with lots of photos which again makes the job of identification easier. It's the right size to fit into a (large) pocket and with a waterproof cover, it's easy to take along on field trips or forays. I've only had the book a few days and I, or rather my children with their eagle-eyes, have already found (and eaten) some delicious chanterelles growing alongside a nearby stream. This is an inspiring book, and should perhaps, come with a warning, 'mushroom-hunting can be highly addictive..'