Profile for Miss Claire Biggs-Tandy > Reviews

Content by Miss Claire Bi...

Miss Claire Biggs-Tandy (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Whittard of Chelsea Finest Coffee Collection Gift Box
Whittard of Chelsea Finest Coffee Collection Gift Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Gift, 26 May 2014
I bought this as a Christmas gift and it was well received. There is a good variety of flavours and adequate sizes. It would perhaps also suit someone who wanted to try some different coffee varieties but did not want to buy full size versions. Overall I would reccomend this product

Compeed  Blister Plaster Medium
Compeed Blister Plaster Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Compeed and a 50 mile Trek!, 26 Jun. 2013
I was sent these blister plasters for free to review by Compeed through BzzAgent UK. And at just the right time! On June 22nd I took part in a charity 50 mile hike across the Pennines in 24 hours. I know I am prone to blisters through my training so this was a worry before I set off and needless to say about 12 miles in one had already popped up and was starting to hurt. At the next checkpoint I put some Compeed on and also put some on a hot spot I felt was developing. A few miles into the next section my blister burst beneath the Compeed. It hurt for a little while whilst it drained but then I felt nothing! The compeed acted as a cushion and the blister caused me no more pain. One thing I would say though is they don't stand up to water much. Although I am not sure this is something they claim to anyway. During my Trek it was extremely wet and my walking boots were sodden by the end, this unfortunately meant that when I removed my wet socks the Compeed came straight off as well. However, I don't think this reflects badly on the product as I tested it in abnormal conditions (no one walks for 50 miles in the rain for fun right?!). Another thing I liked is how once on they are practically invisible so if wearing them with heels or a nice pair of shoes no one would know. I gave some of the samples to my Trek team mates who also got blisters and they highly rated these as well. I know that these do retail at quite a lot but I have tried several products in blister prevention and treatment including standard plasters, moleskin and zinc oxide tape. I have found that for me, Compeed was the only product that significantly reduced the pain I felt and consequently made my walk more enjoyable

Omega Paw Roll'n Clean Self Cleaning Litter Box Regular
Omega Paw Roll'n Clean Self Cleaning Litter Box Regular

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...But, 1 May 2013
Bought this item for our two little kitties. They are perfectly happy using it and have no issues. Have been using this for a week now with clumping litter and it is relly good at picking up poop when you roll it. However, it doea not pick up urine at all. Instead this just clumps at the bottom of the tray and you end up having to scrape it and re roll for this to be collected. Once our kittens get bigger I think they will be too big for this and I will just buy a normal litter tray.

New Balance Men's 7" Tempo short (MRS0387) - Hi Viz Yellow, Medium
New Balance Men's 7" Tempo short (MRS0387) - Hi Viz Yellow, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect Product Description, 28 Dec. 2012
I bought these for my boyfriend for Christmas as he needed some shorts with hi-viz stripping for running in the evening. The shorts are of a good wicking quality and the hi-viz does stand out. However I noted part of the product description is incorrect. Another reason I bought these shorts was for the ICE trim. When he is out running in the dark I do worry about him being in an accident as he obviously does not carry any ID on him which could cause difficulty should an emergency arise and he were to go to hospital. The trim is supposed to be a ''sewn in label'' however despite turning these shorts inside out and looking several times this is not part of the product which was disappointing. On other websites for this product it says the ICE trim is inside the left pocket, again incorrect. If anybody can correct me in the location of the ICE trim I would be more than happy to rate this 5 starts but otherwise it stays at a 4.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2013 10:14 PM GMT

Acronymikz Mug No I Will Not Fix Your Computer
Acronymikz Mug No I Will Not Fix Your Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 Jan. 2012
I got this for my boyfriend for Christmas. It arrived well packaged and is of real good quality. My boyfriend works in technical support so this mug will be perfect for the office!

Slendertone System Abs Accessory Garment Female
Slendertone System Abs Accessory Garment Female

5.0 out of 5 stars Slendertone abs garment, 2 Jan. 2012
I knew this was only the accessory garment and purchased it for this reason. My boyfriend already has the Male version so I didnt need to purchase the remote as well. I've only tried it for a couple of weeks and am steadily increasing the level I go upto. I think its a brilliant product. I've really noticed a difference and my abs feel firmer and more toned. I would recommend this for anyone to tone up but I do use it in addition to regular exercise.

20 Pairs of Howard Leight MAX 1 Ear Plugs
20 Pairs of Howard Leight MAX 1 Ear Plugs
Offered by JJDIRECTSUPPLIES

4.0 out of 5 stars Blocks out horrid flatmates!!!, 14 April 2011
I moved into Halls of Residence in October when I started my Masters degree in London. Long story short, the people I live with were inconsiderate...ahem. They would stay up all night talking, I say talking, I mean shouting, playing music club level loud and despite numerous noise complaints did not stop. Barely getting any sleep was affecting my studies....who knows what it did to theres (they are also Masters students), so I decided to buy some ear plugs. I don't sleep with them every night, I tend to have them by the side of my bed, and if i get woken up, as i inevitably do, I stick them in. They are really easy to put in, however my ears do hurt after wearing them all night, but that could be more specifically related to me as I have my tragus pierced and thats what hurt most in the morning.

They don't block out background noise completely so if your a light sleeper these may not be for you. They do sufficiently muffle background noise though. I find if i have these in, then put my tv on a low volume I can't hear the music or shouting. I would recommend these to any student who is living with hellish people!!!

I think your supposed to use a new pack every night but I normally get about 4 days use out of mine. So they are really worth the value!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2012 3:35 AM BST

Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII
Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII
by Dr David Starkey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, 14 April 2011
David Starkey's "Monarchy" programme first caught my interest for the tudor era and particularly Henry VIII. I think this period interested me the most because it was here that the history of England changed when he decided to break with Rome and become Head of the Church of England to marry Anne Boleyn. Anyway, this was the first book I bought to further my knowledge in this period. It now has pride of place in my bookshelf and I tend to read it about once a year. It is such an interesting read and it covers all the wives relatively in detail. I would recommend it to anyone! I think this would be a good first book for someone who has seen Showtimes "The Tudors" and wanted to read a history book to find out more.

Forensic Psychology: Concepts, Debates and Practice
Forensic Psychology: Concepts, Debates and Practice
by Joanna R. Adler

5.0 out of 5 stars MSc Forensic Psychology student must read, 14 April 2011
I suppose I could be a bit biased in my review since the editors of this book were my lecturers for my MSc in Forensic Psychology. The book is an excellent resource for forensic psychology students though. A variety of topics are covered with key experts contributing to the different chapters. I used this book as a starting point for numerous essays and it pointed me in the right direction of further research and primary sources. If your a forensic psychology student, I would highly recommend this book. It is informative and highly detailed with numerous primary sources cited for each chapter.

Update: I have since finished my Masters and although I now work in a more Clinical than Forensic setting I still find this book to be a useful resource.

The Other Boleyn Girl
The Other Boleyn Girl
by Philippa Gregory

3.0 out of 5 stars So So..., 14 April 2011
This review is from: The Other Boleyn Girl (Paperback)
I first read this book a few years ago. I recently re-read it and having read a variety of fact and fiction on the period since then I have to say what an utter disappointment this book is. I find it hard to sympathise with Mary Boleyn who in the book is basically a sop, pushed forward by her family, then aside in favour of her sister. Phillipa Gregory conveniently neglects that Mary Boleyn was rumoured to be King Francis of France's mistress too... Anne is instead portrayed as a terrible person who would do anything to be Queen, even more to concieve a son and therefore deserved everything that happened to her. Don't get me started on George Boleyn being gay...I bet that guy is turning in his grave! I also extremely dislike how Gregory included Bibliographies with her work to make them appear more authentic. Alison Weir, in the book The Lady Elizabeth fully accounts for where liberties have been taken.

For those that would critique this review, I am not against Gregory per se. I really liked The Constant Princess as I thought it portrayed a believable account of the alternate history, that being that Katherine of Aragon actually did consummate the marriage with Henry's brother Arthur. That was the key difference between that and TOBG...I could not find it a believable alternative at all. Anne hiding miscarriages, sleeping with her brother to concieve a son, etc. The only other book of her's I have read was The Queens Fool, again, I did not enjoy this book. In conclusion, if your desperate to read this book than by all means do. It differs greatly from the film, infact it is better then the film tbh. But bear in mind that it is only fiction.

Page: 1 | 2