Profile for tone1428 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 833

tone1428 "Tone" (UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Vauxhall Meriva 2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009 Silver Door / Wing Mirror Glass LH(Passenger Side)
Offered by The Wing Mirror Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Reflections!, 23 July 2016
Twice this year I have had to replace my wing mirror glass. The first time I bought the replacement glass from Halfords .....it was fine but I did notice that it wasnt an exact fit.
This time I ordered this one and it is a perfect fit!...and cheaper with free delivery,speaking of delivery it is express delivery!
I ordered on the 21st and it was delivered today the 23rd...excellent!
The mirror comes with a large sticky pad on the reverse, so it is just a question of peeling the protective paper off and sticking it in the right place...Simple!
an excellent product at a very reasonable price!

Wilton Decorator Preferred White Fondant 500 g
Wilton Decorator Preferred White Fondant 500 g
Offered by Cake and Cookie Central

4.0 out of 5 stars Ice Ice Baby!, 21 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wont even pretend that I have used this product as my wife is the cake baker par excellence of this family/village/area everyone who wants a cake baking contacts her!
Over the years she has used different icing products with very varying results...the very best (according to her) Ws Tesco's own brand,I say was because they changed suppliers a couple of years ago and the new one was "Rubbish" according to my wife...other makes have come and gone,she did find a supplier that had a good icing product but sadly the shop closed down.....leaving her with Asda's own brand ....which was "OK"
So when this product came up on Vine I just had to order it for her,as luck would haveit she had a cake to make for a friend (see photo) and used the icing for that...
She found it very easy to roll out,take colouring etc.and didnt split or bubble too much...In fact she found it to be an excellent product with only one drawback....The price!
Especially here on Amazon when postage has to be taken into consideration,We both suspect that anyone running a business would have to either hike their prices up by a fair amount or stick to using a cheaper alternative as the supermarket prices are far cheaper ie Asda £2.20 per kilo!
All that said, this is a brilliant product and for the cake that is a 'Labour of Love' the price is immaterial
Comment Comment | Permalink

Songmics White Dressing Table Stool with rose cusion padded for piano chair RDS50H
Offered by Songmics

5.0 out of 5 stars Stoolie!, 20 July 2016
Well! I ordered this for my wife to use as her dressing table stool,to say she was delighted with it would be a huge understatement,she absolutely loves it!
The stool comes flat packed and takes about ten minutes to put together using the supplied 8 screws Allen key is also supplied!...simplicity itself.
The seat pad is removable just in case you feel the need to change the fabric,and the front of the stool has a nice rose type carving....Very Pretty!!
Honest review of a free or discounted item!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kany Portable Outdoor Automatic Pop Up Instant Quick Cabana Beach Tent Sun Shelter Canopy Sun Shade Sport Shelter Family Kids Baby Outdoor Camping Fishing Picnic Hiking
Offered by KanyShop

4.0 out of 5 stars Pop up, 20 July 2016
This is a very nice and very roomy (Though not as roomy as the photo on the product page would have you believe) little pop up tent.Ideal for keeping the sun off those lovely little kiddies.
We never had any trouble 'Popping' it up but a little bother folding it down as the instructions are a little garbled...But eventually we managed it OK .
It is nicely coloured and comes complete with a built in groundsheet and tent pegs.
My Grandson was mightily impressed with it as it was larger than his existing one
Honest review of a free sample

Scotch 2050PCWE 48 mm x 50 m Greener Masking Tape - Beige
Scotch 2050PCWE 48 mm x 50 m Greener Masking Tape - Beige

5.0 out of 5 stars Masque!, 15 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To be absolutely frank it would really be enough to say that this roll of masking tape at 48 mm x 50 m is plenty long enough for most jobs (Unless of course you are painting all the windows in your house,in which case you would need more than one roll!)
Is extremely well made and easily removeable,due to the 'low tack adhesive'.....In fact I may well leave this review at that as it covers all you should want to know except the price!.......
OK its not the cheapest in the DIY world but if Carlsberg made masking tape,this would be it!

Charcoal Joe: The Latest Easy Rawlins Mystery: Easy Rawlins 14
Charcoal Joe: The Latest Easy Rawlins Mystery: Easy Rawlins 14
by Walter Mosley

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy!, 14 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
"Life for Easy Rawlins is surprisingly... easy"...Is the tag line,that is so not true as Easy seems to attract trouble throughout the book!
I will be honest and say that I have never heard of Walter Mosley before,though I have seen the movie of one of his books "Devil in a blue dress"
I had no idea that the main characters of the book were black,nor that the book is set in the late 60's...none of which fazed me or ruined a pretty good storyline.
I shall not post any spoilers regarding the story, but I will say that Easy has some very tough friends and some almost equally tough enemies too!
He hasnt had an 'Easy' life facing racial discrimination at every touch and turn,but he does manage to rise above it.
The book is well written and I enjoyed it,though for me it wasnt the frantic page turner I was hoping it would be.Nonetheless a good story and well worth a read.

ProGreen Diving Torch CREE XML-T6 LED Torch Kit Professional High-Lumen Rechargeable with 5 Modes Super Strong Waterproof Led Flashlight(1* 18650 Battery+Battery Charger+Hand Strap+Annular Tubes)
Offered by ProGreenUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Light it up!, 13 July 2016
I was sent a free sample in return for a honest and unbiased review.
So what is in the box?.....
1 x LED Torch
1 x 18650 Battery
1 x charger
1 x hand strap
1 x annular tube
The box itself is a very useful container which holds all the parts of the kit...I should add here that there is also a metal rod included,and as there are no instructions, I can only guess that as it fits nicely through small holes in the screw-on back of the torch,that it is for tightening the said part to ensure that its completely waterproof....which it certainly is as I tested it in my kitchen sink!
The charger is included which is just as well as the battery is a unusual size for the UK but they are available online as I checked.
I didnt actually use the supplied charger as my own charger can take multiple sizes of battery.
There are 5 lighting modes - high light, medium light, low light, flashingmode and SOS mode.
The torch itself is Tac black with just the alloy adjusting ring,on the rear of the torch is a reasonably well made wrist strap.
Immaterial of whether you use it underwater or not this is a crackingly good torch,it is much better than my previous one ....and I thought that was good too!
OK in all fairness it is a little expensive but in my opinion well worth it!

Salter Electronic Digital LCD Bathroom Weighing Scale Bamboo
Salter Electronic Digital LCD Bathroom Weighing Scale Bamboo

5.0 out of 5 stars Weigh In!, 11 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Okay second attempt at this as the first review I did yesterday seems to have disappeared,strange as I know I finished and submitted it.My best guess is that for some reason Amazon has binned it!
The scales were very easy to set up, just a question of pressing the button on the bottom of the scales to set the kilos/pounds/stones and pounds readout.
Had a good look at the unit and it is very nice looking bit of kit and thin enough to make it easy to pack away! The Bamboo finish is very easy on the eye as I knew it would be as we have a set of kitchen scales with the same finish!
I next tested the scales with a known weight and it was spot on,again good.
Now the makers have included a 'spare' set of feet so weighing on carpets does away with the uneven floor syndrome!
Next job was to weigh myself.....BAD!
Next job was to weigh my wife...again BAD!
All in all an excellent set of scales at a reasonably competitive price!...and in our case an excellent encouragement to diet!!!!

ONEU Mini Amplifier Super Bass Hi-Fi Stereo Audio Amp Booster 12V 20W for MP3 Car Motocycle Smartphone PC Laptop IPad DVD Player with UK Power Adapter Black
Offered by ONEU-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars What?, 8 July 2016
I was sent this Mini Amplifier Free of charge for an honest unbiased review.The company obviously chose a random product and sent it to me,It would have been better if they had asked me first and I could have told them I didnt want it!
In the box rthere is....
1 x Mini ONEU Amplifier,
1 x Power adapter
The box came very well packaged and arrived undamaged....
Now thats about as good as it gets, as I have no idea what or how to use this,I assume that it plugs into your TV/Stereo.Car radio or whatever and boosts the sound output,As I dont have the correct cables to try it I have no idea if it works correctly or not,so I have given it three stars because it looks OK!

Unique Wooden Table Clock Silent Traditional Quartz Decorative Alarm Sunny Doll
Unique Wooden Table Clock Silent Traditional Quartz Decorative Alarm Sunny Doll
Offered by haiyiying

5.0 out of 5 stars Clock this!, 8 July 2016
Honest and unbiased review of a free sample
Although I have already reviewed this product,it seems to have disappeared from my reviewed list.As I certainly never deleted it I can only assume that Amazon for some reason have deleted it,I have no idea why as it just vanished!
This clock came extremely well packaged and survived its journet without any damage at all.
However,this is a lovelymoderistic looking desk/mantel clock in a very nice Beech wood with the company logo near the base.
It does need an AA battery which is not supplied and it keeps almost perfect time and at 173 x 110x 34 mmm it doesnt take up a lot of room either....soundwise I cant hear a tick at all,that said I am a little deaf so its possible that it does tick somewhat!
In short a very stylish little clock!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20