Profile for tone1428 > Reviews

Content by tone1428

tone1428 "Tone" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest 80 Wipes (Pack of 4)
Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest 80 Wipes (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wipes, 25 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have never used wipes of any description before,always used the 'spray and kitchen roll method'
So I thought I might just as well give these wipes a try, now I am not saying that I am a 100% converted as the extra cost for these would probably put me off,but they are pretty good and seem to do a good job if you need to do a fast and hygienic wipe over.My wife who is a fanatical baker will probably find more use for these than I (The main cook)will.
However they a perfectly good (and nice smelling) product that do their job more than adequately!

Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dettol Rocks, 25 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As we almost always buy Dettol cleaning products I was pleased to see this one on the Vine list and ordered it with no reservations at all.
The spray bottle itself is very bright and colourful,while the liquid smells extremely fresh and tangy.
The product blurb maintains that this will cut through and remove grease/spills and stains,having used this a couple of times I certainly can't argue with that as it certainly cleared our hob after cooking a fried breakfast.
One of the real bonuses with this is that it is not necessary to buy a separate Antibacterial spray to use after the cleaning spray has done its work.We find this is an excellent kitchen spray and has cleaned everything we have so far tried it on.
We haven't yet used the spray in the bathroom,basically because we usually have separate cleaning products for the kitchen and bathroom.
On the whole an excellent reasonably priced product.

Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running & Gym/exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets W/microphone for Iphone 5s 5c 4s 4, Ipad 2 3 4 New Ipad, Ipod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices (QY7, black/green)
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Ear Ear!, 21 Jan. 2015
Honest review of a free sample.
First of all whats in the box? Detailed instructions (but in tiny print), a mini USB charging cable, a charger is not provided but you can use standard chargers,6 different sized ear rubbers and 6 replacement ear hooks.
Once I had fitted the correct sized earpiece I found the earbuds to be extremely comfortable. As for looks,I love the vivid green and black colouring!
Considering the reasonable price of this product the sound reproduction is extremely good and and I found the bass to be very acceptable to my ears (I am no expert on stereo sounds at all)
I find the transmission distance of 10 Metres to be reasonably accurate though the up to 6 hours of Talk/Playing Time given may be slightly on the optimistic side (though maybe that could improve after a few more charges)
So are they worth the price?
Yes I do believe they are!

Tacwise 140/12mm Stainless Steel Staples (Box of 2000)
Tacwise 140/12mm Stainless Steel Staples (Box of 2000)

5.0 out of 5 stars Staple Diet, 9 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What is there to say about Tacwise products that hasn't already been said by dozens of reviewers already?....Well all I can do is basically repeat what others have said.
The staples are excellent quality and do exactly what they are supposed to do,I tacked down the roofing felt on my shed with them using my Tacwise Z3-140 Staple Gun...excellent results for this job! and very handy that they are stainless steel meaning that they wont rust and deteriorate in the outside weather!
I will say that they are a trifle expensive but in my opinion well worthwhile!

Craghoppers Men's Basecamp Winter Lined Trousers - Cigar, W38xL29 Inch
Craghoppers Men's Basecamp Winter Lined Trousers - Cigar, W38xL29 Inch
Offered by Warwickshire Clothing

4.0 out of 5 stars Not 5 Star!, 3 Jan. 2015
Excellent fit,very much as advertised. Extremely comfortable but not as well lined as I expected them to be,
I have a pair of Regatta lined walking trousers which are much warmer IMO.and as I recall were also cheaper too. That said, these trousers are fine for the serious walker as the steady walking pace would keep you warm in any case.Sadly I am not a serious walker I am a birder first and foremost and spend a lot of time sitting in hides and standing in the cold watching the birds.
On the whole these trousers could and should be better.

Hoont™ Electronic Dog Repellent and Trainer with LED Flashlight / Powerful Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent and Bark Stopper + Dog Trainer Device / Protect Yourself from Aggressive Dogs + Train Your Dog to Stop Barking and All Other Unwanted Behavior / Works for All Dogs
Offered by Hoont

4.0 out of 5 stars Repellent/trainer?, 2 Jan. 2015
Honest review of a free sample.
The main reason I was prepared to review this little bit of kit is because my wife and I are keen birders and spend a lot of our spare time outdoors, sometimes in areas that are used heavily by dog walkers.
Though we have never had any serious dog problems we are always a little wary of them,consequently the very first time I had the chance of using this little instrument I jumped at the chance of using it...there were 3 separate dogs that took an interest in us and the silent (to us) deterrent certainly seemed to work on 2 of the dogs which immediately stopped them in their tracks,whereas the other dog took absolutely no notice and carried on to us....perhaps this dog was deaf!
I cannot say how effective this instrument would be in training as I do not have a dog,however I can see that it would be a useful tool.
The audible warning makes an excellent outdoor intruder alarm for anyone alone at night,while the torch also is handy,but it has to be said that the torch is pretty useless and could be much better,hence only four stars.
The instrument itself is reasonably well made and requires a 9V battery which is not supplied.

Avi-8 Hawker Hurricane Men's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial Analogue Display and Black Leather Strap AV-4020-03

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Watch!, 26 Dec. 2014
Deserves more than 5 stars....sadly that is the maximum!
My lovely wife bought me this as a Christmas present knowing my love for this beautiful bomber.
I may never take this watch off, it is stunning and the presentation box is a knockout too!
I have a fair collection of watches and this bad boy will take pride of place.

Decorated: Sublimely Crafted Cakes for Every Occasion
Decorated: Sublimely Crafted Cakes for Every Occasion
by April Carter

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing really, 23 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this book specifically for my wife,who is an excellent baker and cake decorator, she is completely self taught (she has an artistic turn of mind) and I am a little disappointed with the book!
Now don't get me wrong the book itself is really lovely with great photographs and is well written and laid out, with terrific recipes with a few that are new to my wife.Our issue is that usually she does iced cakes with icing decorations and there are none in this book as they are all decorated with buttercream! I do know that tastes have changed over the years but wedding and Birthday cakes are at least 90% iced cakes, so I do wonder if the author has missed a trick by not including some icing hints?
However this book would mostly appeal to new bakers and those whose cake decorating skills are at beginners level.
To repeat myself a little, this book is an absolute little gem aesthetically, but is not for the middle to upper levels of cake decorating i'm afraid.

Great British Bake Off: Big Book of Baking
Great British Bake Off: Big Book of Baking
by Linda Collister

5.0 out of 5 stars Cakey Bakey!, 15 Dec. 2014
Christmas present for my wife,she loves the programme and loves baking so I know she will enjoy this book as she also has all the others.
I am very proud of my wifes baking and have posted a couple of pics of her cakes that she has done in the past,please enjoy looking at them....Oh and yes, they really do taste as good as they look!

NEW WOMEN SINGLE BABY REINDEER CHRISTMAS JUMPER LONG SLEEVE KNITTED SWEATER UK SIZE 8-26 (M/L 12-14, GREY)
Offered by SELFIEFASHION

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas jumper, 15 Dec. 2014
Purchased as a Christmas present for my sister in law.But it appears to be very reasonable quality and certainly the pattern and logo are very nice!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20