Profile for Robbo > Reviews

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation [Blu-ray] [1989] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Chevy Chase
Offered by YouWantIt-WeGotIt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Fun and Frolics!, 28 Nov. 2009
Although we have seen this many times we bought the blu ray version and makes watching even better. An old classic that will always be watched at Christmas!

Polar Express 3D [Blu-ray]
Polar Express 3D [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Robert Zemeckis

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas must see!, 28 Nov. 2009
We have seen this film 3 times over the years at the Imax and is truly a lovely Christmas 'must see'.I can guarantee any children will love this. My only disappointment was the 3d effects were very limited when playing through our LED TV, not as good as the Imax, but still thoroughly enjoyed it. Buy it, if not for the kids, then you!

Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure 3D (National Geographic) [Blu-ray] [2009]
Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure 3D (National Geographic) [Blu-ray] [2009]
Dvd ~ Sean MacLeod Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic effects, 28 Nov. 2009
If you want to impress your friends with a film showing 3d effects then this is a must. We recently purchased a 55" LED tv with Blu Ray and this just makes the creatures jump out at you! You wont be dissapointed I promise!

Samsung UE55B7020W 55-inch Widescreen Ultra Slim Full HD 1080P Crystal LED TV with Media 2.0 and Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the rest!, 28 Nov. 2009
Although I did a lot of research for a new TV I must admit I was guided by the Which report that highlighted this as the best buy TV giving it top marks in most of the sections. It is truly a fantastic picture and we cant get over how thin it is, unbelievable! Its not cheap but then the best never is but for a long term investment it will bring hours of satisfaction. Go for it!

Panasonic SC-BT205EB9K Blu-ray Disc Tallboy Speakers 5.1 ch Home Cinema System
Panasonic SC-BT205EB9K Blu-ray Disc Tallboy Speakers 5.1 ch Home Cinema System

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately the wow factor!, 8 Nov. 2009
Absolutely pleased to bits with this unit. Great sound, good looking and makes watching TV/Blu Ray equal to the experience at the cinema. So many features are on this player it would take too long to discuss. The only real annoying thing so far is that to update the firmware, you either have to go on line or download a CD. Although I consider myself fairly computer literate, I just couldnt get the CD to work on the player. With a lot of hassle, I had to move our PC modem down to the player for it to update. Although to be fair I think they will send you updates through the post but not sure how long that would take. But apart from that a great peice of kit. I'm just thankful we live in a detatched house otherwise we would probably be cast as the neighbours from hell with the bass shaking the walls!

Coraline [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Coraline [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Dakota Fanning
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars Coraline, 8 Nov. 2009
Thoroughly enjoyed the film. I especially liked the 3d effects which were far better than the Polar Express. Although aimed at children, I would imagine some young children might be a little frightened by some of the scenes. Definately one to watch on Blu Ray.

Page: 1 | 2