Profile for AMT > Reviews

Content by AMT

AMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Mental Maths Ages 5-7: New Edition (Collins Easy Learning KS1)
Mental Maths Ages 5-7: New Edition (Collins Easy Learning KS1)
by Collins Easy Learning

3.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed by this booklet because I was looking for something ..., 16 Jan. 2016
I was disappointed by this booklet because I was looking for something more beefy. Mental maths, for me, shouldn't be done on a sheet of paper but in your head. I would have liked a few pedagogical pointers for parents and a row of possible games / exercises for children - my daughter doesn't like maths and this hasn't helped her.

Rainbow Magic Weather Fairies Collection 7 Books Pack Set (Series 8 to 14) RRP £27.93 ( Crystal the Snow Fairy, Abigail the Breeze Fairy, Pearl the Cloud Fairy, Goldie the Sunshine Fairy, Evie the Mist Fairy, Storm the Lightning , Hayley the Rain ) (Rainbow Magic Weather)
by Daisy Meadows

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a great fan, but my 6 year old daughter absolutely ..., 16 Jan. 2016
I'm not a great fan, but my 6 year old daughter absolutely LOVED it. It's got a bit of adventure, a bit of repetition, a bit of magic and a happy ending each time and it's just the right length.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Jan. 2016
The children loved it. It's big, bright, colourful and the pictures behind each door just right.

Big Book of Science Things to Make and Do (Usborne Activities)
Big Book of Science Things to Make and Do (Usborne Activities)
by Rebecca Gilpin

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, entertaining and imaginative, 28 Oct. 2015
Easy, entertaining and imaginative. My six year old can more or less do the little projects on her own and has loved this book. It's one of her favorites.

Mrs Pepperpot Stories (Red Fox Summer Reading Collections)
Mrs Pepperpot Stories (Red Fox Summer Reading Collections)
by Alf Proysen

5.0 out of 5 stars My six year old has loved them and giggled quite a bit, 28 Oct. 2015
Lovely old fashioned stories. My six year old has loved them and giggled quite a bit!

The Octonauts and the Frown Fish
The Octonauts and the Frown Fish
by Meomi

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Oct. 2015
My 6 year old and 4 year old both love these stories - books and DVDs alike!

Rainbow Magic - Series 1 Colour Fairies Collection 7 Books Pack Set (Books 1 to 7 - Titles Are Ruby The Red Fairy, Amber The Orange Fairy, Saffron The Yellow Fairy, Fern The Green Fairy, Sky The Blue Fairy, Izzy The Indigo Fairy, Heather The Violet Fairy)
by Daisy Meadows

5.0 out of 5 stars My 6 year old loves these books. We have ..., 28 Oct. 2015
My 6 year old loves these books. We have read all of them in less than a week and she's trying to read them on her own now!

The Fairytale Hairdresser and the Little Mermaid
The Fairytale Hairdresser and the Little Mermaid
by Abie Longstaff

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 28 Oct. 2015
My 6 year old did not enjoy this book. Not sure why, but there we go.

Reading Lesson: Teach Your Child to Read in 20 Easy Lessons
Reading Lesson: Teach Your Child to Read in 20 Easy Lessons
by Michael Levin

4.0 out of 5 stars This works!, 28 Oct. 2015
This method works. My eldest is reading really well and my 4 year old is making huge progress.

We live in France and so I'm teaching my 6 year old and 4 year old to read with this book (+ Alphablocks DVD + Read it Yourself Ladybird Collection + a couple of other books - but really it's this one that is teaching them how to read.)

I've only put 4 stars because:
1) my 6 year old finds it "boring" (There is a LOT of repetition - so we don't always read all the pages).
2) Most of it is incredible logical, but other things less so or are not explained ("his" is read with a 'z' sound at the end).
3) Frustratingly the book is mostly written in fragments. I'm not sure why there are so few complete sentences until about half way through the book. (Articles such as "the" and "a" could easily be added here and there but they are not - and my children tend to just add them all the same which then bothers me because I try and teach them to read what's written and not what they imagine ought to be written!

But these are just small caveats.
This method works!

Signstek 200 LED Solar Fairy String Lights 7 Function Mode Multi Colour for Christmas Wedding Party Decor
Offered by Victory Cyber Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 10 Dec. 2014
These fairy lights are soft (they won't hurt your eyes). They are easy to set up and switch on and off automatically. The children love them and I really like the colours.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4