Profile for HF > Reviews

Content by HF

HF "music lover" (London, UK)

Lungs
Lungs
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness, 3 Sep 2009
This review is from: Lungs (Audio CD)
At last an album to make me interested in music again. I have had a couple of babies recently and have therefore been out of music for a while trying to cope with all that! I have just got back into it all again and thought I would start by buying up some hyped up albums. Loads of them have got 1-2 good songs and the rest is quite frankly rubbish. Then I put Florence and the Machine on and WOW. An album I can listen through and appreciate EVERY SONG. Haven't had that for a while.

People were commenting that Lily Allen didn't get nominated for a Mercury Music Award. Well thank goodness. If you put this album side by side with Lily's new album (which does have a couple of good songs), they are a complete world apart. Florence is deeper and more rich by far.

Enjoy it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2009 8:36 AM GMT

Raising Babies: Why Your Love is Best
Raising Babies: Why Your Love is Best
by Steve Biddulph

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last, 9 Dec 2008
At last, some proper evidence backing up what my heart always told me. I put my son into nursery for 6 months when he was 9 months old and hated every day leaving him. This was despite the nursery claiming he was absolutely fine, and friends saying that it was 'good for him' because he was socially interacting. What a load of marketing rubbish. He did not socialise with the other children at age 9 months. He was sitting there crying wanting someone he knew, trusted and loved to care for him.

This book is brilliant because it makes people (note, not just mums...) with children assess their priorities. It has certainly made me assess mine. What is more important for 3 years of my life - my child at a stage where he is desperate for his mummy, or my career. Well I certainly know what I would choose.

This book backs up this feeling with concrete evidence. Wonder why society is experiencing problems today. Read this book.

Surfer Rosa & Come On Pilgrim
Surfer Rosa & Come On Pilgrim

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best album ever!!!, 18 Oct 2008
Bought this when I was in my teens (am now 34 with 2 kids!!) and I still LOVE it. I used to listen to it on my way to sixth form college and thought then that I would find loads of albums as good as this as I got older. I didn't (well apart from Radiohead's OK Computer which is my other favourite album). It takes a few listens (I must have listened to it 500 times!) but it never goes stale.