Profile for dragonlady > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Blackspur BB-HA105 Storage Hook Set
Blackspur BB-HA105 Storage Hook Set

3.0 out of 5 stars General purpose hooks, 29 Nov. 2013
An odd little selection of hooks. Not very big but they di d what I needed them to do.
I don't think they would withstand heavy items

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than white plastic hooks, 29 Nov. 2013
I have these in my bathroom. They are easy to install and look great, blending in with all the chrome taps etc

Vax S6 Home Master Steam Cleaner
Vax S6 Home Master Steam Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement for my little steamer, 29 Nov. 2013
This machine is fabulous. It does take a while longer than my old one to heat up but the steam control on the handle is a bonus. The adjustable steam control is great and the there are enough tools for just about any job.
Great for cleaning off the baked on stuff in the oven and swooshing out that horrible area inside your washing machine when you take the soap drawer out!
Brings shower tiles up a treat and as for the inside of the loo.........no more rubber gloves,chemicals and elbow grease under the rim!!!!
My next trial is steaming the bedroom curtains...........
I would recommend paying that little extra for this version

Melitta E970-103 Caffeo CI One-Touch Fully Automatic Coffee Maker with My Coffee Memory and Milk System - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The best coffee maker I've ever had!, 30 Sept. 2013
If you are an avid coffee lover like me then you know how frustrating it can be while you wait for the coffee to brew in the cafetierre or come to the boil in the Italian style makers, or for the water to heat up again so that you can froth up your milk under the nozzle of your 'all in one' maker.
Well, allow me to let you in on a secret........... THE MELITTA CAFFEO IS WONDERFUL!!! No more waiting, watching, faffing around with filter papers, grinding OR frothing cos this sweet thing does it all for you in a couple of minutes.
Yes, it's true. Just fill up with beans (you can have two on the go at the same time); fill up the water reserve (it has it's own filter cartridge); fill up the milk jug; press the button that will deliver you your perfect espresso, cappuccino or latte and watch it works it's magic. It's not too noisy either, even when it's grinding your beans.
And when you are done it reminds you to give it a clean..........and that's just another quick button press!
Even the other half will be able to rustle you up a coffee without a hint of a moan or a sigh!
Oh, and if you fancy a change then it will deliver hot water for a cuppa and frothy milk for hot chocolate or Horlicks.
OK, it's not cheap but as long as it is reliable (yet to be confirmed as I've only had it a week) then it is well worth it and, let's say it, "You're worth it too"!! :-)

Silverline 260333 TCT Circular Saw Blades 20, 24, 40T 3-Pack 190 x 16 - no ring
Silverline 260333 TCT Circular Saw Blades 20, 24, 40T 3-Pack 190 x 16 - no ring

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 30 Sept. 2013
Just what my partner wanted to replace the one that lasted just one cut! We always check out Silverline products. They usually give great value for money

Pacific International PacTool International SA903 2-Piece Gecko Gauge Hardi Board Siding Gauges

5.0 out of 5 stars Gecko guages are amazing!, 1 July 2013
How anyone can put up cement boards or wooden shed boards without these GECKO GUAGES is mad! We bought these when we built our Marleyboard (cement fibre board) workshop and they are amazing.

They take all the guesswork out of setting the boards and, it's true, just one person can put up the boards. No bits of timber and chalk lines needed. No need to have a second person to hold the board while you nail. You can put the board on to measure the length accurately and slip it back into place to nail. We used an air nailer which means you can nail a single board in less than a minute!

The adjustment on them is fantastic and so simple and quick. When we reached the top of the build and didn't want to cut a whole board lengthways we simply adjusted the gecko guages so that the overlap took up the extra!

OK, the GECKO GUAGES are not cheap (because they come all the way from the USA) but they are an absolute must.

It's about time the UK made something like this at a reasonable price.

By the way, I'm a 50+ yr old female and these GECKO GUAGES worked for me!

PAIN RELIEF PEN PAIN GONE
PAIN RELIEF PEN PAIN GONE

3.0 out of 5 stars RSI in my thumb!!, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: PAIN RELIEF PEN PAIN GONE
I got the unit to relieve back pain and wrist pain but my thumb goes numb as I need to depress the button so many times for it to take effect. iI does works though I have to keep repeating the 'treatment' many times a day when the pain is bad.

Duronic TVB109M Universal 32"-60" LCD/Plasma/LED TV Wall Mount Bracket Philips Swivel & Tilt plus Free Screen Cleaning Kit
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Clearer installation instructions needed, 26 Dec. 2012
Now I can swing the TV round to watch it comfortably while I'm ironing. It's easy to position once you adjust the screws a little. Installing it wasn't a big problem except the instructions say nothing about how to position it centrally on a narrow wall (eg a chimney breast, like we have). Once the TV was put up onto the bracket it sat about 6" off centre due to the way it folds up. Come on Duronic, put a template or something in with the instructions!!

Panasonic ES2067 - Wet & Dry Shaver Triple Disc (Our ref: ES2067)
Panasonic ES2067 - Wet & Dry Shaver Triple Disc (Our ref: ES2067)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent epilator, 4 July 2012
Opening the box I was confronted with the scariest looking epilator I've ever seen.............but don't be put off. This is the quietest, gentlest epilator I've ever used (and I've tried every type in the past 20yrs!!). My legs don't itch nor go all pimply like with my last device and it seems to do the job a bit quicker too. Although it's still a bit uncomfortable epilating my armpits it does seem to have got less painful now that I've been using the Panasonic ES2067 a while. My advice would be to use it 2 or 3 times a week for a couple of months and then maintain those beautifully smooth legs & pits as necessary.
It's easy to use and the extras in this kit are great too-no more top lip waxing for me now! (yes, you can use the small head for facial hair removal)
I've yet to try the 'wet' method but I'm sure I'll have no complaints there either.
All in all I'd give this a 9 out of 10 (it loses the single point as it's not that easy to target odd hairs with the rotating disc heads as with a straight head epilator)
If you've not used an epilator before I'd recommend this model.
Great price, does what it should, quiet, gentle and ergonomically good too. I'd love it in pink though!!

VonHaus PREMIUM Slim TV Wall Bracket for 33 - 60 inch LCD, LED & Plasma TV. Super-strength Load Capacity up to 75KG, 15 degree Tilt mechanism up/down, Max VESA 660x450
Offered by Designer Habitat

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain!, 26 Feb. 2012
We found this bracket at an amazing knock-down price and it arrived in no time at all. It was just what we wanted for our 37" TV although we changed our mind and have fitted a 42" TV onto it with just a little adjustment to the vertical supports. That was how we discovered just how versatile this bit of kit is.
It was easy to install and is easy to mount the TV (except of course for the weight of the TV so watch out if you're installing it quite high up!). Just one word of warning-do not trust the built-in level bubble, use your own spirit level to double check positioning.
Great value for money and does just what it was designed for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3