Profile for Jackie Taylor > Reviews

Content by Jackie Taylor

Jackie Taylor

Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Standard Jigsaw Accessory (1000 Pieces)
Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Standard Jigsaw Accessory (1000 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy for keen puzzlers, 27 Jan. 2014
I am extremely pleased with this portapuzzle board it is well made with two excellent large removable mats for sorting pieces, which are placed over the uncompleted jigsaw to help to prevent movement when the item is closed. The top & bottom wide velcro fastenings work really well (although they are quite a challenge to open!) as does the strip across the closed side pieces, enabling the board to be tilted as required to move through doorways etc carrying it. When reopening the jigsaw board it is brilliant to find all pieces exactly where they were left which was not my experience when buying a far more expensive portapuzzle board. A very good product at a very reasonable price :-)

Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Pro Jigsaw Puzzle Accessory (Up to 1000 Pieces)
Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Pro Jigsaw Puzzle Accessory (Up to 1000 Pieces)
Offered by AllJigsawPuzzles

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing & expensive product not fit for purpose, 27 Jan. 2014
By choosing this Portapuzzle board I expected to be able to close it up & transport my uncompleted jigsaw from room to room in a vertical position, as the information blurb gave the impression this was possible. NO you definitely cannot do this! No matter how carefully you follow the scant instructions the only pieces that remain intact & in place are those around the outside edge, any completed sections not secured to the completed outside edges of the jigsaw slide to the bottom of the portapuzzle mat where they separate. This puzzle board is not fit for purpose & a waste of money.

Octonauts Octopod Playset
Octonauts Octopod Playset

4.0 out of 5 stars A big hit with my grandson, 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Octonauts Octopod Playset (Toy)
I wasn't sure about purchasing this item due to the mixed reviews, however my grandson is very into the Octonauts and so I decided to take the risk. It was a huge success and he loves playing with it.

His dad said the stickers were a bit fiddly to put on but it's a one-off chore.

Other reviews criticize the need to buy more accessories to complete the set, however that really isn't necessary as there is much fun to be had with the supplied items. I may make further Octonauts purchases later if he still enjoys watching the show and his attention hasn't wandered to another programme.

Fisher-Price My Stroll & Play Walker
Fisher-Price My Stroll & Play Walker

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 26 Dec. 2013
A good product for my granddaughter who loves it, and it will help her walk independently. The product does take a fair bit of putting together as some of the screws are tricky owing to their position.

Boss Construction Helmet - Childs Hard-hat
Boss Construction Helmet - Childs Hard-hat
Offered by Mytoyfactory

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a hat!, 26 Dec. 2013
There isn't a lot to say about this other than that I bought it as a companion to the "Tool Carrycase" and my grandson is very happy with both. He does insist that Granny wears it from time to time ("Granny is the boss!").

Jake and The Never Land Pirates Splashin Bucky Bath Toy
Jake and The Never Land Pirates Splashin Bucky Bath Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 26 Dec. 2013
My grandson couldn't get up the stairs fast enough on Christmas night to have his night-time bath. In fact, on that basis alone it would get 5 stars! He seems to have lots of fun and it can entertain him for hours (if we let him).

Presumptive Conundrums: Rhetorical Math Questions + Answers: 2
Presumptive Conundrums: Rhetorical Math Questions + Answers: 2
by Craig Conley

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish, 26 Dec. 2013
I bought this as a gift for my son who likes puzzles, but the following is his view on the book:

The most expensive roll of toilet paper I have ever received - these "conundrums" don't even make sense, although they might possibly do so to someone with a PhD or higher in Mathematics.

Chuggington Wilson's Lift and Load Playset
Chuggington Wilson's Lift and Load Playset
Offered by modelstore

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Dec. 2013
A real disappointment for me, although my (almost) 3 year old grandson seems to enjoy it.

While the packaging gives the impression that the included train (Wilson) will speak whenever it approaches any of the included models it actually only speaks when approaching the crane. The crane itself does not grip the items well, nor does it turn easily. The crane arm does not pivot. This is a source of frustration for my grandson.

The models accompanying the track do not attach, they simply rest of the edge of the track and are prone to being knocked over. I mistakenly thought that being battery operated the train would move independently, but it does not. It needs to be pushed.

All in all, I wish I had purchased "Thomas the Tank Engine" branded toys as they are far more reliable and well thought out.