Profile for F. Smith > Reviews

Content by F. Smith

F. Smith (Norwich England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Tall Poppies
Tall Poppies
by Louise Bagshawe

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written and well researched ....., 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tall Poppies (Paperback)
I enjoyed this story,it was different and it was clearly very well researched and put together. Personally i found all the skiing jargon a bit of a bore but thats just my personal opinion not being very interested in sport but i liked the character of Elizabeth. I loved the main baddy character the Lord .. he was great and i enjoyed the story of Nina and how she came from nothing to a successful business woman. It was just the skiing stuff that spoiled it for me and when the author went into detail about that i had to skim over it, too much if you're not particularly interested in skiing technicalities!!!

One Day in May
One Day in May
by Catherine Alliott

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite of hers .. and a stupid twist that i hated!!!, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: One Day in May (Paperback)
errrrrm i'm a bit confused about this book as its very heavy dark in places then light and fluffy in others, its like she couldn't decide what path to take. I hated the twist with Steffy i thought it was horrible and really couldn't understand it - also i cant believe who she ended up with? is she crazy ??? i just found it all a bit odd to be honest. I really enjoyed the flash backs to the MP and then her overseas work and don't get me wrong - it was very well written and the language was a bit more intellectual than normal. I just thought it was a bit of a strange story i general. Not sure if in would recommend this to a friend to be honest.

The Kingmaker's Daughter (Cousins War 4)
The Kingmaker's Daughter (Cousins War 4)
by Philippa Gregory

4.0 out of 5 stars One of her best for a while ......, 20 Sep 2013
I have just finished this one and enjoyed it more than White Queen and Red Queen. I thinks that a personal thing though because i liked the character better than the other two. I have just watched the TV show so its good to read Anne's full story not just her tit bits for the tv show. I will look forward to the White Princess now ...

Airs and Graces
Airs and Graces
by Erica James

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked it but didn't love it ..little annoying in places., 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: Airs and Graces (Paperback)
On the whole i did enjoy this story, but i felt it was very unrealistic in places. I agree with another comment that the characters Bonkers and Susie were silly and annoying ... the old lady character was unusual and a bit odd in places but i actually liked her and there were some very touching and sad moments in her story which had me in tears. I felt the main character Ellen was a bit irritating and at times i wanted to get into the book and punch her!!!!!!!!!! she couldn't see the wood for the trees and it was getting on my nerves, so very glad that she finally sorted herself out and realised who the right person to marry in the end!
This is only the second Erica James book I've read, I have read The Holiday before this which i thought was better and more believable and have lent to friends. Not sure if i would recommend this one to be honest .. having said that it was very well written and the plot sure was different.

Lotus
Lotus

3.0 out of 5 stars The singles are really good but album tracks are a bit poor in my opinion, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lotus (Audio CD)
I am an avid CA fan but im not over keen on this CD. I find myself skipping through the tracks and just listening to the singles, its not a patch on Stripped or Back to Basics. Although i do think that Your Body is probably THE best CA single ever. Worth the CD purchase just for that one song.

Sugababes Tease Pink Eau De Toilette Spray for Women 100ml
Sugababes Tease Pink Eau De Toilette Spray for Women 100ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet smelling, fresh and light., 3 Sep 2013
I bought this for a cheap and cheerful work perfume, i didn't know what it smelled like but took a gamble for under £7 for 100ml!
I was very pleased with it and its actually perfect for work as its light and sweet and very refreshing. Its more like a spritz than a perfume to be fair, but its very good value for money. i would buy this again for a cheap everyday light smell when you dont want to waste your expensive good ones.

Scandalous
Scandalous
by Tilly Bagshawe

5.0 out of 5 stars My new fave writer!!!!, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Scandalous (Paperback)
I have just finished this booked and felt it necessary to jump on Amazon to rate it straight away! I REALLY enjoyed this and finished it with in a week .... couldn't read it fast enough. Best story i've read in a long time. Don't want to say too much and give the story away, but you need to read this !!!!

Paul Smith Extreme Eau de Toilette Spray for Men - 100 ml
Paul Smith Extreme Eau de Toilette Spray for Men - 100 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells Divine!!!!!, 22 Aug 2013
I got this for my husband for his birthday recently, it smells great and the price is fab too. You can get a really good sized bottle for not much at all!! great stocking filler as they would say!

L'Oreal Glam Bronze Medium Walk on The Wild Side Instinct Bronzing Powder 7.5g Number 302

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bronzer!!!!!!!!, 22 Aug 2013
Really good bronzer, blends well and not too dark or too orange. For the price i would say this is as good as Lamcome or similar.

Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Freed
by E. L. James
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable finish to the saga, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Fifty Shades Freed (Audio CD)
I enjoyed this book the most of the 3, it had a bit more substance than the other 2 and Anna was less annoying than in the other 2! the Epilogue though was awful and cheesy and i thought it spoiled it, it was so unrealistic it was silly. I actually enjoyed the glimps into Christians live before Anna more than the actual book so i hope the author writes more books about Mr Grey himself in his younger years.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18