Profile for Caz Tricks > Reviews

Content by Caz Tricks

Caz Tricks "Caz Tricks" (England)

Somewhere South Of Heaven
Somewhere South Of Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 26 May 2013
How can an album have a mixture of tracks with flavours of folk, rock, funk, country and blue grass and still really work?
Like this!
Somewhere South of Heaven is a beautiful album with intelligent, cutting lyrics, wonderful love songs and an amazing company of musicians supporting Winch. I am a big fan of Steve's first album Small Town Adventures in Hi-Fi so I'd recommend you buy both!
Steve has been a guest on my Secklow Sounds radio shows and I have seen him play live many times - can't recommend him highly enough. So do yourself a favour and get buying.
Caz Tricks

The Family Trap
The Family Trap
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story, funny and moving and credible characters, 21 May 2013
This review is from: The Family Trap (Kindle Edition)
Joanne Phillips writes another cracking story, I love the characters and can see this as a TV film. Buy this and Can't Live Without too. Very highly recommended.

Don't Tell A Man About His Woman
Don't Tell A Man About His Woman
Price: 0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great track., 2 Mar 2013
I have been looking for this for a while, my dad played it when I was a child and I always loved the lyrics. The whole album this track is on is wonderful.
If you like this, try Billy Eckstein too.

Spanish Guitar Recital
Spanish Guitar Recital
Price: 4.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Es perfecto!, 6 Nov 2011
This review is from: Spanish Guitar Recital (Audio CD)
The music on this CD is beautifully played, the mix of songs is really well balanced and, as someone who wants to emigrate to Mallorca I was particularly pleased with the opening track. Relaxing and engaging.

Shakespeare The Bard Game
Shakespeare The Bard Game

2.0 out of 5 stars A game with promise but is over fussy!, 6 Nov 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Shakespeare The Bard Game (Toy)
This has been vastly over thought, it's too fiddly, too fussy. Could be vastly improved with trimming down.
In essence it could work but there are too many silly bits. The quotes and 'to do' bits are great but it needs to be cleaned up.
The educational side of it would be more useful and have got more stars from me without the fiddly bits. It could be used in GCSE and A Level classes if it was 'tidier'.
The board folds in the wrong way too.
Lose the daft coins and the need to 'stage' plays, utilise the Shakespeare in it, have a few drinks and enjoy!

Dylan Moran Live - What It Is [DVD]
Dylan Moran Live - What It Is [DVD]
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Man is Genius, 7 Jan 2010
My son is the Moran fan and has sat me through Black Books more than once but luckily I loved it. He also frequently comes to me with laptop in hand telling I 'just have to see this bit on YouTube' and it is always funny. So for my son's 18th I spent a fortune taking him to the live show as a surprise and it was fabulous. I then bought the DVD as a Christmas pressie and was concerned that it would be mostly what we'd seen in the live show - it wasn't and that is one of the reasons this is such a great DVD (and why I had to give the whole preamble). I am not a great fan of stand up DVDs but this is a real treat. Moran is clever, witty and throughly engaging. BUY IT!

Jazz Legends - Classic Songs & Smooth Sounds for Late Night Listening
Jazz Legends - Classic Songs & Smooth Sounds for Late Night Listening
Price: 4.70

3.0 out of 5 stars More than NICE, 30 Oct 2009
This is a delightful collection of great jazz tracks, not the usual well known ones and a fabulous selection of artists. Highly recommended.

Listos! 3 Rojo Pupil Book (Listos for 14-16)
Listos! 3 Rojo Pupil Book (Listos for 14-16)
by Mike Calvert
Price: 17.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Listos Bale, 30 Oct 2009
We had to order this for our GCSE Spanish. It is okay for young people as there are lots of images but I found it too messy. One's eyes are drawn all over the page rather than having an 'order' to follow as in the Suenos book. Quite good but could be so much better.