ARRAY(0xa6a5fee8)

Page: 1 | 2
The X Files - The Complete Collector's Edition [DVD]
The X Files - The Complete Collector's Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Duchovny
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.
Price: 103.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Box Set - Great Price!, 25 Jan 2010
I have to say that this boxset is an utter bargain for anyone who just wants the entire collection of The X Files on DVD, including the 1998 movie as well! With 202 episodes and a feature length movie, I think I can safely say that I am pretty well booked up to watch all those episodes for the next year to get through the TV series. I think its worth my time though, because this is a trully exceptional TV series.

I haven't seem the entire series yet, as I've just seen a handful of episodes scattered across the first three seasons of the show. I have now purchased the whole collection for under 70, which I believe is a great price. Good on you Amazon.co.uk.

I currently find myself near the end of the first season, but already I am steadily enjoying the experience, anticipating even better seasons to come. I have to say that for show that started back in 1993 (I was only two years old) it has some great gritty, but 'high-budget' feel factor even the first season. It is true to say that the first season is certainly not the best because that standard of the show is around the time of the middle seasons (4,5 and 6).

You'll certainly find some gems in the first season such as "Squeeze", "Ice" and "Beyond the Sea". There are also several bad ones, the worst being "The Jersey Devil", "Space" and "Born Again" so far in my case. The fact is if you are a fan of The X Files wanting to get to know the series again, this boxset is the best option you could go for in all honesty. Alternatively you could purchase the individual seasons so you can watch the series in 'smaller' chunks (In my opinion, this is the logical choice to own the entire collection for a 'very' decent price). Take your pick, it's your choice!

Sony PlayStation 2 Console
Sony PlayStation 2 Console
Offered by Talbot Media
Price: 119.95

5.0 out of 5 stars PlayStation 2 brings back memories of childhood in its PRIME!!, 11 Dec 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I remember those wintry, wet and cold days about 4, 5 or 6 years ago and I suddenly think about my PlayStation 2 which was such a fantastic enjoyment in my life of a child in essense. Amazingly this console is still sitting in my bedroom 7 years on after I recieved it as that inbelievable christmas present in 2002; I was 11 years old at the time. Well, seven years on and I don't play on the console as much as I have in the past, infact I could almost say that I probably now go weeks without touching the thing but deep down this console has served me well and it'd be strange without the PlayStation 2 sitting in my bedroom because its been there for as long as I can remember in recent memory. I remember I used to play on this console quite a lot and I was really into my racing and star wars games when I was about 12, 13 and 14. Nowadays I am much hotter on my football games but generally I don't even play games so much anymore because I've neither got time nor effort to do so anymore.

For anybody considering to buy this console I would seriously recommend just that indeed. If you can afford a PlayStation 3 then I would probably go for that anyway. However if your on a tight budget and many of us are these days and you simply cannot afford the PS3 then the PS2 would be the logical choice to make; its cheap, its got stacks of games and the graphics on this thing for many of the games are still very good even by todays standards and finally there are STILL games being released for the PS2 despite the fact that the PS3 has been on the market for the nearly the last 3 years now.

This is a fantastic gaming machine that makes me feel very nostalgic but happy in equal measure.

Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back (Limited Edition) [DVD]
Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back (Limited Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Hamill
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA
Price: 23.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Film - The Best of the Originals!, 14 Nov 2009
Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back was an incredibly powerful movie which took the Star Wars methology to a whole new level. The thing I did notice in this movie was the evil Vader whom makes a much darker appearance in this second original movie (fifth chronologically). In Episode IV Vader seemed to be pushed around like a lost muppet but this time around he's the one making the orders and no admiral dare stand in his way. The revelation at the end between Vader and Luke was powerful as well and reflected the darkness of this film which makes Episode IV look like a christmas fairytale. This doesn't mean the movie is "that" dark through. It has plenty of comical moments that keeps the movie toned down a little so it could still make a successful impression among younger audiences. The very nature of the film is that it is the middle chapter of a trilogy so it does tend to set up much of the events of the next movie. The one thing I like about this movie is that at the end the Empire have almost swiftly beaten the Rebellion to a point where they are a desperate people.

I would probably say this is the best movie of the original trilogy. It is the darkest but it is the most successful and most believable entry in my opinion. Its got FIVE big stars from me!

Watch this, "It is Your Destiny!".

Star Wars IV: A New Hope (Limited Edition) [DVD]
Star Wars IV: A New Hope (Limited Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Hamill
Offered by Films and Figures
Price: 18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Classic Star Wars : Fantastic Milestone in the series!, 12 Nov 2009
I have finally decided to watch all six films (in order of release dates) and see what I make of the finished article that is George Lucas's Saga. I saw all the prequels at the cinemas. As I'm only 18 just now I hadn't seen any of the originals other than on the old VHS tapes and then on the 2004 edition DVD's.

I must admit that this first film has a fantastic 'feel-good' factor about it, and that is right from the start. You get sucked straight into the action from the beginning between the Empire and the Rebellion and that incredibly gloomy entrance made by Darth Vader for the first time is simply spell-binding. By no means can I ever see any future villain in the science fiction genre be as powerful or strong as vader was, if there were any contenders then it would certainly be very difficult to topple vader in my opinion. The Death Star is another powerful presence that most certainly works in this movie and Grand Moff Tarkin played brilliantly by Peter Cushing leads this film along with Alec Guinness who plays Obi Wan.

The feeling of this movie is light in tone but thats the whole magic of the thing. Don't get me wrong, this is not a PERFECT movie. Contrary to it's incredible success in 1977 when cinematically realeased it does have little problems which George Lucas tried twice I believe to perfect (1997 and then again in 2004) the trilogy in time for the much glossy, polished prequels. If you haven't seen any of Star Wars movies then A New Hope is actually a great place to begin you Star Wars experience. The logical place, I know, is Episode I and I know most people would recommend that. In my opinion however I believe Episode IV is the best place to start if you are completely new. This way you can marvel at a great old movie that was ahead in leaps and bound back in '77.

I would like to conclude that A New Hope is the most special, most gracious adition and I am really looking forward to sitting down and watching Episode V. As Vader so said "The Force is strong with this one!"

Samsung E250 Black Mobile Phone **Sim Free**Unlocked**Video Camera**FM Radio!
Samsung E250 Black Mobile Phone **Sim Free**Unlocked**Video Camera**FM Radio!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for its lasting lifestyle and simple structure!, 30 Aug 2009
FROM MATTHEW BURNS:

OK. This is the phone which I currently own. First I'd just like to make it clear that this phone is perfect for people who just want a phone which does your basic text

ing and the voice calls. I'd had it for my 16th Birthday on October 3rd, 2007. That makes my phone nearly two years old now, and believe me, if I was like my peers I'd have had probably 3 or 4 mobile phones in that time-period AT LEAST!

This phone has definably served me well in this time and I would recommend it to people who just want a basic mobile phone that you can take with you wherever you might find yourself. Its certainly not top-of-range now because its a few years old but it will benefit people who have a limited knowledge of a mobile phones, or perhaps people who simply want a mobile phone to talk to people without any fancy, fancy extras.

I am 18 in just over a month and I will be probably taking out a mobile-phone contract for a bran-spanking new phone as my phone has begun to take a few scratches and a bit of wear-and-tear. I can say that it'll be given to my younger sister for her Birthday as she turns 13 this coming month to give my phone another good year or maybe even a couple more years of use before its time is up.

Finally - Look, if your the kind of person who doesn't want to keep changing their phone every time the next 'top-of-the-range' phone is out then I think this is the phone for you. If its anything like my phone then it will last several years without any problems. I do hope I've helped anybody contemplating to buy this phone! I don't think you'd regret it.

Star Trek Ships of the Line Official 2009 Calendar -Square Wall
Star Trek Ships of the Line Official 2009 Calendar -Square Wall
by Andrews McMeel Publishing UK Ltd
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek "Ships of the Line" Calendar - 2009, 17 Aug 2009
I am fairly late reviewing this year's 'Must Have' Star Trek calendar. However that doesn't necessarily mean it's any less quality perfected in comparison to previous calendars of this brand. This is my third consecutive "ships of the line" calendar (2007, 2008 and now 2009) and I must say that this is perhaps 'on par' with 2008. 2007 was good but not actually brilliant with several 'duds' in my opinions, particularly the Dec 07. However I was very impressed with last year's and again this year. I did initially have a look at all the pictures for 2009 although I can't remember every single one because I'm trying to think back all the way back to late December. So far my favourite month is August. To be honest, the only nag I have about this year's version is that the overall calendar is a little too dark. So far August actually breathes a little life into the calendar after so many dark a vivid pictures before. I believe the following artwork is also dark (Now I know that everyone is struggling financially in these hard/dark/uncertain times, but really, a light/er balance in the calendar would have been much appreciated. Hopefully this'll happen for the 2010 version...). Anyway I'm sure anyone who has obtained this calendar will be pretty pleased with this edition. My advice for anyone who is considering to collect these calendar; go and get one (Personally though I would now pre-order next year's edition.)

2009 RATING AT A GLANCE:

8 / 10 FOR THE ARTWORK
6 / 10 FOR THE ACTUAL CALENDAR GRID (NUMBERS)

Final Thought: It's a great calendar and I am generally very pleased with it. I do hope that next year we get a few lighter, more exotic images and not just a whole load of dark one's. I am impressed overall and it most certainly is as good as the previous two I have had previously.

York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case
York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Hoping it Helps a little..., 2 Jan 2009
Well, I started looking for some Dumbells just recently and I finally found some that were in my price range and also provided a reasonable challenge for myself.

Amazon.co.uk have provided an excellent service; I ordered these on the 31st December and they arrived at my Doorstep on the morning of January 2nd. I immediatly tried the Dumbells out and they definatly gave me a challenge for the coming days. Hopefully this will help me to 'build me up' just a little more. If these work then it's money worth spent!

Star Trek: Voyager - Season 2 [DVD] [1996]
Star Trek: Voyager - Season 2 [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Kate Mulgrew

4.0 out of 5 stars Adventurous ... Maybe a little to Adventurous, 9 Oct 2008
The second season of Voyager was very well done most of the time. Infact this was the most adventurous season of the series, very much out of this world... Is it good?

Mostly it is pretty good but I'm afraid you'll find some rather bad ones in this boxset; including "Threshold" which might be the worst episode of this series, but don't let that weight this mostly impressive second season down, you'll definatly want the third season after watching the concluding episode "Basics, Part 1".

Episodes: In Order

The Thaw **
Tuvix ***
Resolutions ****
Basics, Part 1 *****

Overall: The extra's are worth a look and most of the episodes found in this season are quite good; unfortunatly you might find a few you won't care to re-visit anytime soon. (e.g. "Threshold" and "The Thaw".) However the three best episode of the second season I would say are "The 37's , "Death Wish" and "Basics, Part 1".

I hope you'll find some pleasure in watching most of these episodes like I have done before now.

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 2 [DVD] [1990]
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 2 [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Patrick Stewart
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____
Price: 49.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Growing Pains!, 4 Aug 2008
Star Trek: The Next Generation Season Two definatly showed a more comfortable pace than first year, with some great episodes such as "Q-Who?" and "The Measer of a Man" but was let down by episodes like "Loud as a Whisper" and the un-watchable junk that was "Shades of Grey" which were horrible additions and arguably some of the worst episodes of the series. If you are a fan of the show you can't go without getting the second installment in your collection, but it won't be the best you'll get!

Here are the episodes from Season 2:

The Child (***)
Where Silence Has Lease (****)
Elementary, Dear Data (***)
The Outrageous Okona (**)
Loud as a Whisper (*)
The Schizoid Man (**)
Un-natural Selection (**)
A Matter of Honour (****)
The Measure of a Man (*****)
The Dauphin (**)
Manhunt (**)
The Emissary (***)
Peak Performance (****)
Shades of Grey (*)

A Mixed Bag but overall some good episodes; be warned the season climax that was "Shades of Grey" is exceptionally bad and don't let that turn you off the show as the third season is so much better.

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 1 [DVD] [1990]
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 1 [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Patrick Stewart
Price: 11.25

4.0 out of 5 stars In the Beginning..., 4 Aug 2008
Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 was both good and bad. The pivital episode obviously would be the first "Encounter at Farpoint" which was a two-part episode when we met Q for the first time and get to be introduced to all the TNG Characters who will go on to get so much better later in the series.

Basically if you are a big fan of the show then you'd just couldn't not buy this box-set. Although the show get's much better, this first season still has its memorable moments.

Highlights of Season One of Star Trek: The Next Generation:

Encounter at Farpoint - Q puts humaninity on trial.
Datalore - Data discovers that he has a brother named Lore.
The Big Goodbye - The Holodeck puts the crew in danger.
Conspiracy - Picard discovers that things are not all that they seem in starfleet!

Page: 1 | 2