Profile for shelbell > Reviews

Content by shelbell

shelbell (Leeds)

Page: 1 | 2
Jake & the Neverland Pirates - Adventure Awaits! (Jake Neverland Pirates)
Jake & the Neverland Pirates - Adventure Awaits! (Jake Neverland Pirates)
by Dalmatian Press

2.0 out of 5 stars Not expecting a colouring book, 26 Sept. 2013
I suppose the crayons should have given it away but I thought this was a story book with activities inside but actually it is only a colouring book. Cheap quality paper & crayons. I wanted to use this as a birthday present for a 3 year old Jake fan but I would have been embarrassed to give this as a gift. Instead I bought a Jake activity set from Tesco for £3.50 which had loads more & was much better value.

The Baby-led Weaning Cookbook: Over 130 delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy
by Gill Rapley

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for family kitchens, 23 Nov. 2011
I have bought this as a gift for my sister in law but I wished I had used it. It has a brief explanation of the the principles of BLW & some great family recipies that you can all enjoy. A must for family kitchens.

The Penguin Book of Baby Names
The Penguin Book of Baby Names
by David Pickering

4.0 out of 5 stars Came in useful, 23 Nov. 2011
When we were expecting our baby I would flick through this most nights looking at names. I am glad I bought it however it is not particularly necessary as there are a lot of websites that have baby names.

The book has very clear text & has a variety of names. It has already been passed along to my sister in law for her child so I'm sure it will get used in the family for a while.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Board Book and Block Set
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Board Book and Block Set
by Eric Carle

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I expected, 23 Nov. 2011
I suppose I should have known better based on the price, but I was disappointed to find that the blocks are cardboard. I bought this as a christening gift, I do not doubt that the 1 year old it has been bought for will destroy the blocks pretty quickly. I am glad I also bought the very hungry caterpiller finger puppet book too.

The board book itself is good quality & a good nostalgic story to share with your child.

Playtime Puppy (Snuggle Puppet)
Playtime Puppy (Snuggle Puppet)
by Emma Goldhawk

5.0 out of 5 stars A great family read, 23 Nov. 2011
We have the Snuggle Bunny version of this book & it is great. I have been reading it to my son since he was 6 months old & he loves watching the puppet move. I bought playtime puppy as a gift for a friends baby. It is good quality, bright, colourful & value for money. The item was well packaged & will make a great gift.

BT 150 Digital Baby Monitor
BT 150 Digital Baby Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 20 Aug. 2011
We bought this for our first baby after a lot of research & review reading. We find the monitor works well. The torch is excellent to have when nipping in during the night to check on the little one. It is very light, easy to use & can be used through mains or batteries which means it is easy to take with you when visiting & having over night stays. Downsides, you can hear a lot of static when you lift the parent handset to your ear. Also the parent handset flashes when the temperature is 24 or above which in Turkey became pretty annoying. Also we have never used the lullaby, timer or vibrate functions. But all in all it does the job.

Baa Baa Blackout Blind
Baa Baa Blackout Blind
Offered by House of Toviel

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful Item, 20 Aug. 2011
We bought this to take on holiday abroad & it was brilliant. The cups have strong suction & kept the blind up all day & night even in the heat. We have since used it in the UK when visiting friends & relatives. The item is very compact, light, easy to fold & carry with you. the only problem we have found is that when attaching to smaller windows you cannot adjust the position of the cups to fit the windwow so some light does come in. Other than that a really good buy.

Spot Book and Toy Gift Set
Spot Book and Toy Gift Set
by Eric Hill

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 6 Aug. 2011
Bought as a christening gift. The soft toy was smaller than I expected it to be. Other than that a great nostalgic gift that reminded me of my childhood.

Pack of 12 Baby Toddler Socket Outlet Safety Covers Boxed
Pack of 12 Baby Toddler Socket Outlet Safety Covers Boxed
Offered by Greens & Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 6 Aug. 2011
Very good value for money, much cheaper than supermarket equivalents. Fit UK sockets perfectly. Plain white & very discreet. Does what it says on the tin.

Plan to get Pregnant
Plan to get Pregnant
by Zita West

4.0 out of 5 stars A simple read, 6 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Plan to get Pregnant (Paperback)
A great book to help you make small adjustments to your lifestyle if you are serious about starting a family. It reminded me of a school text book. The information is in small easy to read sections & it is easy to dip in & out if you want to. Some of the information is pretty basic & common sense & can be found on websites such as baby centre but for something as important as starting a family I enjoyed having a book to hand.

Page: 1 | 2