Profile for notthedoctor > Reviews

TRIXES USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Extension Cable Male to Female 1.5M Blue
TRIXES USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Extension Cable Male to Female 1.5M Blue
Offered by Digiflex

3.0 out of 5 stars Loose fit., 31 May 2013
This cable is working fine, but I was/am a wee bit concerned that the female connector is not as tight a fit as i would like. Just feels a bit slack and the joining cable can be pulled out with not very much force. Would not recommend this in an application where the cables are being moved around a lot. But probably fine (time will tell) in a static situation.I have it used as an extension from my laptop to a USB3 back up drive. Good price and looks good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2013 10:22 AM GMT

Umbra Zoola Dog Ring Holder, Chrome
Umbra Zoola Dog Ring Holder, Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, value priced and Top quality - great gift., 11 April 2013
I bought this as a small Valentine gift. My biggest issue was deciding which animal from the range to select! It's solid, heavy for the size. Highly polished finished. Most important she loved it . Handy for women that take off their rings frequently. Place it at the sink or on the dresser.

Men's 100% Soft White Cotton Gloves (Large) x 2 Pairs
Men's 100% Soft White Cotton Gloves (Large) x 2 Pairs
Offered by UK Highland Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable yet robust for general photo lab work., 11 April 2013
As per the title. I bought them for handling photographs and avoiding finger prints. I have not washed them yet but expect them to be fine in a delicate hand wash. Seemed a bit more expensive than some others but I am assuming they will be more reusable and less disposable.

NEEWER® TT520 Flash Speedlite for Canon 50D 40D 30D 20D 1100D, 60D, 600D,NIKON D3100, D7000, D5000, D5100, etc
Offered by iTekLife Global

3.0 out of 5 stars Basically competent but couple of niggles, 11 April 2013
As already documented this is essentially a manual flash, with a light sensor that allows it also to be used as a slave.
Power is easy to adjust. Charging is quiet and quick enough. I tend to use it on 1/4 power or less and it's ready immediately. Have not tried it on rapid fire, just single shot. Two niggles. When first switched on with even fully charged (rechargeable) batteries the ready light flashes to say its not charged/ready. Then if I switch off/on again the light comes on full and it's ready. This happens virtually every time it's first switched on. then it works perfectly.
2nd niggle, the head unit adjusts up (ceiling bounce) smoothly but when returning it to the straight on position it is very stiff. Almost as if something is going to break. But after a couple of weeks of use it has not got any worse. IF I had bought this flash locally I would definitely return it, but for the price it is and the fact that it actually works well for my general usage (as a slave) I cannot be bothered returning it . Is it worth the money? Yes. Would I buy a second ? Probably not.

LightwaveRF Wireless Light & Power on-off Socket Kit (3 Pack) complete with Hand Held Remote - iPhone and Android Smartphone controllable
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional quality well designed product that work perfectly, 20 Jan 2013
One day homes will be designed with this kind of kit built in. They actually look good and are not an embarrassment like the cheapo products you can get from TESCO or maplin etc. all the LW range work together , so the ability to expand units and controls is easy. It looks like Seimens liked the product so much too that they have their own badged versions....sold at B&Q if you want to see them.

If I could suggest to the manufacturer that they bring out ones that could be also controlled by IR so they could also be operated by IR programmable remotes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2013 2:42 PM BST

LightwaveRF Master Group Controller for Wireless Lighting and Power Scenes (wire-free - battery operated) White
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, Smart, professional look and feel, 20 Jan 2013
Looks and feels like a highly professional product. I used to have these cheapo remote switch products that every one from TESCO to maplin sell. These LW products are in a different class. The instructions are very safety focused and written as if it's used like a remote control that you cold stick on a wall or lay on your table. HOWEVER it is also clearly designed to be used as a direct replacement for a standard wall switch, the screws line up exactly and it fits flush. However do not muck about with that unless you know what you are doing with mains electricity!

Note to manufacturer: I wish the partnering mains units (which this switch controls) could also be operated by Infra red, so I could add them to my programable remote control.

Endura Shark Sunglasses
Endura Shark Sunglasses

2.0 out of 5 stars Replacing the lenses is almost impossible, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Endura Shark Sunglasses (Misc.)
Ok it's not impossible, but took me about 10 attempts, each one I strained so hard I thought I would break something. In the process the lenses get covered with fingerprints. I eventually found a link on the Internet with a helpful guide. It's a definite knack, which i will have to re learn all over again by the time summer comes back!

LightwaveRF Connected Power, Double Socket - Wireless iOS, iPhone and Android Smart Home Automation Control- White

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, 20 Jan 2013
Love this product. It does exactly what it says in the ads and it works reliably. Looks slick and professional. Works perfectly with the whole range of LW products.

Suck Uk Wooden Bulb
Suck Uk Wooden Bulb
Offered by The Glow Company

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun design but where does it go?, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Suck Uk Wooden Bulb (Misc.)
I bought this for the same reason you are reading this....it looks different and fun.
It's a quality product, and on its own it looks great. But when I tried to put in on a table or floor etc. I found it difficult to find a place where it matched in with surroundings. The design and the bright halogen light ensures it shines out "look at me". Interestingly I found the position with it lying on its side (as in the adverts) the least appealing in situ. Just looks naff. Eventually I found the best was standing on its base on a table with plenty space around it. I also replaced the bright halogen with a softer bulb. Unfortunately this loses the dramatic grid like shadows it casts, but then I don't hurt my eyes when looking at it. In summary it is an unusual , interesting design that demands care in where you place it.

iPod battery - iPod 3rd Generation 1100mAh Battery Kit
iPod battery - iPod 3rd Generation 1100mAh Battery Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars IPOD back to its best., 20 Jan 2013
my iPod 3gen docks with a built in adapter in my car which doesn't work with latest iPods. The iPod battery was so knackered that as soon as the car was off, it discharged so quickly I could never stay alive enough to update songs. Is battery kit worked very well and the makers website has excellent instructions. I do not recommend you try to fit it unless you are "handy" as it is a very fiddly job. Its not so much you would break anything, more you might not get it back together. I went for the larger battery so it was a bit more awkward, I managed but in hindsight would recommend the smaller, especially if you have it docked most of the time.

Page: 1 | 2