Profile for J. Nosrati > Reviews

J. Nosrati (UK)

Resolution 88
Resolution 88

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Jazz Funk at its best!, 9 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Resolution 88 (MP3 Download)
Talented Band ... UNDERSTATEMENT of the year. What a debut album..... Modern jazz funk at its best...

Press Play
Press Play

5.0 out of 5 stars .... PHENOMINAL FENDER RHODES FUNK!, 9 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Press Play (MP3 Download)
.......PHENOMINAL follow up to the debut album. More funky tunes by Mr Tom O'Grady and the band that is Resolution88 ... Sit tight and put this on loop..... You WILL be addicted..... !

Port Mortuary: Scarpetta 18
Port Mortuary: Scarpetta 18
by Patricia Cornwell

1.0 out of 5 stars so disappointing - has Cornwell lost the plot ?, 30 Jun. 2011
Well - I feel as though I shouldnt have bothered ! The book was so poor. What happened to all the old banter between Marino and Scarpetta ? The plot was poor ( if there was one ) and storyline was all over the place - and at some points I felt like I must have missed a chapter out. Has Cornwell lost the magic touch .... I think so.

Committed: A Sceptic Makes Peace with Marriage
Committed: A Sceptic Makes Peace with Marriage
by Elizabeth Gilbert

1.0 out of 5 stars this is not like eat pray love !, 5 Mar. 2011
This book has now been on my bedside table partly read, for 4 months !!I was so looking forward to it.However, its not a novel but a series of ramblings about marriage - I feel totally misled I wanted a follow on from Eat Pray Love, what a disappointment

In a Persian Kitchen: Favourite Recipes from the Near East
In a Persian Kitchen: Favourite Recipes from the Near East
by Maideh Mazda

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT JUST A COOKERY BOOK . . ., 5 Mar. 2011
I bought this book back in 1997 as I was married to an Iranian and it seemed a good way to get to grips with middle eastern food. The book itself is lovely, and contains not just recipes but also short stories / memories from the author. Dont be misled into thinking this is a book of hot curries -it is not. The food is flavoursome and easy to cook, and is not too spicy. Back in 1977 many of the ingredients were not commonplace;in fact we had herbs and spices posted to us from Iran!!However, now everything is available in the high street or from middle eastern stores I will always treasure this book -it feels like a family heirloom !!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2011 9:57 AM GMT

Perfect in Ten: Stretch [DVD] [2007] [NTSC]
Perfect in Ten: Stretch [DVD] [2007] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Annette Fletcher
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect in ten - STRETCH, 27 Jan. 2009
Stretching - its only worthwhile if you do it properly, plus I'm hopeless at remembering a routine. This DVD is exactly what I have been searching for. Its split into 5 x 10 minute sections so its ideal if you just want to stretch out a specific part of your body or if you literally only have 10 minutes to spare. The backdrop to the DVD is straightforward - there are no gimmicks. All you need is yourself, a wall and a chair, although I would recommend that you use a floor mat too to avoid slipping. Annette Fletcher is easy to follow and more importantly - easy to listen to. I would strongly recommend this DVD to anyone who needs prompting on how to stretch effectively and safely.