Profile for J. Nosrati > Reviews

Port Mortuary
Port Mortuary
by Patricia Cornwell

1.0 out of 5 stars so disappointing - has Cornwell lost the plot ?, 30 Jun 2011
This review is from: Port Mortuary (Paperback)
Well - I feel as though I shouldnt have bothered ! The book was so poor. What happened to all the old banter between Marino and Scarpetta ? The plot was poor ( if there was one ) and storyline was all over the place - and at some points I felt like I must have missed a chapter out. Has Cornwell lost the magic touch .... I think so.

Committed: A Sceptic Makes Peace with Marriage
Committed: A Sceptic Makes Peace with Marriage
by Elizabeth Gilbert

1.0 out of 5 stars this is not like eat pray love !, 5 Mar 2011
This book has now been on my bedside table partly read, for 4 months !!I was so looking forward to it.However, its not a novel but a series of ramblings about marriage - I feel totally misled I wanted a follow on from Eat Pray Love, what a disappointment

In a Persian Kitchen: Favourite Recipes from the Near East
In a Persian Kitchen: Favourite Recipes from the Near East
by Maideh Mazda

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT JUST A COOKERY BOOK . . ., 5 Mar 2011
I bought this book back in 1997 as I was married to an Iranian and it seemed a good way to get to grips with middle eastern food. The book itself is lovely, and contains not just recipes but also short stories / memories from the author. Dont be misled into thinking this is a book of hot curries -it is not. The food is flavoursome and easy to cook, and is not too spicy. Back in 1977 many of the ingredients were not commonplace;in fact we had herbs and spices posted to us from Iran!!However, now everything is available in the high street or from middle eastern stores I will always treasure this book -it feels like a family heirloom !!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2011 9:57 AM GMT

Perfect in Ten: Stretch [DVD] [2007] [NTSC]
Perfect in Ten: Stretch [DVD] [2007] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Annette Fletcher
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect in ten - STRETCH, 27 Jan 2009
Stretching - its only worthwhile if you do it properly, plus I'm hopeless at remembering a routine. This DVD is exactly what I have been searching for. Its split into 5 x 10 minute sections so its ideal if you just want to stretch out a specific part of your body or if you literally only have 10 minutes to spare. The backdrop to the DVD is straightforward - there are no gimmicks. All you need is yourself, a wall and a chair, although I would recommend that you use a floor mat too to avoid slipping. Annette Fletcher is easy to follow and more importantly - easy to listen to. I would strongly recommend this DVD to anyone who needs prompting on how to stretch effectively and safely.