Profile for Mr. Gordon Pearson > Reviews

Content by Mr. Gordon Pearson

Mr. Gordon Pearson

Let Your Life Flow: The Physical, Psychological and Spiritual Benefits of the Alexander Technique
by Alex Maunder

5.0 out of 5 stars A Transformational Book, 5 Mar 2004
As a lifelong seeker of spirituality I had come across references to the Alexander Technique in two ways. One was through my daughter who in her twenties took a course with an Alexander Technique teacher to ease back pain, and clearly benefited not just physically but subtly in her improved attitude to life. The other was in a book by J G Bennett, a former pupil of Gurdjieff,in which he heartily endorsed the Technique as a means of spiritual development. I now wish I had looked into his recommendation years ago.It would be hard to conceive a better exposition than "Let Your Life Flow". The author moves effortlessly through the theory and practice of the Technique so that one can absorb the essence of the teaching with minimal difficulty. In my own case, the book has given my life an extra quality of grace. Even without visiting a Teacher I have been able to apply the advice with dramatic effects. I stand better, I move better, I have lost many aches and pains, I feel better grounded, and I have a revived virility. Not a bad record in less than a month! And there has been a shift in my consciousness: I now know from personal experience what Gurdjieff meant when he said; "Lifeis real only then when I AM."