Profile for Chrismyarse > Reviews

Midnight Memories
Midnight Memories
Price: 16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb songs with many potential singles., 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Midnight Memories (Audio CD)
Shame all the Americans are bringing down what should be an awesome 5 stars for this album - If you have issues email Amazon directly! I am so impressed with it - I love pop and this is pop at its very best. Well done 1D.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2014 9:15 PM GMT

Demonstration
Demonstration
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 4.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Demonstration (Audio CD)
I loved Discovery but quite disappointed with this - doesn't match up to the first album - the only song I like is the one with Emile Sande - 'a heart can save the world' which I'm sure will be huge - but the rest is sheer drivel.

The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun
Price: 6.27

2.0 out of 5 stars Hardgoing..., 25 Sep 2013
Its a tough book to get through if you're a semi-normal person. And by that, I mean you're probably not an American desperate housewife. I lived in the US for a short time and this book in no way helps dispell stereotypes - the author - oh woe is her.

Yes she sets out to define - she is already happy - but she wants to be happier. Fair enough. But the book, which I must add I have seen staring at me from many bookshelves before I finally decided to buy it, seemed to be billed as a life changing read.

It isn't. In fact if you have any sense at all, you're probably already doing half the stuff she has epiphanies about as a matter of course - and common sense. Do I want to read about someone throwing stuff out or how to store things? No. Did I want to read about how someone might have give up work for a month and gone to work for a charity or helped in a school or even took in a homeless person off the street? Yes!

Her writing style IS good though - she does have a very good way with words - but its such a shame that book is, pretty much to me anyway, meaningless. It would have been much better with some valuable life changes that would inspire me and other readers to contemplate out own choices and decisions.

I seem to remember a book written about a man who said yes to everything - I think I may hunt out this title instead...

Nice try, but my suggestion to the author would be to remember that she - along with most of the western population - even those on beneifts and social housing - are in the top 20% rich in the world. And while money certainly doesn't bring happiness it certainly helps when most of the society around you is catered to your every need. We should be looking at ways to give back, evaluate our own existences and use this to improve our own happiness. Considering she read a huge amount of research prior to undertaking the write, it's surprising the final book is so...shallow.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2013 10:40 AM BST

Nokia Lumia 620 Sim-Free Windows Smartphone - Black
Nokia Lumia 620 Sim-Free Windows Smartphone - Black
Price: 143.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The iPhone killer..., 1 Feb 2013
I always used to own Nokia. I had a 5300 music phone which I loved and moved on to the Nokia 5800 which was a brick! Of course I eventually went to iPhone for its innovative design and os. Sadly its now behind the times. I have been following the windows phone developments for a while now and I've not been entirely enthused about the other, more cumbersome Lumias. Once I saw this though I knew it was meant to be!

First off - it's very light! As a former iPhone 4 owner, its a joy to hold. The case is made from special material (polycarbonate did I read somewhere?). It clips off by pushing the camera hole at the back - its easy. The phone part that comes out is then even lighter - its hard to believe such a great phone is so small.

The micro sim card goes in behind the battery - which is another reason I'm happy - I can finally carry a spare battery again! The micro SD card also goes here - a whopping 64gb its great - got loads of videos and music on. However, a fantastic app is the Skydrive app, so I can access all my stored videos online too and download them straight to the phone.

Yes, the Windows app store is not as full as the iStore - but to be honest they have the essentials - Skype, whatsapp, facebook, kindle, viber (which can only do texts at the min). It's missing spotify but Nokia music is very good allowing you to choose songs to sync in an offline mode, similar to spotify premium. I'm currently liking the many gym workout mixes it has and I love the ministry of sound app. There are also numerous camera app, panorama mode etc; and a mode where you can make photos move like on Harry Potter!

The live tiles are great and give you up to date information. Windows 8 is great, very modern feel and very fast. It takes a few days to get used to, especially if you come from another os. There are two main screens - your live tiles front screen and then you swipe to see a list of all other apps alphabetically. The live tiles can be resized and moved around with ease.

The battery can be seen from the main screen and to be honest I am very VERY impressed - I have it on standby overnight next to me as I sleep it might have been charging as it was in my computer. I go to sleep, wake up and 8 hours later its on 99%! Also I use bluetooth headphones for music which can drain bettery quickly, but again not in this instance I can got for a an hour and a half ride and the battery has gone down about 10% with the bluetooths - far superior to the iPhone!

Okay, okay you're gonna start thinking I have been employed by Nokia to bash the iPhone! Don't get me wrong, I loved my iPhone, but I wanted a phone that worked alongside my computer (I'm a microsoft fan) and had a micro sim so I could just copy music over rather than sync all the time! I hate syncing! Luckily with this phone I can do that!

I thoroughly recommend this Nokia - a great phone at a fantastic price! Hope you enjoy it...
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2013 12:04 PM GMT

Dae Yor
Dae Yor
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best song on album, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Dae Yor (MP3 Download)
I love Paul van Dyk - but I have never got past loving For an Angel - I think it's his masterpiece. However this album is good, yes there's filler, but particularly this track comes close to For an Angel.

Ibiza 2010
Ibiza 2010
Price: 7.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Booooorrrrr-ing, 27 July 2010
This review is from: Ibiza 2010 (MP3 Download)
I bought this as for 6.99 for all these tracks a good deal! I thought there might be some hidden gems. Wrong! The tracks are about as exciting as my grandmother's knicker drawer. Honest, boring monotonous beats. If you like the clubbers guide get the latest summer 2010 its brilliant - packed with uplifting tunes with rarely a disappointing track among it. This collection, though cheap, has nothing to offer.

Dave Pearce Trance Anthems 2010
Dave Pearce Trance Anthems 2010
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 8.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 30 May 2010
Totally agree with David, yes its full of good songs but you've prob got them already, we need some new trance. I really liked the new mix of angel by dave darell, in the air by tv rock and aztec by the neptune project - so there a few good songs.

I bought this really to replace some of the lower quality bit rate songs in my collection and well, I have one little niggle. I know the songs very well, and on this cd they have replaced the original singers with another woman - possibly the same on each singing track! Songs such as 'need to feel loved' and 'it's my turn' sound different. And you know when you are in a cheapy discount store and they are playing a song but its not the song - its a cheap cover version made to play in stores? Well it kind of gives you that feeling.

Lol at stormanimal - what a terrible track and def not an anthem!