Profile for Phil Waldon > Reviews

Content by Phil Waldon

Phil Waldon "waldophil" (Walton on Thames, UK)

Penguins Stopped Play: Eleven Village Cricketers Take on the World
Penguins Stopped Play: Eleven Village Cricketers Take on the World
by Harry Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars This is such a good book..., 18 Oct 2007
I have read this book from start to finish in 3 days! It had me hooked & laughing from the off.
I'm a huge cricket fan, but you dont have to be to really enjoy this excellent book because of the way Harry Thompson is able to write in such an engaging way using his recollections of the amazing experiences these guys had together travelling around the world doing what blokes do!
This book is simply excleent

Trouble
Trouble
Price: 5.16

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 25 April 2007
This review is from: Trouble (Audio CD)
This album is simply fantastic from start to finish. I could single out various tracks but each one is so good in its own right I'd be doing them a diservice. This is the sort of album that you must play all the way through from start to finish rather than dip in and out of. Its mindblowing.

These Streets
These Streets
Price: 3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant debut..., 25 April 2007
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)
About a year ago, I downloaded the single These Streets from the itunes store as it was their single of the week. From the first listen, I fell in love with the song and played it repeatedly until the album came out.

By that time I had also downloaded the single Last Request which is another very strong song so I was highly anticipating the full album which certainly doesn't disappoint.

Whilst These Streets remians by far my favourite song, the album is a whole is excellent from start to finish.

The Secret of Crickley Hall
The Secret of Crickley Hall
by James Herbert
Price: 15.36

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 3 April 2007
I received this book as a Christmas present and was soon reading it during my commute to and from work. I got through the story very quickly as I must say it is an easy read but unfortunatley the plot is so stereo-typical with no "haunted house" suspense whatsoever that I was left very disappointed at the end.

After The Gold Rush
After The Gold Rush
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars His best work, 2 April 2007
This review is from: After The Gold Rush (Audio CD)
After The Goldrush is easily Neil Youngs greatest album. Everything about this album from start to finish is of the highest quality from the lyrics to the music and to the way it makes you feel after you've listened all the way through. There's also no way of deciding on a favourite track, they are all so good.

This album is a must for anyone.

A Piano in the Pyrenees: The Ups and Downs of an Englishman in the French Mountains
by Tony Hawks
Price: 9.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily his best yet....., 13 July 2006
This book is brilliant, simple as that!!!!!

I've read all of Tony Hawk's books with Round Ireland With A Fridge having been my favourite up until now. This book surpasses that by a long way, no book has ever made laugh out loud quite as heartily as this and that is due to the content of the story and the way Mr Hawks is able to tell a story.

An excellent book, all I can say is buy it now!