Profile for Fi > Reviews

Content by Fi

Fi

Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance series Book 2)
Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 11 Aug. 2014
An excellent read, I didn't want to stop until the story was told. Many fascinating twists and turns which kept me glued . I would definitely recommend this book.

Collins Robert Concise French to English (One Way) Dictionary (Collins Concise) (French Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars Think I'll stick to my good old fashioned dictionary with pages!, 5 Aug. 2014
Plenty of definitions but a clumsy time-consuming method of finding words. Very frustrating to begin with! Not at all what I was hoping for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to book three, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Amulet (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed the intrigue and pace of this novel. Like with "88" I was reluctant to put it down. I particularly like the supernatural/ fokelore elements and how they are approached by the author. Already looking forward to the next novel in the series.

by A.L. McAuley

5.0 out of 5 stars I thoroughly enjoyed this second novel in the series, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Amulet (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this second novel in the series. Great intrigue and pace. I particularly liked the supernatural/folklore angle which gives the story a real edge and unpredictability.

Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable, 24 Jun. 2014
I've lost count of how many times I've read Pride and Prejudice since 1989! It's like a comfort blanket. I still pick up on something new each time in the style or content.

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Infinately better than the films, 14 May 2014
I read these books before the films were made and couldn't put them down. Have just reread all three in day. Brilluant!

The Secret Keeper
The Secret Keeper

4.0 out of 5 stars The secret keeper, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Secret Keeper (Kindle Edition)
I set this book aside at first as its pace is very slow at the beginning. I'm glad I gave it a second chance as it turned out to be a very enjoyable read with an unexpected ending.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 19 Jan. 2014
An intriguing story which kept me guessing right to the end. Well written and developed. I really enjoyed this book.

The Watsons
The Watsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise! Where have you been all my life???, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Watsons (Kindle Edition)
Until recently I'd never heard of this book and I chanced on it by accident! The worst thing about Jane Austen is that you're never waiting on her next novel, so this was just bliss! A gritty one, completed by another author but I have to say quite seamlessly in my opinion. As expected, I thoroughly enjoyed it and like the rest of her collection it will be read again and again. Only bought it yesterday and finished it that evening. Now waiting for another surprise secret novel...

Eighty Eight
Eighty Eight

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Eighty-Eight!, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Eighty Eight (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was easy to get immersed in the characters and the plot and I could never have guessed what was coming next. Well written and very origional. I look forward with anticipation to more from this author!