Profile for Yas Hamood > Reviews

Content by Yas Hamood

Yas Hamood "Yas" (London, UK)

Quake
Quake
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Horror with no holds barred!, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Quake (Kindle Edition)
I love Richard Laymon and unfortunately this isn't his best work. After such a big build up through out I expected a better ending. However it did keep me reading and it has me on edge through most of the story. Overall I really enjoyed it.

For first time Laymon readers I would recommend Beast House or Body rides.

Evernote
Evernote
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars productive, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Evernote (App)
Can't live without this app. I use it even every day for my work and privately as a journal. Get it!!

Zombie Frontier
Zombie Frontier
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: Zombie Frontier (App)
My favourite game app! Haven't been able to stop playing it. Graphics are great too. Download it & try it for yourself.

Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, Red Dice
Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, Red Dice
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Pike - an author after my own heart!, 9 Oct 2012
I just fell in love with Sita, there are no characters like her out there and I devoured the entire series in 3 days. Pike is a genius at blending complex emotions, spirituality and morality all in one long adventure. Cannot wait for the latest book in the series :)

ANCIENT SUMERIAN BIOTECH (ATLANTIUM Book 7)
ANCIENT SUMERIAN BIOTECH (ATLANTIUM Book 7)
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 3 July 2012
There wasn't much to read and everything in this has already been said much better by other authors. I wish the description had been more accurate. Got through it in five minues.

Lines in the sky
Lines in the sky
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Gem, 23 Mar 2012
This review is from: Lines in the sky (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely loved this collection of short stories, and despite my misgivings, I found I couldn't put it down. Looking forward to more from P W Ames! A variation of both moving & sometimes funny stories, but always memorable.

Un Lun Dun
Un Lun Dun
by China Mieville

5.0 out of 5 stars Memorable, 31 Aug 2010
This review is from: Un Lun Dun (Hardcover)
I wasn't too sure about this book to begin with and it took a while to warm to. But soon I found myself immersed in the world of Un Lun Dun and I was strangely enjoying it. Why did it take me so long? Because it was dark, dirty, grimy but I couldn't deny how imaginative and well written it was. It takes special talent to pull of something this dark and make it so delightful, intriguing and memorable.

The Midnight Club
The Midnight Club
by Christopher Pike
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a story, 22 April 2010
A beautiful well written tale of terminally ill teenagers that meet every midnight to tell each other stories. A simple premise but it goes much deeper. I first read this book as a teenager myself, about eleven years ago and still read it from time to time. It never fails to move me or bring me to tears. Highly recommended, but be warned this isn't a horror story if that's what you're expecting.