Profile for Terry Bowen > Reviews

Content by Terry Bowen

Terry Bowen "Reading Spiritual, Fantasy and Self Improvement Books!" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Galley Proof
Galley Proof

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 14 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Galley Proof (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book and was upset that it finished. It was a really fun and had me laughing in many places. Totally recommend this book!

Language Lessons
Language Lessons

5.0 out of 5 stars Really easy and quick to read, leaving a warm feeling at the end!, 8 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Language Lessons (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this novella, and despite it being over too quick I really enjoyed it! The story flowed and was well written!

Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles Book 2)
Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! I am sure they won't shut up for long ;), 25 Jun. 2012
I read the original book, and really enjoyed it! I did liken it to one of my favourites movies, and don't know what came first, but TJ wrote a fantastic book in Bear, Otter and the Kid. The sequel is amazing. I really loved it, and found myself laughing out loud at points, that people looked at me. I had to put it down at one point because it was too much emotion, but that is what TJ has done really well, got you to love this characters. I did wonder how this would go, and with the first chapter I nearly gave, until I found out it was all a joke... sorry for the spoiler there, but it was very confusing! I have loved this book, and really looking forward to more from TJ Klune in the future!

Shadow Heir (Dark Swan 4)
Shadow Heir (Dark Swan 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read as ever!, 8 Jun. 2012
I really enjoyed reading this book, and have enjoyed the whole series in total! This book doesn't feel like the end, but has been written that way. So much is left un said at the end, and I hope that Richelle picks it up again.

I was disappointed by all the reviews claiming the bad ending, as when the ending came it made logical sense, albeit a heart breaking one! However, as mentioned before, it will be great if she picked it up again! I liked the characters, and even Dorian grew on me towards the end!

If you've enjoyed the series, then you will enjoy this book too! :)

The Awakening: (Hasea Chronicles Book 1)
The Awakening: (Hasea Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, really recommend this book!, 4 April 2012
This book was really great! I couldn't put it down, or turn the Kindle off when I was reading it! It's got some great characters, and whilst a bit obvious in some places, I felt that the author really captured England well, and reminded me of my school days too! It also made me cry in a couple of places, as the investment in the characters was really built up and made me care about them when things happened.

Looking forward to the next book already! :)

Hillserpent Academy
Hillserpent Academy

2.0 out of 5 stars a bit cheesy but a light read, 7 Mar. 2012
dont expect too much but an entertaining read and took no time at all to get through. a bit obvious in places and was quick story, but ok read!

Bear, Otter, and the Kid (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles Book 1)
Bear, Otter, and the Kid (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 15 Oct. 2011
I was a little put off by the reviewer who had only read the sample, but I am glad I didnt listen. this was a very fun read full of twists and turns and written in a style that made me want to keep on reading. My only grumble is that it felt like an expansion to the film 'Shelter' but never the less its a great book!

One Less Stiff at the Funeral (Petit Morts Book 8)
One Less Stiff at the Funeral (Petit Morts Book 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read, 14 Sept. 2011
I brought this as I had already read "Tiger and Devils" and really enjoyed that book. This was fun, light and the twist at the end was enjoyable!

Spirit Inspirations
Spirit Inspirations
by Denise Pilgrim

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirit Inspirations, 7 July 2008
This review is from: Spirit Inspirations (Paperback)
I have read this booked, and brought copies for my friends and family as it has a special feel to it. The words in the book have helped me and others whenever I have needed it. Whether it be for inspiriation that I need, or to hear words that lift my spirit, this book has it all. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a spiritual direction in their life.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2009 12:45 PM GMT

Wisdom Of Avalon Oracle Cards
Wisdom Of Avalon Oracle Cards
by Colette Baron-Reid
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Cards, 1 Oct. 2007
Im a great fan of Colette, but these cards are amazing. Very accurate and would be great to anyone setting out on their path, as well as those that are used to using varios oracle cards. They are easy to read and have great artwork with them as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2009 9:53 PM GMT