Profile for Terry Bowen > Reviews

Content by Terry Bowen

Terry Bowen "Reading Spiritual, Fantasy and Self Improvement Books!" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
And Then That Happened
And Then That Happened

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story about how fate will sometimes throw a curve ball to help you out, 15 Jun. 2015
And Then That Happened is a story about Dominic, a Charge Nurse (think Male Matron), and a significant event that happens in his life. Dominic is living with Luke, his boyfriend of 10 years and the story starts on New Years eve 1999. All seems well, but there are little bits dropped in, through Dominic's thoughts, that show that not everything is perfect, and that Dominic's life is in need of a change. This is where Gabe comes in, someone that shows Dominic that there is more to life than he has been used to so far.

I love the way that Liam tells his stories. Having already read "Best Friends Perfect, Book 1" I enjoy the way he brings everything to life. I remember how life was depicted for gay people in the late 80's and 90's, and Liam has captured this brilliantly. He covers real subjects, such as HIV with such class that it took away the dirty stigma that it sometimes has, and I like the honest down to earth approach he put into the story.

The main character, Dominic had me routing for him and the change he needed in his life. His trials and tribulations weren't what I was expecting, but I kept reading as I wanted to know more. I wanted him to have a happy ending, and evening resided to the fact that it wasn't going to happen, but I cared for him. The other guys in the story, Gabe, Luke and Matt show the different ways different people and our relationships with them can have an affect on us. I like how this book made me think, and how we can find happiness in our own way. There was a great supporting cast too who were just brilliant, especially Mother and Dad. They were so real, and I could feel myself groaning in places, and laughing in many at the things that they did.

Overall this is a great book, and one that I didn't want to stop reading. I cursed the end of my lunch breaks and actually wished that my commute was a little longer, because the story was so greatly told. Liam Livings has a great way to tell his stories, and I look forward to reading even more of them.

THE REORDERING: A Signs of the Zodiac Novella
THE REORDERING: A Signs of the Zodiac Novella

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ending, and leaves you wanting more!, 2 Feb. 2015
Got to love Vicki and all that she does, and this book really finishes up the series, but I feel opens it up for more to come later down the road. If you love the series, you will love this!

Promises Made Under Fire
Promises Made Under Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable read and story, 2 Feb. 2015
This for me was a great book, and I really enjoyed reading it. It made me think about how far we have come since those days, but also how love is love, and I really enjoyed the twists and turns in the book. A real pleasure and looking forward to reading more!

When You Run, You Eventually Have to Stop (Tigers and Devils)
When You Run, You Eventually Have to Stop (Tigers and Devils)

5.0 out of 5 stars Short, Sweet, but Awesome!, 16 Dec. 2014
This was a great story. I have read the tales of Simon and Dec for some time now, and I loved that this was from the point of Dec, because you get to hear how much he cares for Simon, even in the beginning. Totally recommended for any fan of the series.

It's not me, it's you. . . The epic gay dating fails of an English twenty-something

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit far fetched but good enough, 29 July 2014
I did enjoy this but was finding it hard to read in places as things seemed very far fetched. However it was entertaining to read.

River Rising
River Rising

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome read, thoroughly enjoyed it, 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: River Rising (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't sure about this story but gave it a go. I expected it to end a lot sooner but really enjoyed the characters and how they developed. Some issues in editing though but otherwise I really enjoyed it.

Easy On The Eye Poetry
Easy On The Eye Poetry

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely collection of poems, 20 Sept. 2013
I really enjoyed this collectiom of poems. Capturing different views and making me think. A great read to bring a smile or tear to your eye.

Ten in the Bin
Ten in the Bin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short story, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Ten in the Bin (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this short read. It was quick and easy to get into, although I was confused with who was who at the beginning.
Looking forward to reading more of her work! :)

Tell Me It's Real
Tell Me It's Real

5.0 out of 5 stars I grinned all the way through, 6 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Tell Me It's Real (Kindle Edition)
I've loved TJ Klune and his books since Bear Otter and the kid. This book had me smiling, grinning all the way through, and often laughing out loud. I love the main character and supporting characters too, with some great twists this is easily a wonderful must read

The Mystic Cookbook: The Secret Alchemy of Food
The Mystic Cookbook: The Secret Alchemy of Food
by Denise Linn

5.0 out of 5 stars Change the way that you look at food, dinner and having a meal, 1 Feb. 2013
What I've really enjoyed about this book is how to takes you on a different journey, approach and view of food. Having sat at a rather depressing table for dinner over the past few years, I took the approach of energising the table, the settings and had an amazing meal with my partner. Taking the suggestions in this book will really help you, and lets face it, we all have to eat - so why not add some mysticism into what you do. I love the recipes in this book too, and love how the Facebook site and website continue to inspire and give you more recipes. A recommended read indeed!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3