Profile for Mum23 > Reviews

John Carter [DVD]
Dvd ~ Taylor Kitsch
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite films!, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: John Carter [DVD] (DVD)
When I heard a JOHN CARTER film was in the works, I read the first 3 Barsoom novels, which led me to anticipate the film. It fully matched my expectations, has become one of my all time favourites & one I can watch again & again. A creative reworking of the first novel, it beefs up the plot & characters while faithfully reproducing the keynotes & pulp-romp nature of the original. Strong cast, effects & script (& frequently funny)

On Guard: Defending Your Faith with Reason and Precision
On Guard: Defending Your Faith with Reason and Precision
Price: 6.17

5.0 out of 5 stars On Guard, 13 Jun 2013
Covers similar ground to Reasonable Faith, but at a more popular level. Opens up a whole range of evidence, some of the arguments round the ressurrection are really strong but not obvious unless you know the context in the Jewish/Roman world of the time.

God Is Spirit: 1
God Is Spirit: 1
by Dr Craig
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars God is Spirit, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: God Is Spirit: 1 (Paperback)
The text is great, deep but accessible. My six-year old got on with it just fine. The ilustrations are nice, but hardly cutting edge. I'd prefer a bumper volume of all the titles, rather than buying them piece-meal. But as theological material for kids is hardly in abundance, its a really useful resource. We should have good answers to our spawn's awkward questions; (Such as 'why is that goose red?') & Bill helps Mum & Dad out (Apart from the geese issue)

The Defense Never Rests: Teacher's Handbook
The Defense Never Rests: Teacher's Handbook
by William Lane Craig
Price: 11.27

5.0 out of 5 stars The Defence Never Rests, 13 Jun 2013
The design is rather dated (Kind of reminscent of Sunday School notes from my childhood) but the contents are excellent. If 8-year olds are accessing this they must be precocious little horrors, but adolescents will get on fine with it & it's also suitable for adults - just a very clear, accessible way to access WLC's material.

Triple Laundry Basket Sorter
Triple Laundry Basket Sorter
Offered by Syntax1010
Price: 44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Triple Laundry Basket Sorter
We have had one of these previously over 10 yrs ago and from moving it around (was by a cupboard) frequently and finally stood on by 4 yr old! the frame broke!! I was so glad i found this replacement one as i love the fact you can take individual bags down to wash, and you can wash the bags when they get grubby!it makes it easy to sort into different wash colours even the 4yr old knows which one to put his washing in. Hopefully this one will last as long if not longer now the kids are growing up! I'm still using the old bags as they are fine still very solidly sewn will put the new bags away as spares!