Shop now Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Profile for Nicholas Horne > Reviews

Content by Nicholas Horne

Nicholas Horne (Oxfordshire, UK)

WD My Passport 2TB USB 3.0 High Capacity Portable Hard Drive for Mac - Silver
WD My Passport 2TB USB 3.0 High Capacity Portable Hard Drive for Mac - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars This is perfect for backup of my home Mac, 29 Aug. 2015
This is perfect for backup of my home Mac. Plug and go! Very pleased. Reputation is very good, so confidence-inspiring.

SanDisk SDSDB-032G-FFP 32 GB Secure Digital SD Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff! SanDisk always is, 29 Aug. 2015
This one went to 110,000 ft under a helium balloon, recorded thousands of photos and other data at well-sub-zero temperature via a Raspberry Pi, and then survived re-entry and landing in a cornfield, followed by around 80 degrees temperature inside the "basket" as the lithium power, regulator circuit and Pi were still running during a celebration trip to Macdonalds (pics of that too).
Good stuff! SanDisk always is.

Garden Trading Ceramic Compost Crock Spare Filters - (2 filters)
Garden Trading Ceramic Compost Crock Spare Filters - (2 filters)
Offered by All-Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 29 Aug. 2015
Has a mundane job to do and does it fine!

CSL - 10m - CAT.6 Ethernet Gigabit Lan network cable (RJ45) | 10/100/1000Mbit/s | Patch cable | UTP | compatible with CAT.5 / CAT.5e / CAT.7 | Switch/Router/Modem/Patch panel / Access Point / patch fields | black
Offered by CSL-Computer

270gsm Recycled Black Card - 50 x A1 Sheets of High Quality Black Paper/Card
270gsm Recycled Black Card - 50 x A1 Sheets of High Quality Black Paper/Card
Offered by Artway Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Thank you, 29 Aug. 2015
Really just what we needed.
Good product. Thank you!

The Sky Is Crying
The Sky Is Crying

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally managed to assemble my favourite tracks (the right versions, 20 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Sky Is Crying (MP3 Download)
Finally managed to assemble my favourite tracks (the right versions, too) from the SUE RECORDS album "The Best Of Elmore James" of 1965, the very first and also best Elmore I ever heard (1967 or so), and where I learned slide guitar. Not the same recordings as a compilation now available under the same name.
Incredible as it might seem to younger listeners, these recordings were significant in the embryonic stage of the now globally huge Fleetwood Mac.
A very different, more intimate performance experience then, but very powerful.
Got these together from individual downloads! Great result.
You can directly feel the energy in these couple-of-mics-and-a-tape-recorder takes of Elmore, like being in the studio on the day. Great!

I'm Not Bossy, I'm The Boss
I'm Not Bossy, I'm The Boss

5.0 out of 5 stars energy honesty and soul encoded in the little bit of plastic like doesn't often happen, 15 Aug. 2014
Everyone should have a copy of this. It costs what, burger-and-chips for two, but it's just exceptional. A gorgeous record, energy honesty and soul encoded in the little bit of plastic like doesn't often happen. Fabulous.

A World Without Bees
A World Without Bees
by Alison Benjamin

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique, valuable, objective; a fantastically GOOD book, 24 Jun. 2008
This review is from: A World Without Bees (Hardcover)
I read this wonderful book in one very long sitting; I really could not stop once I started. Having grown up surrounded, in my immediate family, by the 1950's acute nature-awareness of the early Soil Association days of Bob Waller and Harold Horne et al, it was like deja vu to me.
The authors have been very disciplined in producing a really worthwhile book; it is almost perfectly objective, and therefore above cheap criticism. They have worked immensely hard to source a huge amount of sound material, and they have taken the trouble to understand it thoroughly before using it in their book. And the mystery at issue is no less than how terrifyingly detached from truth we are becoming, and how little we now understand our own misery and poverty of life in the midst of all our illusion of ease; how deprived of reality we have already become.
Read it! In the morning, the evening, on the train, in the bath, but read it. It is more real than most other stuff you will find on printed paper or glowing on a monitor any day of the year.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2009 5:26 PM BST