Profile for Mrs. H. Bolus > Reviews

Content by Mrs. H. Bolus

Mrs. H. Bolus "feisty lady" (U.K.)

How to Knit (Art Ideas) (Usborne Art Ideas)
How to Knit (Art Ideas) (Usborne Art Ideas)
by Fiona Watt
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Teach a child to knit, 7 July 2014
A great book for teaching a child to knit and also for brushing up on your own knitting skills. The pictures are clear and the examples are practical. As a left-hander, I found it quite difficult to teach my grand-daughter, who at 6 is now managing simple knitting.
Having originally borrowed this from the library, I then bought a copy on Amazon, so that we have it with us when ever we get the knitting urge.

The Liberty Book of Home Sewing
The Liberty Book of Home Sewing
by Liberty

2.0 out of 5 stars Great, I thought, 7 July 2014
I am a lover of Liberty fabrics and grabbed this book when I saw it in the library. Great, I thought, some new ideas for my stash of Liberty. Thank goodness I hadn't bought this book. I would have really felt short changed. For me, the projects were both impractical and utterly boring. No inspiration in here I'm afraid. Think I'll stick to 'pinterest'

Philips CD1502B/05 DECT Twin Cordless Telephone - Twin Pack
Philips CD1502B/05 DECT Twin Cordless Telephone - Twin Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 15 Jan. 2011
I bought these phones on price as I needed twin phones in a hurry. Initially they were easy to set up and use although the ringtone was not loud enough for our needs. After only a few months, the second phone stopped ringing altogether and there was no dialling beep. The instruction manual was unhelpful, as was the website, so we were down to using one phone. This has now got the same problem and has stopped ringing. I intend to bin them and make sure that I do better research for my new phones.

Flexi-Tie 2.5mm (narrow)
Flexi-Tie 2.5mm (narrow)

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant product, 11 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Flexi-Tie 2.5mm (narrow)
I have been using flexi-tie for several years since I first discovered it at Alnwick Castle.
It's so easy to tie, flexible and durable. You can reuse it as it doesn't rot and you don't need two hands to tie it.
However it's expensive, been very badly marketed and is impossible to find in garden centres.
This seems like a reasonable price on Amazon and I can thoroughly reccommend it for all tying in jobs in your garden.