Profile for indierock > Reviews

indierock (London)

Cowon J3 16GB MP3 Player - Black
Cowon J3 16GB MP3 Player - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sound, 14 Jun. 2010
This player is superb, the audio is fantastic and the video is crystal clear. Upon first hearing this device, I was pretty skeptical and I had to adjust the sound settings loads in order to get the sound that I wanted. Originally, I had the Sony 16gb NWZ-A829 and this cowon's sound is completely different! I was very used to the warm, rich and full sound of the Sony but after long periods of time, this became too harsh on my ears. The cowon however is the complete opposite, the sound, in my opionion is quieter, not too harsh, doesn't need to be loud to achieve the best quality and its just fantastic to listen to (once settings are adjusted). I can listen to it for long periods of time and be happy. The overall sound stage is just brilliant! I highly recommmend this!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2010 10:29 PM BST

Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 12 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Perfect Symmetry (Audio CD)
This is a very good album with catchy and epic melodies. Perfect symmetry is a real winner which still maintains the classic keane standards. 5*!

Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 6 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Perfect Symmetry (Audio CD)
Everyone buy this album! It is so amazing! I've heard all the songs on this and they are all classics :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2008 9:32 PM BST

Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars A Keane Masterpiece!, 6 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Perfect Symmetry (Audio CD)
I have listened to this whole album in full and I have to say this is incredible lyrically as well as musically. All the songs are great and there are no fillers! The songs are quite different to Hopes and Fears but their adventurous sound still remains with Tom Chaplin's vocals soaring in many of the songs, most notably perfect symmetry, love is the end, black burning heart and playing along. They of course use more instruments producing weird and wonderful sounds! This album is truly unique, beautiful and hundred times better that anything out there at the moment. Although some of the songs are a bit dancey such as spiralling, I feel that the keane signature is always there in the songs - nearly all the tunes build up to something great. I think it is cool that keane have decided to take a new spin with their sound, it actually doesn't matter where they take it because keane will always sound so awesome in any direction they go. Bands that always stay in the same place worry me because they don't stretch musical borders so I admire this band for taking their sound to another level. This is a definate must buy! You won't regret it, perfect symmetry is the most amazing song ever!