Profile for Shauren > Reviews

Content by Shauren

Shauren (UK)

Cover Your Gray Color Comb Black
Cover Your Gray Color Comb Black
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions Inc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for urgent touch ups, 17 April 2013
I have (mostly) black hair and it is quick and easy to touch up what isn't with this comb. So if you need to get ready in a hurry this is the thing for you.

However, it is basically shoe polish on a funny shaped stick. So it isn't permanent (i.e. it's gone next time you wash your hair) and it leaves a waxy residue. If you have the time, then a touch up brush using permanent hair dye is a more lasting solution.

Perixx DX-1000L, Gaming Mouse Pad - 320x270x2mm Dimension - Non-slip Rubber base - Special Treated Textured Weave
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too slippery, not too sticky, just right, 16 April 2013
Within the universe of mouse pads, for me, this one sits in the Goldilocks' zone. It's not too big or too small. It's smooth for a textile surface but not too slick like a table top. A real pleasure to use for precise graphics work.

It's thin so the corners don't catch your wrist but thick enough so it feels like a mat and I do not feel the table through it. Its rubber backing means that it does not slip.

It even looks as good as black squares of material go.

Ashland Heavy Duty Black Refuse Sacks/Bin Bags/Bin Liners(200Pack)
Ashland Heavy Duty Black Refuse Sacks/Bin Bags/Bin Liners(200Pack)
Offered by Discount Deals Only

5.0 out of 5 stars Stronger and Better Value than Supermarket Bin Liners, 5 Dec. 2012
At around 8.5p per bag, these are the same price as the budget bin liners you find in supermarkets but they are thicker than the premium ones. Not as thick as some commercial bin liners or refuse sacks but they are great for domestic rubbish. At least I know that they are not going to rip en-route to the wheelie bin.

Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Discontinued)
Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 (Discontinued)
Offered by Imager Plus 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a Stereo Wireless Headset That Works, 11 Mar. 2011
I had been looking for a stereo wireless headset (rather than just wireless headphones without a mic) for the last couple of years and, after paying quite a lot for a bluetooth Nokia one that was not up to the job despite decent reviews, I had given up. I then noticed these and took the plunge as Logitech were bundling this with their G510 keyboard and G700 mouse. I wanted them for Skype and late night gaming. I can now say I am impressed and now use them a lot more than expected despite having decent PC speakers. The surround sound does create a better atmosphere in a game. I am sure that dedicated high end headphones would better sound than these, but the sound is not at all tinny and there is no interference. Range is at least twenty to thirty feet (unless I am standing next to the microwave turned on). It is probably a small thing to some people, but I find most headset volume controls are fiddly to use, the roller control on the G930 makes it a doddle to get the sound level just right. (Why don't all manufacturers do this? Or even Logitech on all its other products?)

So overall it performs well in all areas. It is quite bulky and therefore, during the day, I prefer to use speakers (maybe because I am not used to listening to headphones). The other issue is that the easiest way to switch between speakers and headphones is to remove the USB key transmitter from its socket and Windows (Vista) then automatically routes to the speakers after about 5-10 seconds. To be honest this is a bit of a hassle and a bit of an oversight by Logitech. I therefore spent £12 on a two way USB switch (rather than a hub) and this replaces the USB extension box that comes with the headset. Now I just need to press a button and turn the headset on to make a call.

Bosch Rotak 34 LI Cordless Rotary Lawn Mower (Old Version)
Bosch Rotak 34 LI Cordless Rotary Lawn Mower (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Most Convenient Mower, 5 May 2010
The smaller your lawn the more useful this mower is going to be. It's light, so I can pick it up and start in seconds. And this means most of my time is spent cutting green stuff and not untangling 30 metres of orange cord or trying unsuccessfully to start my old petrol Flymo. I know this is what it says on the box but it really does have the quietness and low maintenance of an electric mower and the "cordlessness" of a petrol one.

Negatives? Obviously if you have a large garden, then this isn't for you. It claims to cuts up to 100-150 sq metres on a single charge but my lawn isn't that big for me to confirm this. There is also a plastic clip that prevents the mower cutting below 35mm but you can lift it out so you can go down 20mm. This point is hidden in the manual and should really have been made clearer as one or two users/reviewers may not have realised this. The corded version costs £100 less but the extra is well worth paying for.