Profile for Heltonlass > Reviews

Gabor Womens Omaha Loafers 84.211.16 Blue 6.5 UK, 40 EU
Gabor Womens Omaha Loafers 84.211.16 Blue 6.5 UK, 40 EU
Offered by SchuhBenner

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing issue, 12 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Gabor Womens Omaha Loafers (Shoes)
I ordered these shoes in my usual size. They were far too small, especially the width. I sent them back.

ClimeMET CM9088 Digital Wireless Weather Station - Monitors Indoor & Outdoor Temperature, Dew Point, Barometer and Humidity with Weather Forecast Tendency Indicator
Offered by The UK Weather Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch the weather, 11 Jun. 2014
The lousy instructions aside (we found much better ones from a US supplier of the same device under a different brand), this little weather station is quite useful.

We like the display of pressure and the pictorial indication of weather trend, which after a couple of weeks use does appear to be more or less correct and we have a weather station 300m from our house to benchmark against.

We had trouble with the remote sensor at first, but the seller was very helpful with advice and in the end provided a replacement sensor which is working well. The initial one was not reading temperature correctly (too high) and it is suspected that there was a manufacturing defect.

When setting up the device initially, to avoid intermittent loss of wireless connection to the remote sensor, just put the batteries in both units and leave them together for several hours before you start figuring out where to place the remote sensor. We found this step important.

When placing the sensor we found there were quite a few blind spots, especially close to window and door frames, even close to the base unit. We had better success moving the sensor away from the fabric of the house to avoid all of this. We have the sensor about 1.5 m off the ground, tucked in the shelter of a gate post and with a piece of wood above it to keep rain off. We don't know how rain resistant this unit will be.

So, although it has taken a little effort to get this system working, we are very pleased with the purchase, and the after sales service.

Men's Famous Dunlop Suede Moccasin Slippers with cushioned check lining and Hardwearing Sole BROWN size 9 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly OK product, 6 April 2014
Arrived on time, actually a day early. Well packaged. Product was exactly as described. The fit was a bit tight, but I suspect that in time they will slacken and be better.

No hesitation in recommending.

TP-Link TL-WN822N 300MBPS High Gain Wireless N USB Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN822N 300MBPS High Gain Wireless N USB Adapter

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor delivery packaging, 18 Oct. 2013
I have not checked the function of this item yet, because it just arrived. However, I have scored it low because of the way it was delivered. The item was packaged in a small clear plastic bag - probably this was how it left the factory? Anyhow, the vendor simply stuck a label on the plastic and posted it. It is a miracle the plastic case was not broken in the post. Items like this should be sent in a small padded Jiffy bag.

Hoya 62mm UV Filter
Hoya 62mm UV Filter
Offered by CameraKing (Shipping from UK)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% sure, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Hoya 62mm UV Filter (Accessory)
This was delivered in good time and was cheap for Hoya. The lens was found to have a small circular mark on it, bit like a watermark but will nOt clean off - but so far I annotate see any obvious effect of this mark on photos. This fault together with the low price made me suspicious that the product may be counterfeit, but I am not sure.

Wireless IR Infrared Remote Control for Sony Alpha A230,A290,A330,A380,A390,A450,A550,A580,A700,A850,A900,A33,A55,A57,A65,A77,A99,NEX-5 NEX-5n,NEX-6,NEX-7,Milnolta DSLR as IRMT-DSLR1
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Chinese copy but works, 14 May 2013
I knew this was a Chinese copy of a Sony remote but it works fine and cost very little. Was delivered on time.

Glory In The Name
Glory In The Name
by James Nelson

3.0 out of 5 stars Second hand book, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Glory In The Name (Paperback)
On receipt the book was found to be in average condition, was delivered in good time and didn't cost much so it was perfectly acceptable.

Sony Alpha LCS-AMB DSLR Case - Black
Sony Alpha LCS-AMB DSLR Case - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Case for A77, 14 Jan. 2013
This case arrived on time and was exactly as described.

My only complaint is that my A77 is quite a tight fit into the case, which is supposed to be compatible. It is, but only just.

Incipio Smart Feather Case for iPad 3 - Frost
Incipio Smart Feather Case for iPad 3 - Frost
Offered by helpful_seller

5.0 out of 5 stars Incipio ok, 4 May 2012
This brand is excellent; it is thin and snaps neatly into place.and the material has a nice silky feel. I had one for my ipad2 so was keen to get the same for my new ipad.